Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

Benirons

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSF ossus cristals quest is bug, it does not validate wins.

I played another match again today, on Satele, around 10:30 am pacific daylight time, and it correctly updated the win. Also I completed all three wins, pubside, on Satele, last night. So, I’m not seeing the behavior you and Sarova are describing.

I played another match again today, on Satele, around 10:30 am pacific daylight time, and it correctly updated the win. Also I completed all three wins, pubside, on Satele, last night. So, I’m not seeing the behavior you and Sarova are describing.

It may be carryover from when it was actually bugged. I have seen several people in the last three weeks complain about it but it's not happening to me or other people actually playing GSF. That bug was so nasty that a lot of people probably don't realize it was fixed because they vowed to stay away from it forever.

Or maybe there's a new bug. I'm with you, it's been working as intended for me each week since they fixed it.

Hey folks,

Let me add a little more clarity on how the system works exactly. There are a number of systems in our game that are inherently tied together even if they may not seem to be. This is one of those cases.

The Weekly Masterwork Mission is directly tied to whatever Conquest is running on any given week. The reason that this makes the Weekly Mission random is that our Conquest schedule is also random. It is worth noting that the exception to this rule is that we manually override the random schedule when events run. An example of this would be that next week (and the week after) we know that the Dantooine Conquest will be running. The Weekly Mission that runs alongside that Conquest is not GSF, which is how I was able to answer the question of what is coming next week.

I hope that adds some clarity to what is happening with the Weekly Missions. Thanks all.

-eric

This is really simple, but for some reason you guys at Bioware always have to make it complicated. Why would you set up a system that has RNG events (Conquest, Timed weekly) when you could just set a rotating schedule that assures variety from week to week and allows players of the game to know what they are getting from week to week?

You guys just continually make things too complicated, which usually means they break (or work as if they were broken). 3 weeks of GSF in a row is not the end of the world, but it just doesn't have to be this complicated.

Over 7 years of baffling decisions from you all... making things more complicated than they need to be, which leads to bugs or things that SEEM like bugs and it's too tied down in the code to fix now that you've done it in this complicated fashion.

MAKE A SET SCHEDULE FOR CONQUEST. ROTATE THE 4 TIMED WEEKLY QUESTS ON A SET SCHEDULE.

Make this a little easier for all of us to follow and play. Is that really too much to ask? Going forward, quit using RNG as a crutch. It's just enough already.

Keep up the good work BW. All voices matter, not just the ones who seem to have a problem with every decision that is made. This is by no means a game-breaking issue, and considering it was only meant to be short-term content, it actually makes a lot of sense to just copy/paste the same schedule as conquest to these weekly quests. Holistically, the time you saved not having to code another schedule probably helped add additional features to the update that otherwise would not have been there. Perhaps im the only one that sees it this way.

Again, much appreciated the effort you guys put into the game to make it enjoyable.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Hey folks,

Let me add a little more clarity on how the system works exactly. There are a number of systems in our game that are inherently tied together even if they may not seem to be. This is one of those cases.

The Weekly Masterwork Mission is directly tied to whatever Conquest is running on any given week. The reason that this makes the Weekly Mission random is that our Conquest schedule is also random. It is worth noting that the exception to this rule is that we manually override the random schedule when events run. An example of this would be that next week (and the week after) we know that the Dantooine Conquest will be running. The Weekly Mission that runs alongside that Conquest is not GSF, which is how I was able to answer the question of what is coming next week.

I hope that adds some clarity to what is happening with the Weekly Missions. Thanks all.

-eric

Certain conquest tied to a certain weekly seems to explain how we were having a lot of back to backs. Some of the conquest weeklies I think are periodically recurring, and since timed weekly is tied to them, it follows that the timed weekly is not 100% RNG.

In other words, to put it rather bluntly, you lied in your first post.

Like most said, just put the timed weekly on a set schedule. Some take a while to complete some not, at least we can plan ahead our schedules and see how much of our valuable time we will need to dedicate. RNG sucks, I personally hate it with every fiber of my being. Choice for the customer is ultimately what makes us happiest.

Freakin' RNG.

Ok I seriously have to ask the company of BioWare/EA these questions.

Do you guys 'like' torturing your playerbase? Is this fun for you guys? Do you not understand the amount of 'stress' that this causes people?

Not only am I refering to GSF kicking in 3 times straight, but I'm also referring to the last 2-3 years.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

Its not always actually "Random". There typically are Bias's and Influencers that modify the Randomness of the process. Think of the CM Market and all their items being packaged into the crates....

