Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh No!!! Another 3.0 Combat Sentinel Guide? Yep! :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Oh No!!! Another 3.0 Combat Sentinel Guide? Yep! :)

Sarafain
01.02.2015 , 12:53 PM | #21
You're right in that the more familiar with the spec the better the APM. It's common sense to that the more buttons you hit the higher your dps will be, what's not is that you need to hit 46+ APM before you'll see competitive parses.

I just did a quick skim through current guides and see no mention, in any, about having higher APM available then other classes and the need to use those high APM to get high DPS. I mentioned/suggest including it as there are several posts about low dps where people explain they are following the rotation/priorities but still having low dps.

Skettitangles
01.02.2015 , 05:34 PM | #22
I'm pretty sure Vulkk has suggested 50apm on a dummy parse as the baseline to aim for in Carnage/Combat discipline in several videos and guides and a low of 35 for ops bosses depending on mechanics required in the encounter

Bahadori
01.05.2015 , 11:51 PM | #23
Hey guys!

So quick update here with the guide. I've made a new video which is just about as indepth as i could make it. I've added in some, if not all, of the suggestions and feedback I've received from you guys and have also updated the text based guide to include this new information. Furthermore, I've added some 'Quick Links' under each section of the text guide which will take you to that specific topic in the video for those who do not have time to watch the entire guide, those who do not wish to, or those who just are looking for a quick refresh or reference to a specific topic. Thanks again for your support and feedback. I've had a pretty positive response to the guide both on the forums and while running around in game. As always if any of you have questions feel free to hit me up here, in game on Hayete, or through Enjin (Link is in the video guide description area). With that said Happy New Year everyone and happy DPSing!

Kurkina
01.06.2015 , 01:07 AM | #24
Link in your signature would be useful

Bahadori
01.06.2015 , 06:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurkina View Post
Link in your signature would be useful
Done and Done

Sarafain
01.06.2015 , 12:50 PM | #26
Should VT/Dispatch be used on CD during the execute/sub 30% phase provided you have enough Rage to complete the next Gore/PS window?

In your guide you mention there is increased use of Dispatch/VT and I assume the above is correct but looking for confirmation.

g_mK
01.06.2015 , 06:58 PM | #27
Here is a Video of me parsing, it should help others on how to MS every other PS window
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha

Bahadori
01.06.2015 , 10:42 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarafain View Post
Should VT/Dispatch be used on CD during the execute/sub 30% phase provided you have enough Rage to complete the next Gore/PS window?

In your guide you mention there is increased use of Dispatch/VT and I assume the above is correct but looking for confirmation.
If i'm understanding your question correctly then yes you will always use Dispatch/VT (within priority guidelines) when it is available under 30% on a target with or without its proc as long as you can maintain Focus/Rage which with some experience should not be an issue in Combat/Carnage. Reason being the proc does nothing for you damage wise. It does not 'buff' the attack just makes it usable above 30%. So you'll always want to pop it when it is available. You may even get lucky and hit it and have it proc immediately after I always seem to get a grin on my face when that happens and somehow still manage to feel bad for my opponent LOL. Thank you for the question! Keep them coming guys its the only way we grow and get better

Bahadori
01.06.2015 , 10:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by g_mK View Post
Here is a Video of me parsing, it should help others on how to MS every other PS window
Well done mate! Would have loved to see what the actual numbers on that fight were being you did that in less than 4 minutes. Thanks for the video and again nice job, very well executed parse!

g_mK
01.07.2015 , 09:45 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahadori View Post
Well done mate! Would have loved to see what the actual numbers on that fight were being you did that in less than 4 minutes. Thanks for the video and again nice job, very well executed parse!
Final dps was 4359 though I had low crits on MS 30/20/10% on MH hits and 13.3% on Dispatch. I think a 4.4K is possible.
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha