Where is the vendor for command crate shells?

Drenovade

Be awesome if we could get some feed back on the OPs question from any Biodudes or dudette’s that are reading this thread.

Also wondering if anything has been considered for this suggestion back in February 2020

I would like the shells and set bonuses added back into game as adaptive gear shells that can be worn from lvl 10.

At the moment, you can only wear the gear that drops with the old set bonuses or you buy from Ossus when you get to lvl 70. Which you then take off at 71 to put on adaptive 268 gear, which also only works to lvl 75.

1. Add the old gear and empty shells to a fleet vendor at lvl 10.

2. Make them adaptive

3. Make 270-274 gear available from lvl 70. This would allow crafters an opportunity to sell their green gear instead of junking it. (Probably the dumbest crafting design I’ve ever seen).

4. Everyone is happier and old gear is relevant and crafters get a smallish reprieve for making junk green and blue items from lvl 70.

5. Another option is let crafters make the old set bonus gear to sell or use. Which makes crafting relevant pre end game.

If you collected the empty gear during 5.X, it's still lurking wherever you stashed it, and it's still adaptive moddable shells, so presumably if they added them to a vendor, they would remain the same.

One question, though. Why "requires level 10". The Command Crate empties didn't have a minimum level.

I mean the old set bonus gear that’s only available now from the Ossus vendor and cannot be worn by anyone below lvl 70.

I would like to see the set bonus gear made into legacy gear and made available at lvl 10 so that people can get the most benefit from it as they lvl because you cannot use it at lvl 75 and it seems stupid to only sell it at lvl 70 when you have to stop using it 4 lvls later.

I’ve still got some old set bonus gear that I can wear from lvl 50, but I can’t use it on new Alts and I can’t get the same set bonus gear for them till lvl 70. It’s a really disappointing.

I'd like to see the Ossus sets converted to legacy bound. That way I might actually get full sets collected. Ossus has some great looking armor, but it's a real pita to get a full set on one character.

I think this conversation sums it up.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The old command crate shells do still exist but they're unmoddable, have non-indicative names, and are only random drops at 75.

The *looks* exist, some of them (there were 32 different sets), but not the actual sets themselves.

And the non-moddable thing doesn't matter, *not*at*all*. Since set bonuses moved back to the shells, all gear that *isn't* some sort of set-bonus gear (exception: AmpChamp, which is useful for the seventh slot and adds an extra amplifier) is good only for looks and for initial gearing-up. They are, however, good for looks in Outfit Designer.

The problems is that there are a jillion different sets, and you'd need ridiculous amounts of storage to ever accumulate a set of any of those. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Eh, nm.

I managed to stick them all on one toon, in a cargo bay with five tabs. There are 8 sets in each prefix, and five prefixes. I sorted them by prefix (Arkanian, Dreadguard, Resurrected, Yavin, Underworld) one on each tab - and by coincidence there are 8 rows in each cargo bay tab and 8 sets for each prefix (Agent, Bounty Hunter, Consular, etc.) so, one on each row. Seven pieces per set or 8 depending on whether the chest piece can be hooded or hoodless.

This makes it super easy to identify which ones you have dupes of. I sell duplicates to a vendor. I can also tell at a glance which pieces I still need. Dreadguard tab is full up except for hooded/unhooded chestpieces so I know right away if I have Dreadguard stuff drop, and it isn't a chestpiece, it goes in the vendor trash.

I wish these things were in collections. They take up a lot more space than I should be willing to tie up. But I'm obsessed with completing them all.

• 2 months later...

Day 476: It's been quite the wait, but I'm sure the devs won't let us down. Hope to see that vendor added soon. Would a CM mind passing along a friendly reminder? Please tell them we're still very eager to collect more of these weapon and armor pieces!

Latest dev response from June 5th, 2019:

Noice. Been looking forward to this question.

First, yes all cosmetics and schematics currently coming from Command Crates will be moved to a vendor so that these can still be acquired. - Tully

Patch 6.0 launched on October 22, 2019.

For players who weren't here for the old command crate system, here's a link that shows some of the weapons and armor sets that were previously available from crates: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/galactic-command-crates/

Edited by Drenovade

• 6 months later...

