Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Gearing Efficiency, 258's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Tank Gearing Efficiency, 258's

RikuvonDrake
06.04.2019 , 01:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jethsidi View Post
Somewhat addressing this in the re-write. In my zeal of making the OP, I went with top-level possible as far as what is coded into the game. The alternate Enhancements *exist*, but how to acquire them wasn't something for which I accounted.

Next version will have multiple sets displayed as well as taking into account what can actually be crafted outside of what you acquire from the gear vendors.
So, you made gearing recommendations using item modifications that players are unable to acquire ingame?

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Jethsidi
06.04.2019 , 07:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
So, you made gearing recommendations using item modifications that players are unable to acquire ingame?
258's are craftable. It's just not really that feasible. There is a difference. Re-write just went up that has 246 BiS recommendations with 258 alt-schematic goals mentioned.
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

alexzk
06.04.2019 , 08:14 PM | #13
As for Shadow tank I preffer more shield, like 65% when all up, like 45% around absorb and 2 items moved to crit rate (with tank augs though + both weap crys are crits, so ...nobody can take aggro from me even some another tanks. I use taunts as last resort/urgent/mechanics).As for for stims, crit rate, whic also boosts my high accuracy = lowered force resistance for my stones. At some locations I have 4% guild mastery boost - there better works mastery stim. Didn't use endurance since being 230.

Why ? Because shield rate is counter to critical rate even in PVP now. So more you have of RATE less crits you get.

As result - can fight 3 dps and kill 1-2 in pvp. Can solo FP/MMs even with enraged bosses. Things like world mobs ...not even notice it.

Can say nothing about NM ops ...you know, when got all 258 - nothing to do there
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

phalczen
06.04.2019 , 10:42 PM | #14
So, assuming:
1) someone is pretty much unable to acquire enough Masterwork Data Crystals to get a 258 dps set
2) someone has no MM-raiding friends or crafting resources to even attempt the RE process to get a lethal 258 B mod

Your recommendation would be to exchange the 258 Warding unlettered mods for 246 Advanced Lethal 54B mods or 248 Lethal 52B mods (which can drop in command crates, although rarely) as available?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Jethsidi
06.04.2019 , 10:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
So, assuming:
1) someone is pretty much unable to acquire enough Masterwork Data Crystals to get a 258 dps set
2) someone has no MM-raiding friends or crafting resources to even attempt the RE process to get a lethal 258 B mod

Your recommendation would be to exchange the 258 Warding unlettered mods for 246 Advanced Lethal 54B mods or 248 Lethal 52B mods (which can drop in command crates, although rarely) as available?
Yes. 100%. Even the craftable/buyable 246 Enhancements give you enough Defense that you don't need Warding Mods at all from then on. You want B Mods for the Endurance, and since the sole alternative to Warding B is Lethal B, you get Lethal B.

alexzk
06.05.2019 , 06:20 AM | #16
Yes. 100%. Even the craftable/buyable 246 Enhancements give you enough Defense that you don't need Warding Mods at all from then on. You want B Mods for the Endurance, and since the sole alternative to Warding B is Lethal B, you get Lethal B.
Not sure ..endurance is a lie. Does not help too much. Maybe for jugs it could, which has skills %% of total.

Well, actually ... just rechecked. Dps items with crit rate have more endu than tank's once (relict & package), maybe that helps too ...but difference like 15 per item...
Agreed, defence can be moved out, once u hit soft cap, i.e. u lose less defence then get any other stat measured in %%% showed by client.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

Jethsidi
06.05.2019 , 08:18 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
Not sure ..endurance is a lie. Does not help too much. Maybe for jugs it could, which has skills %% of total.

Well, actually ... just rechecked. Dps items with crit rate have more endu than tank's once (relict & package), maybe that helps too ...but difference like 15 per item...
Agreed, defence can be moved out, once u hit soft cap, i.e. u lose less defence then get any other stat measured in %%% showed by client.
Relics yes, you want the DPS Relics. As I show, swapping the Relics gives you roughly +6500 Health, which is worth it. Ear/Implant no, you need the Shield/Absorb those provide so you have to bite the overall Defense that comes with them. With just the Ear/Implants + Enhancements though, your FIRST Augment would give you only +0.43% Defense, compared to the LAST Shield/Absorb Augment that gives you +0.9-0.92%. Meaning your baseline Defense before any Augments or Mods is well beyond "soft cap". This is why all of your Augments should be in Shield/Absorb and all of your Mods should be the Lethal B's.

