healers taking a hit

Viciouskillr

Nerfing healers in pvp was a step in the right direction, but nerfing the expertise healing bonus was a step to far. In full Bm gear my buddy can heal 8% more, But when im in full Bm gear I can hit 23% harder. I feel bad for sorc healers now, they have no survive-ability. I have to make sure my healers are always guarded or else they will melt in 5 sec against a good marauder.

On a side note marauders didn't really need a buff in 1.2, if people thought marauders are under powered then they just were not playing the class correctly.

84valor marauder master ghost-gnarl server

rage spec (4 stacks of shock wave + expertise consumable + power relic + bloodthrist = 6.2k smash crit on a geared sorc healer)

Edited by Viciouskillr

+1

Damage is too high and heals aren't effective enough. How about a happy medium please...

Personally I enjoy goin vs premades and melting their guarded sorc healer.

Puts everyone on a level playing field with respect to premades vs non as there is now no advantage to being a healer.

Alternatively healing classes are useless and you're better off taking a dps so it is what it is

:rolleyes:This again...

If you had 12% Expertise before 1.2 your combat looked something like this when fighting someone with equal Expertise.

1000 Damage attack now hits for 1120 (12% damage increase)

1000 Damage attack has 134 points mitigated (12% damage reduction)

Over all the 1000 damage attack deals 986 damage.

And any healing is increased by 12%

The change has nothing to do with healing but completely to do with making PvE gear useless in PvP.

With the new stats your combat will look something like this when fighting someone with equal Expertise.

1000 Damage attack now hits for 1200 (20% damage increase)

1000 Damage attack has 200 points mitigated (16.5% damage reduction)

Overall the 1000 damage attack deals 1000 damage.

Any healing is increased by 12%

Damage mitigation and damage increase from expertise were just fixed to be completely in line with one another. Healers still get a bonus on top of that. That is just a fix. You will take more damage from DPS As will everyone but again that is simply a expertise fix.

Even if they made it

Damage increase 100%

Damage reduction 50%

Healing increase 12%

All that does is make it so you have to use expertise in PvP. Healing is untouched (assuming you are actually wearing pvp gear.)

There is a lot to complain in this patch lets not get stuck on this because truly little changed.

To be fair everyone needs to get WH gear to catch up to each other as everyone starts to get WH gear. Healing just takes it in another way

As a simplified example lets say that in season 1, 1000 expertise is the cap (example numbers)

Let’s also use the numbers we talked about earlier as the season standard.

Healing 13%

Damage 20%

Damage reduction 16.5%

Then we know that

50 Expertise per 1% of damage increase (20% at cap)

60.6 Expertise per 1% of damage reduction increase (16.5% at cap)

77 Expertise per 1% of healing increase (13% at cap)

When season 2 comes out, damage and damage reduction needs no change.

Season 2 has an expertise cap of 1350

50 Expertise per 1% of damage increase (27% at cap)

60.6 Expertise per 1% of damage reduction increase (22% at cap)

But healing would be

77 expertise per 1% of healing increase. (17% at cap!)

That’s just wrong… so instead Healing gets ever increasing diminishing returns.

103 expertise per 1% of healing increase (13% at cap)

But that means that at the start of season 2 people who had 13% bonus healing will drop down to about 9.5% until they start to gear up again.

If you are complaining about that then I agree it sucks right now. But healing didn’t get a nerf at all. You are simply not wearing the top tier gear anymore. You need to regear. And while I agree it blows at first hopefully BW keeps the jumps in seasonal gear small enough that healers only take an initial 1-2% change. Even now it’s only about 2.5% if you were in all BM gear.

I think it’s more the lower your gear was (champ /cent). But I think that is because the diminishing returns are not linear. But don’t quote me on that.

healers didn't take an expertise hit at all...

:rolleyes:This again...

healers didn't take an expertise hit at all...

16.5% of 1000 = 200?

what math class did you hail from?

last time i checked its 165... not 200... you can say they balance out so that your argument works...

but i cant see how 200 damage increase is same as 165 damage mitigitation

35 more damage then what is mitigated is still more then you are saying

and i dont know many who are only hitting for a 1000....

i have seen hits now as high as 5000

so lets look at 4000 damage x 20% = 4800

mitigated with 16.5% = 660

so total extra damage is 140

that is not a total cancellation

P.S. and yeah healing was touched. my heals are way too slow and yeah there was an increase of damage as you can clearly see...

so with slower heals and more damage being tossed means that people will die faster not to mention all the CC and interrrupts this game still has leaves for an extremely unbalanced pvp right now.

Edited by Safgril

16.5% of 1000 = 200?

what math class did you hail from?

last time i checked its 165... not 200... you can say they balance out so that your argument works...

but i cant see how 200 damage increase is same as 165 damage mitigitation

35 more damage then what is mitigated is still more then you are saying

and i dont know many who are only hitting for a 1000....

i have seen hits now as high as 5000

so lets look at 4000 damage x 20% = 4800

mitigated with 16.5% = 660

so total extra damage is 140

that is not a total cancellation

P.S. and yeah healing was touched. my heals are way too slow and yeah there was an increase of damage as you can clearly see...

so with slower heals and more damage being tossed means that people will die faster not to mention all the CC and interrrupts this game still has leaves for an extremely unbalanced pvp right now.

what reading comprehension course did you take? rofl

1113 Expertise

17.5k full buffed

Jedi seer

I die in 4 shots (3 sometimes) from marauders (cant do ****, cced and interrupted in the attempt), 5 hits from jugger and 5-6 hits from operatives (tough OP ive some chanches at least)

I replicate the same with my sent guildmate, he kills me in 4 shots too.

Before the pacth i would had died,but i could last 20-30 secs.

Now 5-7 secs and im gone.

On my commando things are slighty better (i can take a beat at least) and can last much more.

Dont have an op/smuggler to try.

This is UTTERLY ********, only dps kids are happy, so lets make them playng unreal tournament and remove healers from game.

Nerfing healers in pvp was a step in the right direction, but nerfing the expertise healing bonus was a step to far. In full Bm gear my buddy can heal 8% more, But when im in full Bm gear I can hit 23% harder. I feel bad for sorc healers now, they have no survive-ability. I have to make sure my healers are always guarded or else they will melt in 5 sec against a good marauder.

On a side note marauders didn't really need a buff in 1.2, if people thought marauders are under powered then they just were not playing the class correctly.

84valor marauder master ghost-gnarl server

rage spec (4 stacks of shock wave + expertise consumable + power relic + bloodthrist = 6.2k smash crit on a geared sorc healer)

ummm. your numbers are off

in full BM you are over 12% healing

DMG and Mitigation cancel each other out completely. So healing is really the only thing that benefits from expertise.

1000 Damage attack has 200 points mitigated (16.5% damage reduction)

i think my reading is just fine.. he said 1000...not 1200

You do realize mitigation is calculated AFTER the bonus right?

There have been countless threads on this. Search function is there for a reason.