Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sentinel PvP

Ghingis
12.20.2011 , 03:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankith View Post
Without the root working for master strike I find it mostly useless. It also doesnt build centering or do as much damage as a strike+cauterize/merc slash.

The rotations listed were mostly about what you should be striving for and its fairly easy to remove that force leap in. Ill edit that in later though as its important to really stress that fact.
When I used it in conjunction with Precision Slash in last night BG's I got total damage on it for around 5k~ with a given few crits. You have to think about the fact that it actually does not cost any Focus either, so after its done you can still keep bursting, thats what I love about it. But obviously they have to fix the Debilitation talent before its really great.

Lets say you go onto a target:

Zealous strike, then instantly Precision Slash + Master Strike, when this is done you most probably have an Ataru procc, which means you instantly crit them afterwards for a ton of damage with Bladestorm, after this you almost have your Zealous strike off CD again.

I think its going to be a really vital PvP ability because of the amount of damage it produces.

Guibs
12.20.2011 , 09:45 AM | #12
How about the focus tree. Is it viable in PVP ? I see you never mentionned it.

RedThanix
12.20.2011 , 10:59 AM | #13
You can remove Leg Sweep from the Watchman rotation for early movement impairment. Cauterize has an attached 30% slow when talented early on in the Watchman tree.

From the perspective of a Watchman, Master Strike has limited utility, but it does have utility, and there are situations where you will want to use it. Typically, however, you want to use a Strike & Slash combo (or Merciless Slash) because of the 33% (66% on Merciless) to reset Cauterize, providing more DoT and better control via the slow.

Rankith
12.20.2011 , 12:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RedThanix View Post
You can remove Leg Sweep from the Watchman rotation for early movement impairment. Cauterize has an attached 30% slow when talented early on in the Watchman tree.

From the perspective of a Watchman, Master Strike has limited utility, but it does have utility, and there are situations where you will want to use it. Typically, however, you want to use a Strike & Slash combo (or Merciless Slash) because of the 33% (66% on Merciless) to reset Cauterize, providing more DoT and better control via the slow.
I cover that, I simply don't find the 30% slow to be enough, if you get slowed its typically going to be more than 30% at which point you are losing ground.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ghingis View Post
When I used it in conjunction with Precision Slash in last night BG's I got total damage on it for around 5k~ with a given few crits. You have to think about the fact that it actually does not cost any Focus either, so after its done you can still keep bursting, thats what I love about it. But obviously they have to fix the Debilitation talent before its really great.

Lets say you go onto a target:

Zealous strike, then instantly Precision Slash + Master Strike, when this is done you most probably have an Ataru procc, which means you instantly crit them afterwards for a ton of damage with Bladestorm, after this you almost have your Zealous strike off CD again.

I think its going to be a really vital PvP ability because of the amount of damage it produces.
Definately applicable here, and when you need more damage on a target but only have 1 focus. I just very rarely use it, that will of course change if I'm combat and Debilitation starts to work.

Quote: Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
How about the focus tree. Is it viable in PVP ? I see you never mentionned it.
I have only played focus a little bit, and its really more of a utility tree as opposed to damage, and the utility is fairly meh to boot as other classes cover that role so much better in group PvP.

That said, its still a completely valid way to go, I just haven't spent enough time with it to feel confident telling others how to play it :P.

taroswarosky
12.20.2011 , 02:59 PM | #15
good !

Quote:
Go cybertech! They 4s incapacitate re-usable grenades help fill in one of the failings of the class which is a lack of any true CC.
edit - can we use grenades if we dont have the crafting skill?

Rankith
12.20.2011 , 03:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by taroswarosky View Post
good !

edit - can we use grenades if we dont have the crafting skill?
Yes. Just not the re-usable ones.

Derian
12.20.2011 , 03:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankith View Post
Makes master strike root for duration. Currently not working (as of 3 days ago for me.).
That sucks it worked in Beta. I agree with the other poster though Master Strike has uses. Peeling people off, using on people in cover, using on stunned people. It has it's uses it'd be silly not to hotbar it.
Synion
Shards of Alderaan/Republic Justice

Jedi Sentinel-Watchman
Jedi Conqueror

Rankith
12.20.2011 , 03:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Derian View Post
That sucks it worked in Beta. I agree with the other poster though Master Strike has uses. Peeling people off, using on people in cover, using on stunned people. It has it's uses it'd be silly not to hotbar it.
I actually ammended the sucking statement in my OP :P. I definately agree its great if that skill works.

Also, I'm going to test Debilitation again later tonight when I get home since there have been several small downloads in recent days.

Frey
12.20.2011 , 03:49 PM | #19
nicely done! making me want to try out the watchman tree from combat.

Janglor
12.20.2011 , 07:42 PM | #20
Very well put together, thank you, what level do we get force stasis at?