Announcing End Season 5 Gladiatorial Rewards

TaitWatson

The finale of Season 5 is fast approaching so we hope you are on top of things! The end of Season 5 will come with Game Update 3.3 and your Highest-earned rating, when the servers come down for the update, will determine which tier you are in and what rewards you receive. The higher your tier the more glorious your rewards!

Read More

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after hours of playing on a jung ma engineer sniper, I get to find out that I don't qualify this season for anything I didn't get last season. Great.

Take a look at the leaderbords, exactly 40 snipers across the world get silver rewards, out of how many?

Lilith, the best sniper on jung ma (for rating) with 1288 gets bronze?

Khronik, 1250, Bronze?

And me, Blackflyer, at 1235, also bronze.

And the best part?

Blackflyer, 32 wins

Khronik, 2 wins

Lilith, 2 wins

Lets break that down. I win more ranked then any sniper on my server, and get a lower rating. Add to that the fact that THE HIGHEST RANKED SNIPER ON THE SERVER GETS BRONZE and now, you see how failure in class balance and failure in managing ques and a failure of population means **** all on low tier characters, and wonder why everyone rolls sages and transfers to the bastion.

Check the sniper leaderbords, this isn't a lie

So after hours of playing on a jung ma engineer sniper, I get to find out that I don't qualify this season for anything I didn't get last season. Great.

Take a look at the leaderbords, exactly 40 snipers across the world get silver rewards, out of how many?

Lilith, the best sniper on jung ma (for rating) with 1288 gets bronze?

Khronik, 1250, Bronze?

And me, Blackflyer, at 1235, also bronze.

And the best part?

Blackflyer, 32 wins

Khronik, 2 wins

Lilith, 2 wins

Lets break that down. I win more ranked then any sniper on my server, and get a lower rating. Add to that the fact that THE HIGHEST RANKED SNIPER ON THE SERVER GETS BRONZE and now, you see how failure in class balance and failure in managing ques and a failure of population means **** all on low tier characters, and wonder why everyone rolls sages and transfers to the bastion.

Check the sniper leaderbords, this isn't a lie

People with 2 wins don't get **** and their ranking doesn't mean ****. You have to play 10 matches minimum to qualify for rewards.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

People with 2 wins don't get **** and their ranking doesn't mean ****. You have to play 10 matches minimum to quality for rewards.

Joy, then I am the best sniper on my server

Big whoop, still can't play enough ranked to get a decent rating, and what ranked you can play trashes snipers.

Why are rewards given out based on global population when only servers compete in themselves? this is a huge problem, especially for classes that rely on teammates in the solo que on servers that don't pop.

Joy, then I am the best sniper on my server

Big whoop, still can't play enough ranked to get a decent rating, and what ranked you can play trashes snipers.

Why are rewards given out based on global population when only servers compete in themselves? this is a huge problem, especially for classes that rely on teammates in the solo que on servers that don't pop.

My sniper had 1510 rating not its below 1200 RIP :(

Guys, this is ridiculous. The requirements are way too high, even though slightly decreased. It's really not fair to solo rated players playing other classes than powertechs, sorcerers and assassins. Also not to mention win trading and premades on a MASSIVE scale and that there is at least one premader/wintrader in, pretty much, every top 5.

Not to mention broken ELO. At 1200 rating you get +9 for a win and -15 for losing. Is this really fair?

So yeah. Enjoy your nexus, cheaters.

Btw Black-Silver STRIATED? Is it going to be different from previous season's black-silver? Gold outline sounds nice, though. Too bad i'll miss it for playing a jug in solo rated with trolls and premades every third or second match.

Man I hope for them new pvp changes and selectable rewards coming fast.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

1600 is too damn high, its currently the 1.6% solo ranked population and 1.8% on teams

I remember on S1 your idea was to make tier 1 rewards top 5% of the world. I know a few more people is going to get 1600+, but no way near to a 4 or 5%.. Probably around 2.5-3% lel

Also we are missing the armor´s sets =( Would been great for this season..

Edited by Dacri

Maybe it's good. Those will get moved into new rewards system so it won't be like only 1.5% of pvp players get'em due to broken balancing + trolling and cheating on a huge scale this season.

