Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sentinel PvP

Rankith
12.20.2011 , 09:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Janglor View Post
Very well put together, thank you, what level do we get force stasis at?
Force Stasis is 24

Erudain
12.21.2011 , 01:16 PM | #22
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrRMcGzZGhb.1

Couple questions on that build.
First...true...clarification on how accuracy works in pvp would be great to not spend those 3 points in steadfast (I don't have them in my sent and I almost never get parried).

Second, u really think taking Jedi Crusader to unlock the next tier is better than taking defensive forms?

And finally no force fade? always thougth the 100% dmg avoid to be quite nice as a escape option or to reposition yourself and avoid getting force waved or any other aoe push

Rankith
12.21.2011 , 03:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Erudain View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrRMcGzZGhb.1

Couple questions on that build.
First...true...clarification on how accuracy works in pvp would be great to not spend those 3 points in steadfast (I don't have them in my sent and I almost never get parried).

Second, u really think taking Jedi Crusader to unlock the next tier is better than taking defensive forms?

And finally no force fade? always thougth the 100% dmg avoid to be quite nice as a escape option or to reposition yourself and avoid getting force waved or any other aoe push
Good questions, really wish we had a combat log ><.

I take Jedi Crusader over defensive forms because I tend to have rebuke up during every fight. 1 extra focus every 3 seconds is supremely helpful for how focus starved watchman is. 4% internal/elemental damage reduction is definately not as useful in fullfilling our role as having extra focus through the course of a fight.

You drop target when you force fade, and im not particularly afraid of aoe killing me off. I also use it as a gap closer or to simply buy breathing room more than as a true survival tool. Regarding not getting KB, I don't believe the 100% damage reduction prevents KBs, you just won't get hurt. If it DOES prevent KB, than that would actually be fairly useful as you could use it in anticipation of KB to nullify their CD. However, I'm thinking it won't immune a KB, though I have never particularly tried it.

Naroga
12.21.2011 , 03:46 PM | #24
Good post.

Rankith
12.22.2011 , 06:32 PM | #25
Tested debilitation skill, it seems to be working now! I revised the combat spec section.

Also added a section on using focus frame

tk-fourtwentyone
12.22.2011 , 06:56 PM | #26
Great general guide.

For Combat spec:

About half the time its safe to omit zealous slash from the rotation as you will likely have quite a bit of focus. You may find yourself pushing it way back in the rotation - giving priority to harder hitting strikes.

For higher level combat rotations, you will want to stick in a blade rush prior to any blade storm and probably use slash less.

If you have not spec'ed for the 15% increase in crit for slash you can pretty much replace slash with blade rush.

Ghingis
12.23.2011 , 09:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by tk-fourtwentyone View Post
Great general guide.

For Combat spec:

About half the time its safe to omit zealous slash from the rotation as you will likely have quite a bit of focus. You may find yourself pushing it way back in the rotation - giving priority to harder hitting strikes.

For higher level combat rotations, you will want to stick in a blade rush prior to any blade storm and probably use slash less.

If you have not spec'ed for the 15% increase in crit for slash you can pretty much replace slash with blade rush.
You take Slash of your bars if you are level 40+ and combat.

StyxzieWaterz
12.23.2011 , 10:42 AM | #28
Wow nice job man!

Would report for sticky if I knew how!
"The skill level of most people in SWTOR is low, and thus more pvp takes place on the forums with people claiming "Mara's cant be kited" instead of doing the PvP itself and becoming better." - Inhibition

sigsig
12.23.2011 , 03:53 PM | #29
What about gear? Does gear matter? PVP gear?

RamzaBehoulve
12.24.2011 , 07:35 AM | #30
Bump for great justice.