RikuvonDrake
06.05.2019 , 08:58 AM | #18
258's are craftable. It's just not really that feasible. There is a difference. Re-write just went up that has 246 BiS recommendations with 258 alt-schematic goals mentioned.
Sorry, it seems you don't understand, I am asking how you are able to learn the schematic for the Bastion, Bulwark, Steadfast and Vigilant Enhancements to craft them, to my knowledge none of the raiding groups has been able to acquire this schematic so if you know it would be very helpful

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

dipstik
06.10.2019 , 02:35 PM | #19
there is info for 5.0 that goblin lacky did for tanks https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112 :

All I did was attempt to implement the known calculations for Tanks from KeyBoardNinja and Dipstik and credit should go to them.
(Also If you really care about Mitigation, you shouldn’t be listening to be and instead go look at their work)

[DtPS] = [Mitigation] x ( [Premittigation DtPS] x [Reduce Incoming Damage] - [Absorb Shield Per Second] )

Note: Mitigation is run once with relic, once without and the result is the relic uptime weighted average between the two.

[Mitigation]
= [MRKE %] x ( 1 - [M/R Debuff] ) x (1 - ( [Defense Chance] - [Basic Attack %] x 0.1 - [Debuff Accuracy] ) ) x (1 - [Shield Chance] x [Absorb %] ) x ( 1 - [Damage Reduction] )
+ [FTKE %] x (1 - [Debuff Force/Tech] ) x ( 1 - [Resist] ) x (1 - [Shield Chance] x [Absorb %] ) x ( 1 - [Damage Reduction] )
+ [FTIE %] x ( 1 - [Debuff Force/Tech] ) x ( 1 - [Resist] ) x ( 1 - [Internal Damage Reduction] )

[Absorb %] is calculated based on [Shield], [Defense], [Ability activation rate] and the bosses damage profile. This is calculated each time to find the Dark Ward | Kinetic Ward absorb contribution and for the Heat Blast | Energy Blast contribution. See here for the code I am using for Dark Ward | Kinetic Ward.

Currently Juggernauts have an artificially higher mitigation because I assume that their absorb sheilds generated from Force Scream don’t overwrite better shields and are used up on cooldown. This lower premittigation dtps makes the absorb shield look better than it actually is (flat value vs percentage).

Tank Relic Ranking: (based on Mitigation)
Reactive Warding
Shrouded Crusader
Shield Amplification
Fortunate Redoubt
Serendipitous Assault (*used for Health, can also use crafted relics)

KBN Stats: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=804989
Dipstik Stats: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=842859

your work here does not calculate mitigation at all, which is what you have to maximize to find optimal loadout

defense d, absorb a, shield s, (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779094)
fraction m/r+k/e kw (w for weapon), fraction f/tr+k/e kf, fraction m/r i/e ew, fraction f/t +i/e ef,
fraction named fn, fraction bland fb,
damage reduction of k/e dr_k, damage reduction of i/e dr_e, damage reduction of m/r dr_w, damage reduction of f/t dr_f, overall damage reduction dr
rdd is dynamic relic buff to defense rating, rda is dynamic relic buff to absorb rating, rds is dynamic relic buff to shield rating. rsd is static relic buff to defense
parentheses without a * means a function of. like f(x,a,b)=a*x+b

kw_squish(d,s,a)= (0*d+[(1-d)*(1-s)+(1-d)*s*(1-a)]*(1-(dr_k+dr_w+dr)))
ew_squish(d,s,a)=(0*d+[(1-d)*(1-s)+(1-d)*s*(1-a)]*(1-(dr_e+dr_w+dr)))
kf_squish(d,s,a)=(0*r+[(1-r)*(1-s)+(1-r)*s*(1-a)]*(1-(dr_f+dr_k+dr)))
ef_squish(d,s,a)=(0*r+(1-r)*(1-(dr_e+dr_f+dr)))

squish(d,s,a)= kw*(fn*kw_squish(d)+fb*kw_squish(d+0.1)) + ew*ew_squish + kf*kf_squish + ef*ef_squish
def_relic_squish=6/22*squish(d+rdd+rsd,s,a) + ((22-6)/22)*squish(d+rsd,s,a)
two relics: 6/22*6/22*both_on+6/22*16/22*one_on+6/22*16/22*other_on+16/22*16/22*both_off
similar for other relics.

Jethsidi
06.10.2019 , 02:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
your work here does not calculate mitigation at all, which is what you have to maximize to find optimal loadout
Matter of perspective, sent you a message with details Look forward to hearing from you.