1600 is too damn high, its currently the 1.6% solo ranked population and 1.8% on teams

I remember on S1 your idea was to make tier 1 rewards top 5% of the world. I know a few more people is going to get 1600+, but no way near to a 4 or 5%.. Probably around 2.5-3% lel

I agree, 1600 is way to high considering server populations are diminishing and solo and team ranked participation is going down as well. Most servers can barely get 8 people to queue and even when it does pop, they get discouraged if they lose and stop after 1 game.

I agree, 1600 is way to high considering server populations are diminishing and solo and team ranked participation is going down as well. Most servers can barely get 8 people to queue and even when it does pop, they get discouraged if they lose and stop after 1 game.

http://strawpoll.me/4709232

Maybe with enough effort, we can combat the server populations by creating our own Megaserver.

Cast your vote!

http://strawpoll.me/4709232

Maybe with enough effort, we can combat the server populations by creating our own Megaserver.

Cast your vote!

How do you picture a one global megaserver? Can you imagine the latencies people would have? If the engine does not even allow for cross server queues, do you think we could have eu/na instances on this megaserver?

I'm really getting tired of being shafted because of increasingly high ELO requirements. I work my assets off to score 1250+ on my sniper, and I get bronze in solo ranked? seriously? Bioware, recheck your metrics. the only people these ELO levels are fair for are win traders and FOTM re-rollers.

+1, i have 109 wins on my guardian and get silver, my highest rating puts me at 1549, gg bioware

Edited by TeeziEzi

Good choice by Bioware. I am playing Sniper and will get everything except the Top 3 Title due to my server probably being harder than those PvE/RP-trash who don't even play 100 wins with their character. I have been over 1600 three times but never managed to maintain or get above 1700, not even close to it. My highest earned rating on Tomb of Freedon Nadd is 1647 and I would say it's not impossible at all. If you're wining then you're not playing enough to try and get the rating.

I see people wining about 1600 to high, but I can't see them even play enough matches during the season. Let's face it, no one deserves any rewards by only playing 20 wins (which some people have done on the leaderboard) because you get a ratingboost your first 20 games (some games you get +25 which is retarded), and the first 10 is likely around +35'ish and -35'ish if not more. If i decided I would remove the ratingboost you have the first 20 games, and also make it that you are not eligible for any rewards at all if you have played less than 150 solo ranked or team ranked matches. This would make sense and make the population and Ranked queue pops faster, because rewards is what people wants, it is what makes people queue. Items that works as a show-off is what people find motivating.

1600 rating is, by the way, very low. Anyone saying that it is too high might need to step up their game and stop complaining about trolls in your team, wintraders etc. You always forget about the matchmaking lottery, sometimes it's against you, sometimes even YOU get carried. I've done so many bad matches and still been winning, but I forget these quite easy. I remember the feeling about having bad players, trolls or disconnects though.

1600 rating, I think BioWare are very generous.

Thanks for this season lads, see you around. And remember to transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd - the only challenging PvP-server left in the game.

Maniiz the Sniper goes under cover for a while :wea_09:

Good choice by Bioware. I am playing Sniper and will get everything except the Top 3 Title due to my server probably being harder than those PvE/RP-trash who don't even play 100 wins with their character. I have been over 1600 three times but never managed to maintain or get above 1700, not even close to it. My highest earned rating on Tomb of Freedon Nadd is 1647 and I would say it's not impossible at all. If you're wining then you're not playing enough to try and get the rating.

I see people wining about 1600 to high, but I can't see them even play enough matches during the season. Let's face it, no one deserves any rewards by only playing 20 wins (which some people have done on the leaderboard) because you get a ratingboost your first 20 games (some games you get +25 which is retarded), and the first 10 is likely around +35'ish and -35'ish if not more. If i decided I would remove the ratingboost you have the first 20 games, and also make it that you are not eligible for any rewards at all if you have played less than 150 solo ranked or team ranked matches. This would make sense and make the population and Ranked queue pops faster, because rewards is what people wants, it is what makes people queue. Items that works as a show-off is what people find motivating.

