placement of enhancements in adaptive armour

gottaloveme

It doesn't make any difference stat-wise - you can put any enhancement in any piece**. You only need to be concerned about your total levels/percentages of things like Critical, Accuracy, etc.

Note though that certain pieces tend to come with particular enhancements on them and so, to reduce the amount of juggling you need to do, it's easiest (and cheapest) to sort of follow along. For example, most Headpieces you get (with extract-able mods) will have an Alacrity Enhancement. So, it's easier if you put an Alacrity enhancement on your headpiece so that, if you get an upgraded piece you don't need to juggle you Alacrity stats around so much.

** BTW - what you are talking about are "mod-able" pieces, not "adaptive". Adaptive refers to the armors ability to "adapt" to whatever type (light. medium, heavy) armor the character wears. Many adaptive pieces have fixed stats and are not mod-able.

Hi. I usually just put enhancements for adaptive armour into any slot. Random. What I'd like to know now is, does random make a difference ? Should I have specific things like crit in gloves or weapons; alacrity in boots? etc. Thanks.

Moddable armour, not adaptive.(1)

No, it doesn't make any difference, except as you acquire pieces of "tier" (level 70) gear, which follow a specific schema, so as you start getting level 70 gear pieces, if your chosen "random" pattern doesn't match the gear's, you'll end up losing some stats and gaining more than expected of others.

(1) "adaptive" means "armour that adapts its effective weight to be the heaviest you can wear". It does not mean "moddable"(2). (Most sub-70 crafted armour is fixed-stats with no modification slots of any kind, but it is nevertheless adaptive.)

(2) For a long time, all adaptive gear was moddable because all of it was "orange" Cartel Market armour, but the reverse was not true. There were fixed-weight moddable pieces in green (all droid armour), blue (rare and rarer than that), orange (CM, but also some crafted) and purple (world drops(3)). When 4.0 released, they added fixed-stats adaptive-weight armour all over the place, but fixed-weight moddable gear still exists.

(3) Like the pre-modded purple level 16 shirt my Assassin found on Dromund Kaas on my way to take a second try at a BBA target way back when. Helped immensely.