1 High Value, New, Past Favorite all these issues are meant to be *Rare so this item would be given a "Low Bias"

2 Junk items in general a Higher Bias (More Like Mandatory) to happen more often

"RNG is Fun" A lie to cover up a Bigger Lie"

Its Not Actually Random, just at times a convenient misleading term for "We don't want you to have that"

Consider when people posted about feeling forced into PVP, then people posted about not liking the "No Faction" Battles then the new content recently for GSF, I doubt its "Totally" random and reading "Its about over" (as this means its no big deal) leads me to think "Worked as Intended".

I was here a Long time Before I did the GSF and then only because that guild was heavily into Conquest. It was Brutal as most know a new comer in the same area as the Pro's It seemed like I watched myself blowing up more then flying around (Probably True). I did *In Time, get good and it became Less of a Task and at times fun but when that guild died I stopped. Its like the PVP, some will like it, most wont and I don't see that as the main direction of SWTOR, just a side activity.

*How Badly do you want what it offers.

Edited by MikeCobalt

This is really simple, but for some reason you guys at Bioware always have to make it complicated. Why would you set up a system that has RNG events (Conquest, Timed weekly) when you could just set a rotating schedule that assures variety from week to week and allows players of the game to know what they are getting from week to week?

You guys just continually make things too complicated, which usually means they break (or work as if they were broken). 3 weeks of GSF in a row is not the end of the world, but it just doesn't have to be this complicated.

Over 7 years of baffling decisions from you all... making things more complicated than they need to be, which leads to bugs or things that SEEM like bugs and it's too tied down in the code to fix now that you've done it in this complicated fashion.

MAKE A SET SCHEDULE FOR CONQUEST. ROTATE THE 4 TIMED WEEKLY QUESTS ON A SET SCHEDULE.

Make this a little easier for all of us to follow and play. Is that really too much to ask? Going forward, quit using RNG as a crutch. It's just enough already.

As much as I am in agreement with you (100% in fact, I want a schedule period), sadly unless Bioware changes their mind, we will never get one. The reason why the conquest got changed to random events, was because guilds were complaining they could never win on crafting weeks, because the big guilds would pre plan weeks in advance and them steamroll/dump all the crafting and get 150 million conquest points above and people would hate it. So Bioware responded with saying that the only planned conquests are the event ones (Rak, Gree, BBA and now the Pirate one) but all other events would be random. Which I was dismayed with since I needed Ziost for the last achievement, and I had to wait 6 months before it came back up in the schedule. (Its currently up atm, so next week I get all the conquest AP woots!)

But I am with you, having a plan, knowing information beforehand and having a schedule is part of what I talked about, about having a choice ingames. People LOVE having choices, because they can pick and choose. But with RNG/random/gambling, you have that choice taken away, and the one thing people detest in life is control of making a choice taken away from them. Which is why I still don't understand why so MANY game devs continue to design games without choices and with only gambling. Actually.....I do. Sadly its been proven also that once someone gets a small dopamine hit of "winning" with gambling, they will continue to go back time and time again and waste money to "hopefully just one more try.", and with IOS making 26.6 billion dollars off of mobile games in just 6 months between Jan-June of 2017 (that's just IOS, not counting Android), sadly this trend will continue because of the leaders of these companies being focused on money and not making fun games and thinking of the players.

Let us hope Bioware hears the feedback and changes it for 6.0. (Or better yet, sooner! :D)

Freakin' RNG.

Ok I seriously have to ask the company of BioWare/EA these questions.

Do you guys 'like' torturing your playerbase? Is this fun for you guys? Do you not understand the amount of 'stress' that this causes people?

Not only am I refering to GSF kicking in 3 times straight, but I'm also referring to the last 2-3 years.

Well...for starters....look at the Anthem subreddit where Ben Irving got moved too and see the salt that is going on there, and remember Ben was in charge during a lot of those times.

With Keith incoming, it has taken a bit, but he set out to fix things and somewhat they have been, since the mess of 5.0 that is. People can not expect Keith to come in and drop a full on xpac with features for every player type within a few months of him taking over as head, but now a year or so on, we get 6.0 announced. It takes a couple of years to make xpacs, let alone their limited personal. I gave him time, an so far he hasn't (most) disappointed. I will agree though that the Ossus design is flawed, and needs to be worked on, but they already said they will not fix anything regarding gear for Ossus before 6.0, so were stuck with it till Sep, when the level cap gets raised, most of the currencies get deleted/converted and a new gearing system is added and we have to redo everything or something new, we shall see.

