Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Augments

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KendraP
10.01.2020 , 07:04 PM | #381
If these are being added thanks to some "feedback" given by "more important people" who have made a dev sponsored cabal in discord, I say add that to the laundry list of reasons they're stupid.

And, by the way, a dev sponsored cabal is equally stupid if it actually exists. Add that to the list of reasons BW has to prove it values my continued support before my game time expires.

ceryxp
10.01.2020 , 07:08 PM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I just wish they had an official discord and didnít rely on private ones run by over zealous personalities who get to decide whose welcome and whose not.
Yeah, that is why I almost never say anything in there. I look at the dev posts, I look at the theorycrafted stuff like BIS set bonuses and tactical items, and that is pretty much it. Even if I do say something, I never get involved in the general banter, or outright squabbles, that goes on in there. Funny that there is actually a lot of stuff that goes on that breaks the rules that is overlooked because it is done by people who "contribute in other ways." Which means favoritism.

Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
If these are being added thanks to some "feedback" given by "more important people" who have made a dev sponsored cabal in discord, I say add that to the laundry list of reasons they're stupid.

And, by the way, a dev sponsored cabal is equally stupid if it actually exists. Add that to the list of reasons BW has to prove it values my continued support before my game time expires.
Actually, if you went into the Theorycrafters Discord and looked at the posts regarding these augment, at least from what I have seen (I admit that I do not pay that close attention, though), the general consensus is to ignore them. No one in there asked for them. Well, I should not say "no one," but there certainly was not, and has not been, a number of people in there asking for these to be added. These augments did not come out of some request from the people in the Theorycrafters Discord.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

Pietrastor
10.02.2020 , 08:00 AM | #383

There's no conspiracy to look for. What's been happening is just obvious - whatever happens in SWTOR is what Keith's guild wants. NiM Gods exsits only because his guild wanted it. Same with these new augments. Same with as-little-as-possible new story and when some story update actually gets released (once a year and takes 2 hours max) it's as boring-and-simpleton-rehash story as one could possibly imagine.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

ceryxp
10.02.2020 , 09:15 AM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
There's no conspiracy to look for. What's been happening is just obvious - whatever happens in SWTOR is what Keith's guild wants. NiM Gods exsits only because his guild wanted it. Same with these new augments. Same with as-little-as-possible new story and when some story update actually gets released (once a year and takes 2 hours max) it's as boring-and-simpleton-rehash story as one could possibly imagine.
Right, because that explains why we have been getting so many operations lately.
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

FlameYOL
10.02.2020 , 09:17 AM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Right, because that explains why we have been getting so many operations lately.
It makes sense if you don't think about it
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Pietrastor
10.02.2020 , 09:41 AM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
We get as many of them as they can make with skeleton crew. Along with least amount of story EVER. Pandemic or not.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

KendraP
10.02.2020 , 10:01 AM | #387
I mean, I would enjoy a new operation that was easy to pug in story mode and completable within say an hour. The new operations (gods and dxun) do me absolutely no good (and yes, I've done both in sm and hm, never had a mm team and the days where I wanted to are long gone) because I have better things to do with my time than beat my head against pugs that can't figure out to not blow themselves up in the ec minefield or enrage the annihilation Droid in ev sm.

But you see, I can work around those issues most of the time. But I can't work around the stupidity of the average swtor player in say dxun or gods, and gods is additionally incredibly time demanding.

But ultimately, I would rather them do nothing than release new gear that either no one wants, or some feedback group in a better people's discord cabal wants.

lukeisjedi
10.02.2020 , 11:11 AM | #388
We get as many of them as they can make with skeleton crew. Along with least amount of story EVER. Pandemic or not.
You do realize we are getting two story updates soon right?

JediMasterAlex
10.02.2020 , 11:30 AM | #389
But ultimately, I would rather them do nothing than release new gear that either no one wants, or some feedback group in a better people's discord cabal wants.
Like Ceryxp said, I never saw anyone request new augments, and hardly anyone has made posts in support of the new augments on the theorycrafter discord. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

ceryxp
10.02.2020 , 12:31 PM | #390
That also means we get as much story content as they can make on a skeleton crew.

Logic, the most cruel of Mistresses, you have struck again.