Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel is not broken. You are.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Sentinel is not broken. You are.

Retro-
03.26.2012 , 10:09 AM | #311
I find the sentinel to work well in burning people down in warzones, but there are some glaring things differences I find when compared to other melee's in this game, the class could use a few tweaks which I think are coming in 1.2

Will see if that helps to overall player base.

ZOiDVOiD
03.26.2012 , 05:08 PM | #312
What are ppl qqing about ...sentinel is THE most powerfull melee class there is hands down in any 1 v 1 situation pve or pvp

The only class that even stands a shadow of a chance against my bm geared conqueror sentinel atm is Pt pyro and i rarely loose to them either ... and we need buffing .....rrrrrright

KaptainPlanet
03.26.2012 , 05:23 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by ZOiDVOiD View Post
What are ppl qqing about ...sentinel is THE most powerfull melee class there is hands down in any 1 v 1 situation pve or pvp

The only class that even stands a shadow of a chance against my bm geared conqueror sentinel atm is Pt pyro and i rarely loose to them either ... and we need buffing .....rrrrrright
^^^
AGREED

Sentinels are one of the best classes hands down.

-We destroy 1v1 most class specs
-We have SO many abilities to negate damage

Zen- Dot crits and heals per tic
Pacify- 90% acc reduction
STEALTH- if specced negates 100% damage.
Three separate bubbles
Rebuke- Can last up to 30 seconds negates 20% - returns damage to attacker
Saber ward- 50% reduction for 12 seconds
Guarded by the force- use at 1k-3k health negates basically all damage for a final showdown.

IF YOU THINK WE ARE BROKE LOOK AT MY VIDEO BELOW
IM PVPING FREAKING NAKED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peUf0r4LvFU

No Head
No Chest
No Legs
No PvP expertise relics

we an't broke at all by any means

witelightnin
03.27.2012 , 06:39 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by Saetun View Post
I could have written this guide myself, as it is near exact how I play my Sentinel. Do I succeed at doing what I want to do? Yes. But fact is, this is still all 10x more that you have to do and you have at least twice the downtime as any other class in the game. Which in any other forum for any other class in this game, or other MMO is the very definition of underpowered/unbalanced.
No, just no. Sorry to say it, you are a bad sentinel. If you have ANY downtime, you aren't playing it right. I can take any group of mobs short of the groups for heroic 4-mans and end up with full health after the fight. Hell, even with Kira I'll still have at least 80-90% health. If you are having downtime, you obviously are not playing properly. Use zen every time its up. Use your defensive CD's properly. Use Stasis/acc down move. Use dispatch below 20% health. There is no reason to have downtime. EVER.

Dawginole
03.27.2012 , 11:37 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by KaptainPlanet View Post
-We destroy 1v1 most class specs
-We have SO many abilities to negate damage

Zen- Dot crits and heals per tic
Pacify- 90% acc reduction
STEALTH- if specced negates 100% damage.
Three separate bubbles
Rebuke- Can last up to 30 seconds negates 20% - returns damage to attacker
Saber ward- 50% reduction for 12 seconds
Guarded by the force- use at 1k-3k health negates basically all damage for a final showdown.
No "we" do not. The problem with these boards is that they don't represent the population of Sentinels at large. They represent a disproportionate amount of Watchmen.

Not necessarily the abilities you mention, though Zen works very differently for us Combat spec'd and I have no idea how it works with Focus, but we have a different rotation, different abilities, and different procs on some of our similar abilities.

The board is in the habit of assuming everyone playing Sentinel is playing the same thing but it's not a cookie cutter class. I have loads of fun playing Combat. Isn't that what it's about? Or is it just about trying to impress others with screen shots and videos?
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Dawginole
03.27.2012 , 11:44 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by KaptainPlanet View Post
p.s. I enjoyed your video. You're a very good watchman spec. But I don't understand why everyone that makes a PvP or FPS COD video has to use drowning pool as a song. Worst song ever.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.