(Also remember, we should be getting the article for how to gear in 6.0 in the next few weeks, so lets hold off till we read it and find out. Then we can praise or rant to our hearts content :D)

If people dont like RNG, then propose a system that is game balanced, but also balanced for all types of players, playstyles, playtimes, etc that doesnt have any RNG. Good luck with that.

In regards to the Ossus weekly, its actually easy. Drop the MM FP requirement to 2, an the GSF one instead of wins to just get 8 medals like in pvp. Simple. Then all 4 weeklys are relatively the same difficulty wise. (Other then the MM one, but 4 is to much, but 1 is to low. 2 is right there in the middle.)

Also its easy to remove the gambling aspect. In regards to Ossus, since that is where the 252 an 258 are, the boxes that drop off of Queen and the daily weekly, dont make them random. Simple let us choose which piece we want. For pvp, let them get a currency and then use that currency to buy what pieces of gear they want. But imo, don't make them 500-900 per piece (using UCs as a example, although UCs are being deleted come Sep), make them like the command token gear, 45-90 per piece, and then for the 258 make then like 2 or 3 times that (150-300 per piece). And for the people who run FPs, add the currency back to those and do the same thing, just slightly less expensive since FPs don't pop as often as pvp does.

Simple, easy and balanced. But if you see a flaw, do correct me so I can try to find a work around.

In regards to the Ossus weekly, its actually easy. Drop the MM FP requirement to 2, an the GSF one instead of wins to just get 8 medals like in pvp. Simple. Then all 4 weeklys are relatively the same difficulty wise. (Other then the MM one, but 4 is to much, but 1 is to low. 2 is right there in the middle.)

You are spitballing based on your own experience, not on data. There is no precedent that states all quests and rewards have to be equally balanced per time spent. There are dozens of heroic quests that demonstrate the lack of equality across the board. Thats why people do alderaans 15 second click and run aeay quest more than the kill 50 npc quest for the same 21k credits.

Also its easy to remove the gambling aspect. In regards to Ossus, since that is where the 252 an 258 are, the boxes that drop off of Queen and the daily weekly, dont make them random. Simple let us choose which piece we want.

There is still a random aspect in eho wins the boxes from the queen. I dont see people complaining about the fact only 3 crates drop, but its as much RNG chance to win as any other part of the game.

People dont realize what they are asking for when they ask to get rid of RNG. Once most, if not all RNG is removed, people will complain that upgrades will come too slow, or that they have no incentive to play anymore because gearing was accelerated. There WILL be a fallout. I just dont think most people complainig are looking at the big picture.

Removing it isn't ridiculous. Would you, or anyone, be saying this if the outcome had been "Earn 8 medals in a single unranked warzone that you don't even need to stay till the end for" three weeks in a row? You and I both know the answer to that, TUX.

Keeping some sort of log so that you don't get duplicates two weeks in a row isn't unreasonable, and changing 3 wins to something else like GSF medals or completed matches isn't unreasonable either, but removing it simply because you don't like it is what's ridiculous TUX

The goal of 3 WINS is absolutely ridiculous. I don't mind GSF, it's the 3 WINS that I find repulsive. It's not even "fun" for the folk that actually love GSF. No other goal has as much uncertainty as this specific one, Whoever came up with this goal wasn't thinking...and I do find that ridiculous...especially when it comes up 3 flipping weeks in a row.

8 medals isn't nearly as easy in GSF as it is in PvP. So that's not equal, at all. Also MM FP aren't that hard, just uncheck the longer difficult FPs, or hell just do Hammer Station 4 times if you must. It's all a matter of opinion though, isn't it? For me MM FP and PvP is easy, GSF is annoying, and I raid 5 days a week so the Operation one is also easy. 3 weeks of any of these things is just bad overall.

lolz the RNG ... smh

Edited by Ibaesha

Why even random and not just a weekly rotation. There's already enough RNG - looking at you useless relics

The time cost of each are unequal also:

- x4 MM OPs - say 15 mins each = 1 hour

- SM Ops - 1 lockout = 15 mins (OR 1 full op = 1 hour)

- 8 PVP Medals - 1 match = 10 mins

- 3 GSF Wins = ? (no idea, I skip this one)

PVP for 10 mins or MM FPs for an hour+

Edited by michaelcshow

Why even random and not just a weekly rotation. There's already enough RNG - looking at you useless relics

The time cost of each are unequal also:

- x4 MM OPs - say 15 mins each = 1 hour

- SM Ops - 1 lockout = 15 mins (OR 1 full op = 1 hour)

- 8 PVP Medals - 1 match = 10 mins

- 3 GSF Wins = ? (no idea, I skip this one)

PVP for 10 mins or MM FPs for an hour+

Coming from someone that plays on Satele Shan, MM FPs are more dependent on your role. I would say it takes 45 mins on average to get a queue pop as a dps because there are so many, tanks are almost always insta queue, and healers are a toss up, it's either instant or 20+ minutes.

