Healing commando Need HELPS!

Anyways I have done vanguard tanking, dps commando, and now healing commando. Vanguard tanking took some getting used to, commando dps pretty straight forward, but commando healing polar opposite. Any help would be appreciated, note the words help.

First problem I am running into the healing beam from hammer shot. No the beam glow is not a problem. Not seeing what the big deal is with that. The problem is it does not heal for much, and to make things worse is it puts my other healing abilities on a global quick cool down. How in the blazes do I heal one with the beam taking some damage, and use my probes on another taking major damage. Even worse like all things commando I have stay standing still. Then add to my issues people I heal, who are not tanks, are flying into groups of four enemy players. When i start healing them they dont back out. I get why things are the way they are to keep dps commando from being op but the healing side seems to be a contradictory in terms. My healer is level 22, my dps commando is level 55, so is there something that comes later that helps with these issues in a major way. For the record Kolto bomb is as badly glitched as mortar volley and hail of bolts. Some times it launches sometimes it just unclicks the abilities.

First problem I am running into the healing beam from hammer shot. No the beam glow is not a problem. Not seeing what the big deal is with that. The problem is it does not heal for much, and to make things worse is it puts my other healing abilities on a global quick cool down. How in the blazes do I heal one with the beam taking some damage, and use my probes on another taking major damage.

Even worse like all things commando I have stay standing still. Then add to my issues people I heal, who are not tanks, are flying into groups of four enemy players. When i start healing them they dont back out. I get why things are the way they are to keep dps commando from being op but the healing side seems to be a contradictory in terms.

My healer is level 22, my dps commando is level 55, so is there something that comes later that helps with these issues in a major way.

For the record Kolto bomb is as badly glitched as mortar volley and hail of bolts. Some times it launches sometimes it just unclicks the abilities.

Ok so number 1

Your healing beam is what you use FREE to save ammo and when your Advanced Medical Probe or Kolto Bomb is on CD. It is an ability by itself which uses 1 GCD each time it's used.

Number 2

Completely irrelevant to commando healing, people running into a fight happens all the time, as a healer you can moan at them or get used to it.

Number 3

Yes you unlock cheaper medical probes later, extra healing on advanced medical probe, heal on your knockback, extra heal over time from kolto bomb, small heal on damage probes you can put on everyone which last 3 mins and finally at the top you get a free instant heal which is about as much as an advanced medical probe.

Endgame commando healer is very good and level 22 is a bad time to judge it.

Number 4

Has to be something very specific to you, Kolto bomb is something I activate, target, drop and it works every time.

Edited by Gyronamics

Just to chime in, hammer shot is a filler in your rotation. It's primary purpose for a combat medic is to build 30 charges so you can activate your supercharged skill. I like to use hammer shot on the main tank's target at the beginning of a fight and then switch to use it to top off teammates later in the fight.

Similar to scoundrel's diagnostic scan, the healing component of hammer shot is just a little added bonus.

Also, at level 40ish, commando has enough tools to feel like a solid healer.

Edited by Althion

Similar to scoundrel's diagnostic scan, the healing component of hammer shot is just a little added bonus.

While Diagnostic scan really is a tiny bonus, I'm only in BasicComm gear for my Combat Medic and each HS heals ~1k hp no problem that is pretty substantial over a fight

While Diagnostic scan really is a tiny bonus, I'm only in BasicComm gear for my Combat Medic and each HS heals ~1k hp no problem that is pretty substantial over a fight

Diagnostic Scan heals for more than Hammer Shots

Both will heal for your Bonus Healing but Diagnostic Scan gains bonuses on top of that from talents hence it heals more.

However it is not instant like hammer shots.

Also, at level 40ish, commando has enough tools to feel like a solid healer.

This,

It's hard to judge Commando healing pre-30 imo. At 30 you have Supercharged Cells, Trauma Probe, a HoT on Kolto Bomb, immunity to interrupts on your shield, and if I recall the tree setup, you also can cut Medical Probes cost in half by using Advanced Medical Probe. Out of all the healing classes, Commando/Merc is byfar the most fun to me. It's frustrating at the start due to energy management, but stick with it. It only gets better with time. :)

Understand that the Hammershot is a good filler.

If you feel it doesn't heal for as much, you're probably not running with enough Power.

Hammershot heals for your bonus Tech Attack/Heal amount. The Power Stat is what grants increased Tech Bonus damage. If you don't have enough power, your Hammershot won't heal for as much. If you feel it's lackluster, I would advise stacking more Power stat. The point of Hammershot heal besides building your charge is more to prevent people from loosing health too quickly. Think of it as a healers way of buffing someone taking sustaining damage.

Save your probes for burst healing to heal up larger chunks of damage the squad takes and use Hammershot to counter sustained damage. Hammershot will never outheal damage but it's designed to take the pressure off you by generating a constant stream of healing so you don't have to worry about fighting with your resources.