1600 rating is, by the way, very low. Anyone saying that it is too high might need to step up their game and stop complaining about trolls in your team, wintraders etc. You always forget about the matchmaking lottery, sometimes it's against you, sometimes even YOU get carried. I've done so many bad matches and still been winning, but I forget these quite easy. I remember the feeling about having bad players, trolls or disconnects though.

1600 rating, I think BioWare are very generous.

Thanks for this season lads, see you around. And remember to transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd - the only challenging PvP-server left in the game.

Maniiz the Sniper goes under cover for a while :wea_09:

yeah screw people with things like jobs and school and a life who can't spend all their free time in-game as well as the servers that just generally don't pop enough because the population isn't big enough, also ignoring the fact that solo ranked can just throw you a bunch of losses if you happen to constantly get matched with bads or the queue syncers rear their ugly heads! you should be doing 150+ wins like my glorious self or else you don't care enough to get rewards! /s

Edited by OMGITSJAD

yeah screw people with things like jobs and school and a life who can't spend all their free time in-game as well as the servers that just generally don't pop enough because the population isn't big enough, also ignoring the fact that solo ranked can just throw you a bunch of losses if you happen to constantly get matched with bads or the queue syncers rear their ugly heads! you should be doing 150+ wins like my glorious self or else you don't care enough to get rewards! /s

To be fair, if you look up some of the people complaining about not being able to reach T1, they have under 30 wins. Ranked matches are about 7 minutes each on average. 30 wins equates to 210 minutes inside an arena, almost 4 hours. A PvP season is 90 days, so 2,160 hours. So people who have only played approx .18% of the season, yes that's right, they don't even put in 1% playtime of the entire season are complaining about how unfair it is that they can't achieve what 1.6% of all players achieved.

Everyone has a life, commitments, school or work. A family. But if you have only played 4 hours out of a 2,160 hour season, please don't be shocked when you don't qualify for top tier rewards. To just PLAY 100 games would take on average 700 minutes, which is 11.4 hours which is NOT EVEN 1% of the entire season. It's only half of a percent of total time available in the season. So job, life or not, if you can't even reach 100 games played, which is .5% of the entire season, then you have no right to complain about not being eligible for rewards.

Also, to do 100 games in 9 weeks, you'd just have to do 14 games a week which is only 2 games a day, which is about 11 minutes each day for the entire season.

If you can't dedicate 11 minutes out of day then you probably can't complain about a bar you can't reach because at that point you're just not even trying.

I respect under powered classes with at least 90+ games played but can't reach t1 because class balance than people who just play 30 games and complain because at least the former tried. The latter just likes to complain their way to rewards by lowering the bar to their preferred standards.

Also, to do 100 games in 9 weeks, you'd just have to do 14 games a week which is only 2 games a day, which is about 11 minutes each day for the entire season.

If you can't dedicate 11 minutes out of day then you probably can't complain about a bar you can't reach because at that point you're just not even trying.

I respect under powered classes with at least 90+ games played but can't reach t1 because class balance than people who just play 30 games and complain because at least the former tried. The latter just likes to complain their way to rewards by lowering the bar to their preferred standards.

I agree with the point your making about players expectations, but you can also add the time waiting in q which for some can be a long time and also the time taken by losing matches, as for myself I can usually only q on a weekend in the middle of the day due to living on the other side of the world to the server, one size doesn't fit all and there will always be many that dont have the same opportunity as others but that's just the way it is.

I agree with the point your making about players expectations, but you can also add the time waiting in q which for some can be a long time and also the time taken by losing matches, as for myself I can usually only q on a weekend in the middle of the day due to living on the other side of the world to the server, one size doesn't fit all and there will always be many that dont have the same opportunity as others but that's just the way it is.

I didn't in use losses because the point was that people don't even play enough games for win/loss ratio to balance out. And even with Q times, if you need 2 games a day, you won't be in Q nearly as long as if you needed to do 5+ games a day.

Edit: But you get the point, people want to put in as little time possible and still reap maximum rewards, then bash others who imply that you should put in effort to get better rewards by using the whole "but muh life/work/gainz" excuse for why they won't put in the effort. Boy, I put in 4 years for my degree in college, but I have to work too to pay my bills so they should just skip ahead and give me my masters because I don't have time to commit to getting it the hard way because "muh jobs".

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi