Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Gear

alexzk
03.17.2019 , 12:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by vicadin View Post
I don't PVP but I believe the reason Defense doesn't kick in for Internal or Elemental damage is because that would make tanks basically unkillable in PVP? I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, I think the solution could lie in another game of a similar genre. Why have tank gear? Let's just simplify things. Power = Defense when you are in a tank stance. While we are at it, Critical = Shield and Alacrity = Absorb. That way you can have one set of gear and only have to possibly swap out one or two pieces.
And then nobody will play tanks. Just because it will do zero dmg in solo content, like dailies. Or in pvp. Currently I keep shield rate and swap absorb/defence to crit rate when I need some damage to do.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

nyrkverse
03.17.2019 , 01:20 AM | #12
using the provided gear at 258 gives you what, over 4k defense? that's a ridiculous amount of wasted stat, of course people are using dps mods in pve as well.

if 6.0 really takes away our ability to modify gear (current slot-locked mods and enhancements seem to hint at that), they better do *something* to make all that defense worthwhile or give tanks power mods altogether.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

vicadin
03.17.2019 , 12:17 PM | #13
Anyone else remember in 1.0 when you could just buy the mods and enhancements you wanted? You want a mod with more endurance? Buy the B version mod. You want High Endurance, with Power and Shield on your enhancement? Buy the Advanced Erudition Enhancement!!! Gearing used to be a little more fun back then. However, the math was a little more complicated to get the "Optimal Stats".

Some links to that old 1.0 stuff...

Advanced Erudition Enhancement 25
OR
Advanced Reflective Enhancement 25

Toraak
04.08.2019 , 11:15 AM | #14
are the 246 bulwark, and bastion enhancements still considered superior for the extra HP's as well or are the 258 High mitigation enhancements better now?
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P