Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Sentinel A Primer

Sakkib
06.03.2012 , 04:38 PM | #251
It would be great if this was updated for 1.2 . . .

axelsora
06.23.2012 , 07:01 AM | #252
can any1 give me some decent lv 20 jedi sentinel armor locations please

Izzywizzz
09.14.2012 , 11:11 AM | #253
I found this guide invaluable whilst reading though, epically since I'm completely cluesless to my Owen Jedi sentinal class. Now at least I know what's going on. But can the advice given still be used for the current 1.3 ?

Aluvi
09.14.2012 , 01:03 PM | #254
There are a couple of things that are outdated, but in general it's a good guide. They did nerf the "infinite run speed" in Rage (Focus) spec though. There are some other little things that have changed as well, most notably the rage tree in general.. and it's getting changed again.
Aluvien Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands

Zoltanxerxses
06.06.2013 , 02:44 AM | #255
hi
i use this rotation lately: force leap-overload saber - master strike - zealeus strike - cauterize - mercilass slass - slash

any advice is it good coz im a kind of lost in putting together for my character PVE

Ardarell_Solo
06.06.2013 , 04:03 AM | #256
Better open with:

- Valorous Call (if available)
- Force Leap + (in midair) Overload Saber + Rebuke
- Zealous Strike
- Cauterize
(insert Zen/Inspiration/Adrenal/Clicky Relic)
- Merciless Slash
- Master Strike

After that there is no strict rotation, but you chose your next abilty in the following order of priority:

- Inspiration (as called out by your raidlead) / Zen
- Merciless Slash (try to build and KEEP 4 Stacks of the Merciless buff that reduces cooldown on merciless slash)
- Dispatch (if target is below 30% health)
- Overload Saber (you can use it together with Force Leap as they have the same cooldown and will therefore always be available together. Leap gives you 3 Focus, Overload costs 3 Focus, so it's perfect)
- Cauterize (reapply every 4 global cooldowns)
- Master Strike
- Twin Saber Throw (watch it, you might pull mobs you shouldn't with that one. It does good damage, though - and it's free!)
- Slash (it might reset the cooldown on Cauterize and it refunds 1 focus)

If you're below 7 focus, build focus in this priority:
- Zealous Strike
- Force Leap
- Strike
(Never use Force Stasis to build focus, it's inferior to Strike. In general never use it on bosses, just on nasty trash that needs some control)

That's single target, on AoE you do:
Force Leap + Overload Saber + position yourself to face as many mobs in front of you as possible
Twin Saber Throw
Cyclone Slash til out of focus
Zealous Strike
Force Sweep
<- You still suck at AoE, though ^^

In general:

- Use Rebuke on cooldown.
- Use Force Camouflage regularly, especially after your opener on a boss pull
- If you're in trouble: Saber Ward
- If you're in big trouble, i.e. low on health: Guarded by the force, then medpack. Try to get overload saber and Cauterize on the target + Zen to activate your self heal.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Anitora
06.17.2013 , 06:13 PM | #257
OMG Thank you, what an epic thread! I haven't read it yet but it just got bookmarked so I can absorb all the info I can. Thanks again.

P.S. Is this whole guide still up to date with the current changes and patches?

Ardarell_Solo
06.18.2013 , 03:36 AM | #258
The rotation/priority I posted is post 2.0.

I'm running this build: http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

<- and adjust it, if I e.g. need more survivabilty (e.g. swap Insight for Defensive roll)

As far as gearing goes: Common sense is power all the way, 99,5% accuracy and as close to 75% surge you can get.

I prefer playing with 100% accuracy, though, and about 100 crit points to make use of the talent "Burning Focus". That's also why I use strength augments, not power augments. The difference between the two augment types is so minimal though, you can use whichever are easier to get.

Parse with that: http://www.torparse.com/a/282191
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Bairon_Valontis
10.08.2013 , 03:54 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Anitora View Post
OMG Thank you, what an epic thread! I haven't read it yet but it just got bookmarked so I can absorb all the info I can. Thanks again.

P.S. Is this whole guide still up to date with the current changes and patches?
Check out www.noxxic.com:)
Jedi sentinel/LV55/Black & Blue lightsaber/ Valiant Jedi Armor/Combat
minded//