What would you like in Star Wars: Rebels?

Not if it's on Disney :(

I hate to be the moodkill here, but disney isnt dark. As much as we want it to be, that channel is first, and foremost, a childrens channel. Some decent shows, but with the way Disney is going, not many more on the way.

Disney isn't dark? It has had its dark moments....oh, you mean today. :p Well...then dunno, though they have shown some dark movies at times.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney isn't dark? It has had its dark moments....oh, you mean today. :p Well...then dunno, though they have shown some dark movies at times.

Disney Movies and Disney Channel are two very different things :(

Disney channel shows very kiddy shows, teaching about the value of friendship and the coolness of monster trucks >.>

Not the good old channel it used to be, i remember sitting with my Niece watching Disney channel shows like "Thats So Raven" and actually finding it quite funny.

Not anymore....

Not anymore :(

Not if it's on Disney :(

I hate to be the moodkill here, but disney isnt dark. As much as we want it to be, that channel is first, and foremost, a childrens channel. Some decent shows, but with the way Disney is going, not many more on the way.

You have a good point. /le sigh :(

Disney Movies and Disney Channel are two very different things :(

Disney channel shows very kiddy shows, teaching about the value of friendship and the coolness of monster trucks >.>

Not the good old channel it used to be, i remember sitting with my Niece watching Disney channel shows like "Thats So Raven" and actually finding it quite funny.

Not anymore....

Not anymore :(

True I guess, eh...well we will just need to wait until we see the previews for it.

Some of you folks are talking out of your backside. Disney is not all princesses and teddy bears. They also have some very good shows that end up having a lot of humor that flies right over kids' heads and makes parents laugh.

Go look for Tron: Uprising on Disney XD. That series is stories of oppressed beings/programs trying to earn their freedom. It is not a happy-go-lucky show. The good guys lose often. It is a very decent show with a great cast.

Edited by TheBBP

Some of you folks are talking out of your backside. Disney is not all princesses and teddy bears. They also have some very good shows that end up having a lot of humor that flies right over kids' heads and makes parents laugh.

Go look for Tron: Uprising on Disney XD. That series is stories of oppressed beings/programs trying to earn their freedom. It is not a happy-go-lucky show. The good guys lose often. It is a very decent show with a great cast.

DING DING DING!!! I was hoping somebody would bring that up.

Never seen it, but I guess. If they do Rebels right, then I'll be good.

Some new info has been found about the show skewing to a younger audience HERE>

"Not only is the show about the formation of the Rebel Alliance, taking place in the narrative space between Episodes III and IV, the title also riffs on the main characters. I’ve learned that most of them are teenagers. Rebellious teenagers? Well, that’s the reference, at least."

Edited by TheBBP

I believe you or someone else brought this up before, but we are forgetting that the mature themes in TCW aren't designed to 'fly over kids heads' but hit them in the face like everyone else. Do you think Satine's death flew over their heads, the sinister implications behind Sidious' intentions for Maul? Heck, they don't even allow kissing on Disney XD.

I believe you or someone else brought this up before, but we are forgetting that the mature themes in TCW aren't designed to 'fly over kids heads' but hit them in the face like everyone else. Do you think Satine's death flew over their heads, the sinister implications behind Sidious' intentions for Maul? Heck, they don't even allow kissing on Disney XD.

Really? /sigh

I believe you or someone else brought this up before, but we are forgetting that the mature themes in TCW aren't designed to 'fly over kids heads' but hit them in the face like everyone else. Do you think Satine's death flew over their heads, the sinister implications behind Sidious' intentions for Maul?

It doesn't have to go over their heads. Since you are going to ignore the Tron reference, go look at the Marvel block of shows that they run. Guess what? They include evil people doing evil things.

Heck, they don't even allow kissing on Disney XD.

Why do you insist on making things up?

I am sure that you could find more. Those are just the first 3 that I found when I searched "disney xd kiss" in YouTube.