Day 667: Still holding out. Please say something, devs. It was bad enough to purge classic gear out of the game, making it unavailable except through Cartel Market reskins that players would have to pay real life money for.

Finally, in KotET, players were able to obtain several classic gear models again(among other items) by actually playing the game and collecting them from command crates.

Naturally, having that ripped from us when the system was replaced with renown, caused a lot of concern. But players were assured by the devs that these items would be made available again from a vendor. Well, vendors were provided for the mounts and pets, now where is the one for gear?

We're coming up on two years since this was meant to be implemented. How long must we wait? It doesn't even need to be a vendor. Add them back into renown crates or whatever. Just please do something. It's ridiculous to not follow through with this for so long, and to remain silent about it, offering no explanation.

Either they forgot about it or they don't wanna do it anymore.

Anyway, I'll support your thread because I liked these crate armors and especially the armors from the pre-4.0 change a lot, too.

I wonder if they're trying to decide whether to make these armor sets and weapons cosmetic & buyable from the CM instead...

Any way, +1 for OP's original request. Many of us are still waiting for an update.

• 2 months later...

Where is the vendor for command crate shells?

• These will be available for purchase on a vendor with 7.0’s launch for 3,500 Tech Fragments and 500,000 Credits.

After more than a two-year delay and nothing but silence, it appears this vendor will finally be added. If the cost is 3,500 TF per a single set piece and weapon, that's pretty insane considering how many individual shells there were that came from command crates.

There were about 32 armor sets and about 100 weapons if I'm not mistaken. 32 times 7 set pieces, plus 100 weapons would be 324 items total. That's 1,134,000 tech fragments! Let's say you play the game enough to earn 9,000 TF every week. It would take that player 2.4 years to collect every item. Not to mention they wouldn't be spending TF on anything else that entire time.

Another thing, the items were originally BoE. If they retain that feature, then even after 2.4 years of grinding for TF, players would only be able to use each cosmetic item on a single character. Please make them bound to legacy!

After more than a two-year delay and nothing but silence, it appears this vendor will finally be added. If the cost is 3,500 TF per a single set piece and weapon, that's pretty insane considering how many individual shells there were that came from command crates.

There were about 32 armor sets and about 100 weapons if I'm not mistaken. 32 times 7 set pieces, plus 100 weapons would be 324 items total. That's 1,134,000 tech fragments! Let's say you play the game enough to earn 9,000 TF every week. It would take that player 2.4 years to collect every item. Not to mention they wouldn't be spending TF on anything else that entire time.

Another thing, the items were originally BoE. If they retain that feature, then even after 2.4 years of grinding for TF, players would only be able to use each cosmetic item on a single character. Please make them bound to legacy!

I guess that depends on how many tech frag will drop in 7.0 and how much junk we might get to deconstruct. Until we know that, this could be a good thing or a really bad thing. I just hope BioWare increases the storage limit for tech frags above 11,000. I don’t want to have to keep returning to the fleet to spend them if they are only going to be for cosmetic items now.

I also second they be made Bind on legacy and not BOE.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Per the PTS, they are bound to legacy and they do cost 3500 TF per piece.

As far as quantity of Tech Fragments, I expect that to go down unless they start showering us with them elsewhere. Conquest TF values haven't changed, but Conquest goal doubled so that's effectively a 50% reduction. Renown rank ups are gone. I'm seeing some instances of weekly missions that dropped their TF yield (Vet FPs being one, I believe that's 150 on live, it's now 50). So, unless they added them somewhere else that I'm missing, I'd expect TF to be a lot less plentiful. They're used for Legendary items too, from what I understand.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Per the PTS, they are bound to legacy and they do cost 3500 TF per piece.

As far as quantity of Tech Fragments, I expect that to go down unless they start showering us with them elsewhere. Conquest TF values haven't changed, but Conquest goal doubled so that's effectively a 50% reduction. Renown rank ups are gone. I'm seeing some instances of weekly missions that dropped their TF yield (Vet FPs being one, I believe that's 150 on live, it's now 50). So, unless they added them somewhere else that I'm missing, I'd expect TF to be a lot less plentiful. They're used for Legendary items too, from what I understand.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...