Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please buff sorc heal or give us better tacticals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Please buff sorc heal or give us better tacticals

Darkchip
01.20.2020 , 08:06 PM | #21
Honestly i have no idea what they are doing with the sorcs lately.

They are going to be nerfing our DPS by alot with the 6.1 change which i can only guess was because of PvP not to mention out survivabilty, so not only are we going to be the weakest healers in the game but now we are getting kneecapped on our dps as well.

This honestly sucks, i love the sorc because i love the animations on them, their sass whenever they talk to people and just about everything about them but this is well and truely becoming a joke at this point, i got 1 of each healer up and it is so obvious to anyone that plays the game that the sorc got the short end of the stick again and now they are coming to make it even shorter with 6.1.

Will i continue to play mine, honestly i have no clue i'm honestly thinking of just canceling my sub at this point the devs clearly have no idea what they are doing they brought out a new system but again didn't full test it or think things through just went with what they thought was cool and interesting but ran outta time when they made the healing sorc tacts and sets because anyone that has ever played one can tell they are not only boring but don't really help alot since everyone has just gone the gathering storm like how the mercs just go consintrated fire.

Honestly i'm starting to think they need to ether remake all the sorc tacticals to bring them up to snuff or just rework the whole class at this point since we are ALWAYS getting nerfed and abused, no one wants a sorc for anything other then PvP and even then since people have seen the 6.1 patchnotes i've noticed a few teams have ether just flat out started refusing to run them since they have to get used to not having them anymore or people are just spaming them like crazy now to try and get their points in early.

Something needs to happen before this class just gets forgotten about i love this class i honestly think it is the move visually gorgeous class i have ever played in a mmo with lightning being a key part of it but looks can only get you so far you need to beable to do your part and the fact that we are getting excluded from content already and we are getting a nerf instead of a buff really shows just how much bioware thinks of us doesn't it.

Opiklo
01.21.2020 , 06:01 AM | #22
please do nothing with the sorc heal as it works just fine....

maybe give them another tactical like the roaming mend + 1

but most sorcs are just whiny primadonas, who cant slam their head against the keyboard anymore, and kill stuff with that.

the one thing which confuses me the most is, sorcs complaining of beinng outhealed by the other classes in aoe healing....

this has allways been the case so nothing new here... sorc is a single target healer and it really shines in that role...
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

Ahwassa
01.22.2020 , 03:25 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
sorcs complaining of beinng outhealed by the other classes in aoe healing....
Good sorcs donīt complain about aoe healing. We know we are bad at it Also the "One for All" is really good.
But what angers me is that we have no other useful tactical while merc got the best one in the game.

I canīt spam the healing donut because it messes up the force management.
So what tactical do I use when i canīt use the donut? Yeah, there is none.

Opiklo
01.22.2020 , 06:15 AM | #24
reliquiary of time it is!
at least in lvl 75 content

Opiklo
01.22.2020 , 06:17 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
Good sorcs donīt complain about aoe healing. We know we are bad at it Also the "One for All" is really good.
But what angers me is that we have no other useful tactical while merc got the best one in the game.

I canīt spam the healing donut because it messes up the force management.
So what tactical do I use when i canīt use the donut? Yeah, there is none.

If its no complaining about aoe heal, what is it then? you are still the best single target heal spec... so why sooooooooooooo whiny?

Ahwassa
01.22.2020 , 06:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
If its no complaining about aoe heal, what is it then? you are still the best single target heal spec... so why sooooooooooooo whiny?
Are you ok my friend?
Merc is the best single target heal now.

And the tactical you suggested is a general tactical that assumes you use a click relic.
You donīt see a problem there?

Opiklo
01.22.2020 , 07:39 AM | #27
merc best single target heal? did you ever have a look at parsely? sorry i meant rolling boil
it does not need a click relic it needs a relic proc.... which happens at least every 25 sec....

but hey live in your little bubble without any empiric data and cry.....

Sandrosw
01.22.2020 , 07:54 AM | #28
I am fine with low aoe heals, it has been this way for very long time, and it made other heal classes supplement sorc healer nicely - sorc focuses more on tank or whoever is getting high sustained dtps in the raid and the other healer throws out aoe heals that will heal wounds from aoes, circles, dots and such on the rest of the raid.

The issue is that if there is a class that can outheal sorc in a single target healing - which is the case now - sorc suddenly lost his main and only specialization and will not make up for it in other ways. If both ops and merc have stronger aoe heals and hots (as they should, they were created with more focus on aoe healing and hots) and one of them can outheal sorc in single target healing, then there is no reason to bring in a sorc. He will not be able to put out better aoe heals than merc even if he uses revivification on cooldown with One for All tactical. He will not be able to HoT people, because, well, we just don't have those kind of HoTs... So what we would like is return to be THE best single target healer. Or, if we should no longer be one, then we need to have something (either aoe or hots) buffed enough to be competitive with the ops or merc in this area. But I would not like this route tbh, I like how it was before, when all 3 healer classes brought something unique from other 2 healers.

In scaled content this issue is not visible and yesterday in 16m nim raid I could sometimes parse better eHPS than both merc and ops on boss fight (which probably says something about their skill and not their class). However in unscaled content like PvP, Dxun, Uprisings there is a huge change in how sorc heals work for some reason - our single target biggest heal that could give 20% health bar back to tank in scaled content suddenly gives about 10% health back, but the damage taken is the same percentage wise - so when tank in scaled content got hit for 30%, I can use Dark Infusion + free Dark Heal to heal him back. Now in unscaled content the same Dark Infusion + Dark Heal combo will give back about 15-20%, taking the same time and resources to cast, but leaving the tank with 10-15% health missing.

I really do not care if my heals heal for 10k or 20k or 50k, I just want them consistent when it comes to percentages. For all I care the heals could not give heal numbers at all and heal for x% of target's health. If the biggest single target heal suddenly heals for much less percentage wise depending if I am in scaled or unscaled content, then something is very off...In 6.0 health has doubled, dps has doubled, dtps has doubled and sorc heals increased by 30%. People around you will expect that you will still heal them same as before - they take hit for 30%, you fill it back in 3 seconds. But suddenly you cannot do that, and they start dying... you search for better sets, for better tacticals, for better anything to increase your healing output - and as a sorc you will find nothing for your most used skills. You will not magically go to back to sustained single target healing that people around you learned to expect and to add insult to an injury, you see other healer classes to be able to do better than you can in the single target healing and aoe healing both.

That is the reason we asked here to either have our heals buffed, or be given a tactical for our skills to return us to be the best single target healer even in unscaled content. For the record, spreading Resurgence by Revivification would be stupid OP and not fitting sorc theme at all and I agree that this should never be considered. But we need a buff so we would be ready when all content is scaled up to lvl 75 - we must be able to put required hps before it happens, the raid teams will not stop and wait for several months or years for their sorc healer to be buffed to be viable in nim content again - we would have to leave or reroll merc/ops. And most of us do not want to reroll, otherwise we would have done so already...
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Prepare for His return

Ahwassa
01.22.2020 , 07:55 AM | #29
I know the parsely numbers. But single target on a dummy means nothing.
In Ops a merc has more aoe and single target because he has a good tactical.

Sorcs can use "luck always changes" or the time one. But is it too much to ask to get a good class related one?
(And please calm down before you write. Your poor heart. Itīs just a game.)

Ahwassa
01.22.2020 , 07:58 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandrosw View Post
That is the reason we asked here to either have our heals buffed, or be given a tactical for our skills to return us to be the best single target healer even in unscaled content.
I complety agree with all youīve said.