SM Ops are about right, but as of late it can take 10+ mins just to put lockout runs together, a bit faster when the weekly is active.

PvP is about right, but some game types take longer, and running into stacked teams sucks for trying to get medals.

But GSF is a nightmare on SS. I picked it up early Tuesday (10ish est(maybe earlier?)) to try and get it done before the mission swapped at 2, and it took 4+ hours to get 5 matches. 3 wins, 1 of which didn't count to finish the weekly, a loss, and a final win in the form of not having enough people in the match to continue. But what sucks even more than having to wait an hour on average for GSF queue pops, is that from my experience with it, you're either on a team that is completely wrecking the other, or you're the one getting wrecked. Granted I don't have much time in it, but that's usually my experience with it. It's just not fun running into people that play it on a daily basis with fully upgraded ships, blowing you up before you even realize you're being attacked, on top of not wanting to play the game mode in the first place, on top of long queue time, and then there is the wins not counting bug that still exists.

Which btw, I put in a ticket with support about the win not counting because I thought it would be faster than getting a 4th win, and I tacked on the bottom that people are gonna riot about it being GSF again, and I got the same generic reply that my buddy got for putting a ticket in solely about it being GSF for a 3rd week. Support didn't acknowledge the win not counting in any way and just closed the ticket.

If people dont like RNG, then propose a system that is game balanced, but also balanced for all types of players, playstyles, playtimes, etc that doesnt have any RNG. Good luck with that.

A lot of the RNG-hatred could be assuaged by certain tweaks, such as removing or reducing the odds of getting the EXACT SAME result as the last time. Because of this lack in design, we have the same GSF weekly for 3 weeks in a row. This lack is why people get non-optimal relic drops for 3 weeks in a row.

Secondly, lesser items should be RNG, while the top items should be ultra rare, but with a clear grind path. Let me explain, if a boss drops specific X item, but only a small percentage of the time -- this is fine. This is the same concept as an Ops boss like Corruptor Zero dropping his Corruptor Blade in DF. Now if Corruptor Zero had a chance to drop a special RNG loot box that might or might not contain the Corruptor Blade -- that is bad.

I know it sounds like aesthetics, but I can't tell you how annoying and frustrating it is to have the RNG vs grind roles reversed, or to stack RNG (a chance to win a crate that will give you a chance to win weighted gear crate).

I hope I haven't butchered my explanation.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Keep up the good work BW. All voices matter, not just the ones who seem to have a problem with every decision that is made.

You're going to chastise me about an agenda and then post this bait? Really? Nice potshot at everyone though.

Edited by kodrac

If you are looking for 'three wins', why not contribute. For the time it takes you to ****** and moan, you can be helping your team win.

The veteran pilots cant carry all you scrubs if you all just sit there, expecting to be carried. One solo vet cant carry people that have no clue.

You realize, if you make an effort, you get more exp/cxp/credits.

Yet, people still continue to just sit there and complain about not winning, whilst not contributing.

Well...for starters....look at the Anthem subreddit where Ben Irving got moved too and see the salt that is going on there, and remember Ben was in charge during a lot of those times.

With Keith incoming, it has taken a bit, but he set out to fix things and somewhat they have been, since the mess of 5.0 that is. People can not expect Keith to come in and drop a full on xpac with features for every player type within a few months of him taking over as head, but now a year or so on, we get 6.0 announced. It takes a couple of years to make xpacs, let alone their limited personal. I gave him time, an so far he hasn't (most) disappointed. I will agree though that the Ossus design is flawed, and needs to be worked on, but they already said they will not fix anything regarding gear for Ossus before 6.0, so were stuck with it till Sep, when the level cap gets raised, most of the currencies get deleted/converted and a new gearing system is added and we have to redo everything or something new, we shall see.

(Also remember, we should be getting the article for how to gear in 6.0 in the next few weeks, so lets hold off till we read it and find out. Then we can praise or rant to our hearts content :D)

You are...correct. Most of the issues revolved around Ben Irving's callous decisions, and I have been mostly content with how things are going with Keith as the Lead Producer, mostly being the key word. So therefore, I will do exactly that and hold off till I know more, of course even then, I've said what I intended to say.