Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guide: Sentinel Combat/Focus PvP Min/Max for 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Guide: Sentinel Combat/Focus PvP Min/Max for 2.0

Dawginole's Avatar


Dawginole
05.07.2013 , 02:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
Good guide, very sound! Couple comments:

Partisan Challenger's Leggings are +accuracy, +power tertiary stats. Partisan Weaponmaster's are +accuracy, +critical tertiary stats if I'm not mistaken. I checked this on torhead and askmrrobot but am at work so cannot check in game. I believe it's a similar story with the gloves - but not sure.

From what I could tell Weaponmaster's set has more of an even distribution of all tertiary stats while Challenger's weights towards Power and Surge in general.


I'm taking a similar approach, str>end>power>surge

What i've gone with is:

Weaponmaster helm
Weaponmaster boots
Challenger chest
Challenger gloves
Challenger leggings
Challenger belt
Challenger bracers
Challenger Earpiece Mk-1
Vindicator implant Mk-1/2 (accuracy as needed)
Relics
Weapons
Thanks for the post!
I'll have to reassess the Challenger gear to see if any of them have the Initiative enhancement and I missed it or if they have some power on them versus crit on the weaponmaster that would be better temporary enhancements before min/maxing.
I'm pretty slammed with work/gradschool stuff being finals week, but next time I can get on I'll check it out!
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

K_osss's Avatar


K_osss
05.07.2013 , 10:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Thanks for the post!
I'll have to reassess the Challenger gear to see if any of them have the Initiative enhancement and I missed it or if they have some power on them versus crit on the weaponmaster that would be better temporary enhancements before min/maxing.
I'm pretty slammed with work/gradschool stuff being finals week, but next time I can get on I'll check it out!
Legs and head have initiative enhancement I believe. Belt and bracers have power instead of crit. I run Focus Sentinel so lean more toward power over crit when given the choice. Most of my comparison has been between weaponmaster, vindicator, and challenger stats. I'm not a true min/maxer though because I take a more moderate approach and keep a healthy dose of Endurance for survivability. I don't run many warzones with pocket heals so i need the beef.

angelserra's Avatar


angelserra
05.07.2013 , 07:38 PM | #13
thanks for the guide this is what i been looking for people willing to work this out its quite confusing imo

Deafside's Avatar


Deafside
05.08.2013 , 10:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Min/Maxed Partisan Sentinel:

STR 1044
END 1249
EXP 1350 (unbolstered out of warzones)
PWR 816
ACC 120
SRG 300

Unmodified Conqueror Sentinel :

STR 1088
END 1096
EXP 1200 (unbolstered out of warzones)
PWR 132
ACC 128
SRG 256
CRT 314
Where the hell did you get that Expertise number from??? You will have 2018Exp in either sets of gear given that they have identical Exp(Part/Conq).

iheartnyc's Avatar


iheartnyc
05.08.2013 , 07:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Deafside View Post
Where the hell did you get that Expertise number from??? You will have 2018Exp in either sets of gear given that they have identical Exp(Part/Conq).
Yeah I didn't want to criticize this guy because he took the time to make this thread, but it is seriously flawed, and I don't think he even ran any theorycrafting on his numbers/checked his parses. I'm actually hoping people listen to him and do weird stuff with their sentinels so they continue to suck and we get less QQ threads about smash.

This guide is pretty good for someone who is absolutely clueless and just wants to gear up and generally be on the right track.

angelserra's Avatar


angelserra
05.08.2013 , 07:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Yeah I didn't want to criticize this guy because he took the time to make this thread, but it is seriously flawed, and I don't think he even ran any theorycrafting on his numbers/checked his parses. I'm actually hoping people listen to him and do weird stuff with their sentinels so they continue to suck and we get less QQ threads about smash.

This guide is pretty good for someone who is absolutely clueless and just wants to gear up and generally be on the right track.
post the details then

Kestero's Avatar


Kestero
05.10.2013 , 02:02 AM | #17
Very much appreciate the guide. However, I learned one thing the hard way though, DO NOT MIX PVE and PVP mods like is suggested for bracers and belt, bolster can't handle that and your expertise in WZ will drop by 500-600. There is a warning from the devs on this somewhere her on the forums.

iheartnyc's Avatar


iheartnyc
05.10.2013 , 02:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by angelserra View Post
post the details then
You're recommending mixing PVE and PVP gear for instance.

You make no distinction between Combat and Focus build. You say power all the way, but what about crit? What about accuracy? And why one over the other?

When should you choose strength over power?

Have you done any theorycrafting or is this guide just based on what sounds right?

For instance, what's the damage boost you'd get from stacking full power to full strength augments? What's the number for Focus vs. Combat in this scenario?

Dawginole's Avatar


Dawginole
05.11.2013 , 02:22 PM | #19
OP updated to reflect the correct Challenger pieces to purchase to reduce the number of enhancements needed down to 1 in the min/maxing stage.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Dawginole's Avatar


Dawginole
05.11.2013 , 02:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Deafside View Post
Where the hell did you get that Expertise number from??? You will have 2018Exp in either sets of gear given that they have identical Exp(Part/Conq).
I got it from the place where I stated under those numbers that they did not include stats for relics, ear/implants, or bolster. They are strictly the raw expertise from your seven main pieces of gear and both weapons. I mean I said this right underneath the numbers to explain why they were so low in comparison to what you would see in a wz. I mean right underneath...
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.