Edited by TheBBP

Why do you insist on making things up?
Is the attitude necessary? We come to these forums for friendly discussion, why can't we be polite to each other rather than shout others down for their ignorance and make snide insinuations? Sheesh. Edited by Beniboybling

Is the attitude necessary? We come to these forums for friendly discussion, why can't we be polite to each other rather than shout others down for their ignorance and make snide insinuations? Sheesh.

What attitude? You attempted to refute something that I said with a lie. Friendly discussion would involve not making things up to try and back up your opinion wouldn't it?

Edited by TheBBP

What attitude? You attempted to refute something that I said with a lie. Friendly discussion would involve not making things up to try and back up your opinion wouldn't it?
There you go again, accusing me of deliberately making things up. I am not, I'm basing my arguments of what I have experienced. You think I'm some sort of Disney hater or something that goes out of there way to undermine them?

Yes, I am not an expert on Disney, and I accept that I was incorrect, but I wasn't fabricating evidence to support my argument I was just misinformed. There is no need to be unpleasant about it.

You could have pointed it out without the attitude could have not? Its as if you have some personal grudge against me.

Edited by Beniboybling

There you go again, accusing me of deliberately making things up. I am not, I'm basing my arguments of what I have experienced. You think I'm some sort of Disney hater or something that goes out of there way to undermine them?

Yes, I am not an expert on Disney, and I accept that I was incorrect, but I wasn't fabricating evidence to support my argument I was just misinformed. There is no need to be unpleasant about it.

You could have pointed it out without the attitude could have not? Its as if you have some personal grudge against me.

What attitude did I have? You clearly appeared to be pulling "facts" out of your rear. I refuted your baseless claims with factual evidence and now you are trying to turn this into a "Me vs You" argument.

If you wish to avoid this sort of thing you should consider not using things that you have no clue about as a basis for your discussion.

What attitude did I have? You clearly appeared to be pulling "facts" out of your rear. I refuted your baseless claims with factual evidence and now you are trying to turn this into a "Me vs You" argument.

If you wish to avoid this sort of thing you should consider not using things that you have no clue about as a basis for your discussion.

Your attitude is thinking that being right is an excuse for being rude. It's not. I would have been happy to admit that I was wrong and my opinion of Disney XD misconceived if you hadn't chosen to snidely imply that I was deliberately fabricating evidence to support my argument. Then this wouldn't be a 'me vs you'.

Again, I can't pretend to be an expert on Disney, but you can't insult a person for assuming that Disney avoids mature themes when you've seen them go out of there way to avoid showing kissing in a particular show. I haven't been rude to you so I don't expect that kind of response, and don't expect me to take kindly to it.

Anyway, its clear you don't plan on changing your attitude any time soon so I'm just going to stop with pointless discussion. I'd thank you for enlightening me on Disney XD but for obvious reasons I'm not going to.

P.S. That said, after doing some research on Tron: Uprising it would seem the show has been cancelled - or at least faces cancellation - after a failed run on Disney XD. And many newsites seem to think this is because of the mature themes involved.

No Force Users, at all and if Vader turns up, massacre should be incoming, make Vader the truly fearsome icon he is.

And if Obsidian Entertainment does that KotOR-style RPG set in the Dark Times, I hope it ties in.

Exactly, Vader.

I think some Jedi will make an appearance though, after all they did talk about 'hunting down the Jedi' or something. Seeing Vader fighting a Jedi outside of the comics, novels and original movies would be awesome.

And I'd love to see that RPG from Obisidian but now that EA has exclusive rights over Star Wars I can't see it happening. Which is a real shame, a real shame indeed. :(

No Force Users, at all and if Vader turns up, massacre should be incoming, make Vader the truly fearsome icon he is.

And if Obsidian Entertainment does that KotOR-style RPG set in the Dark Times, I hope it ties in.

Yes Vader tearing the Rebels a new ******e on screen, is something I would love to see lol. The guy solo'd an entire Rebel base, seeing him do something like that on screen would be awesome!

I would like to see a new Star Wars RPG. By Obsidian, of course.