Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood up armor?

Talynsin
12.24.2011 , 07:28 AM | #21
Is it just an epic oversight by BW or deliberate plan to make our class suffer till endgame to get anything remotely "cool looking"?

If it's endgame then I have no interest in it - What's the point in looking awesome when everything is already done!?

Mjolniir
12.24.2011 , 09:34 AM | #22
Well, if this is the case, that really blows. What is the point of a game like this that goes into how cool you can be with a great story line and everything if you do not get the very cool appearance with it?

I was kinda hoping that there is something that I have just not been lucky to get as yet, but if there is nothing out there, that just take away half of my fun.

Also, what's the deal with no medium armor on the dark side vendor? If this is some sick joke, I'm not laughing. In fact, I'm downright pissed!
::Loyalty above all else, except honor ::

Mordresh
12.24.2011 , 09:44 AM | #23
I thought this was a bug since,

Spoiler

But then I saw the level 40 PvP armour actually does show its hood up with a helmet so I'm confused, is it a bug or intentional?

Phalynn
12.24.2011 , 10:03 AM | #24
yeah Marauder gear is bad....I'm using IA modable gear with Marauder mods in it because I completely LOATHE the look of the Maruader gear.

Kricys
12.24.2011 , 10:08 AM | #25
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway

BlueCrimson
12.24.2011 , 11:04 AM | #26
That look will only apply for lvl 50.

Republic side has tons of hooded up medium armor for their sentinel.

Talynsin
12.24.2011 , 12:52 PM | #27
Yeah the pvp gear looks awesome and I congratulate anyone that can acquire it. Unfortunately, it's similar in appearance to heavy vendor armour, which is just a kick in the gonads.

Kibaken
12.24.2011 , 02:33 PM | #28
Well I come bearing news, and I'm afraid it's quite grim.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with how the mod system was in beta and the changes it went through the last couple builds.

It started off that all of the prototype (blue) and artifact (purple) gear was fully moddable. If you found a nice blue cloak - with a hood, of course - you could get a raid drop, extract the mods and pop them in that cloak and voila, raid gear.

This is no longer the case, and I have extreme doubts that it will be the case in the foreseeable future:

1) It is no longer possible to extract the hilts/barrels/armoring from Raid gear, meaning that unless there are dropped schematics to make said hilts/barrels/armoring custom gear will come nowhere near raid drops in terms of min-max damage or armor count.

2) Raid/PvP sets have bonuses. Apparently the tool-tips are bugged in the vendors, however upon inspection of players with said loot I can confirm that there are, indeed, set bonuses.

2.5) One large caveat, if my memory serves me right, is that I remember reading the set bonus was for 5 pieces. If they include bracers, implants, the earpiece and even relics in the set bonus it may be possible to have custom gear be viable, but only if my first point is brought into fruition.

3) Set bonuses are not tied to the gear, but the armoring mod. For instance, you need 5 pieces of custom gear each with the "Armoring of the Vicious Sith" (my naming is amazing, I know) in order to get the bonus. The armoring is not extractable, though, so the schematic would need to drop from a boss.

Keep any items you like and push for more hoods for us Marauders (our Sentinal cousin has too many, apparently, which is sad) and hope they allow for custom gear to be viable so we all don't look like Shredder in end-game.

I probably speak for many when I say we want plain, black robes with some sort of armoring underneath, not the outfit of a death-metal band.
The Aurion Legacy

Jonesec
12.24.2011 , 03:22 PM | #29
Yea my guy has some red helmet that at first I thought was a gimp mask and then i'm rocking an underarmour shirt and a skirt. I feel like a pervert.

Kricys
12.24.2011 , 03:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kibaken View Post
I probably speak for many when I say we want plain, black robes with some sort of armoring underneath, not the outfit of a death-metal band.
Sooo every single force using class would look identical... Not gonna happen.
Let me save you some pain, don't go looking at your raid gear.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway