Making the profit on Dalborra server

Apinyara

Hi, I am a new player here with synthweaver skill at 260.

My problem is that I find it is very difficult for me to make a profit from synthweaving.

At first, I used to make a moderate profit from selling "Critical Acolyte Vestment" , a lv 22 blue gear.

However, when I only sell this item for a while, people suddenly stop buying my hot cake.

So, I change to premium strategy by producing purple grade low level item in hope that

there will be some one willing to buy it.

The result is disappointing so far.

So, I would like to ask the expert crafters and fellow synthweaver to teach or give me

an advice on how to make profit on this since I love to be a jedi who can craft gear for his Kira.:)

Check the GTN for crafted orange synth weaver gear. If there is something missing at a level tier, go look through the synth weaving schematics on the GTN and find the missing wares. Buy the schematic, craft, profit :)

This is pretty much the magic bullet for crafting (anything)......find what is not being crafted, then make it yourself and sell it.

Also, profit is determined by the cost (to you) of the mats being used to make the wares. If you're always buying materials off of the GTN, your profit margin may be considerably less than someone who only uses mats that they have gathered via crew skills missions. THAT person's costs may actually then be more than the crafter who only crafts with mats that they have harvested in the world while questing.......so that needs to be accounted for or factored in.

Another thing with cost and profit is opportunity cost. In a nutshell, this is the determination of whether to use the mats for crafting a wares or to simply sell the raw mats. For example, if it takes 4 xonolite to make something and you can easily sell the xonolite for 2,000 credits each, but you can only sell the crafted item for 5,000 credits ( reliably) then it makes more sense to sell the raw mats instead of the crafted item because there is more OPPORTUNITY for profit there. Make sense?

Enjoy crafting, hope I helped.

P.S.

Don't undercut me :D

Hi, I am a new player here with synthweaver skill at 260.

My problem is that I find it is very difficult for me to make a profit from synthweaving.

At first, I used to make a moderate profit from selling "Critical Acolyte Vestment" , a lv 22 blue gear.

However, when I only sell this item for a while, people suddenly stop buying my hot cake.

So, I change to premium strategy by producing purple grade low level item in hope that

there will be some one willing to buy it.

The result is disappointing so far.

So, I would like to ask the expert crafters and fellow synthweaver to teach or give me

an advice on how to make profit on this since I love to be a jedi who can craft gear for his Kira.:)

Ok giving away my tips here. But as you are on another server to me I will help you out. Go on the trader and look for synthweaving schematics. Don't pay to much these things are always popping up and if you pay more than 10k your wasting money. There will be a huge list. The ones you are looking for are the low levels. People tend to buy these oranges once and upgrade the mods as they level, so the high level oranges don't sell unless they have a unique look someone really wants. Best ones are the belts, boots, gloves and wrists but the schematics can be expensive. The materials will be cheap, even cheaper if you gather yourself. You should triple your money on most items you craft.

Final tip, is to look for gaps in whats available. The biggest one is Headgear. It is diffciult to get one in game for many classes until mid 20's but there are several orange schematics at level 19. Craft and sell them for an easy 10k+ a time for regular money.

Some good tips here, particularly with regard to finding gaps in the market. This really is key. Don't expect to make money selling level 15 str/end chest-pieces if all of the melee classes get one as a quest reward at around that level. Sell the things they don't get. Sell the things that you were wanting to buy at that level. If you can get the schematics, then headgear and augments are good choices.

Also bear in mind the old adage that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. How many credits did you have in your pocket when you were level 15 or level 20? If you price your stock beyond the reach of new players then you are unlikely to sell large volumes. Vets may have the credits, but they may also have the skills.

Keep an eye on the competition - if they don't seem to be turning over their stock then don't just undercut them by a few credits. Lower your prices incrementally until it your stock starts to budge. If it sells too quickly, you're selling too cheap. Find the sweet spot.

Know the value of materials. There are a lot of jokers out there trying to sell materials for hugely inflated prices, even materials that you can get for next to nothing from the crew skills vendors. If you already have the money to blow CR3000 on 10 x Conductive Flux then you don't need any advice from me. But if I know that I can get a certain volume of a specific compound from a 5m/CR500 mission or 10 mins of scavenging, then I'm not going to pay CR12000 for the convenience of buying it off the GTN. Don't feed those sharks by paying their prices, but if you see bargain priced materials on offer then snap them up immediately.

Finally, the APAC servers are not currently overburdened with excessively large populations. This restricts your market but it also limits your competition. Something that sells for thousands on the Harbinger is not necessarily going to sell for the same price on Dalborra.