Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please buff sorc heal or give us better tacticals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Please buff sorc heal or give us better tacticals

Ahwassa's Avatar


Ahwassa
01.01.2020 , 12:40 PM | #1
I know sorc heal is not unplayable but itīs no secret that the sorc tacticals and the new ability are not good.

Mercs got a good one for mobility and the best for group heal. Same with operatives.
The "One for all" is not good enough (it should always heal 20% more) and the other ones are not worth taking.
So please devs: give us better tacticals.

Please, Iīm tired of being made fun of.
(And I donīt want to play a tech class in Star Wars - the game with the FORCE.)

djmurloc's Avatar


djmurloc
01.01.2020 , 01:39 PM | #2
at the low levels or when doing flashpoints, I've noticed my heals barely do anything as lightning sorc. Not including how fast it eats up my force bar when trying to spot heal or myself.

110k life in these vet flashpoints and my heals are barely doing 10%
Kellers Void/ The Lev beta tester
---------------
Come join me on Star Wars Galaxies! (Elder robes, Space/JTL, great community)
https://swgprophecy.com/portal.php

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
01.02.2020 , 04:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by djmurloc View Post
at the low levels or when doing flashpoints, I've noticed my heals barely do anything as lightning sorc. Not including how fast it eats up my force bar when trying to spot heal or myself.

110k life in these vet flashpoints and my heals are barely doing 10%
I mean, that's perfectly reasonable and has always worked like this - Dark Heal is a very small heal, even in 5.10 I would have to spam it pretty hard to get even 50% of HP restored. And it burns through the Force HARD. If you want to offheal as a sorc DPS, you bubble the player, drop Resurgence on him and then carry on with your DPS, it's not worth spam-healing with Dark Heal at all. You are better off pushing out more DPS if it's a tight fight. At best, you just use the 2 I mentioned on cooldown if you want to help out for some reason.

Personally, I think I have pretty much never used Dark Heal as a sorc DPS in many months. But I also rarely play veteran fps and that's probably the only place where it's even remotely useful. Like, if you are in a situation where you have already used all other defensives (for personal heals you have an amazing Unnatural Preservation, anyway), and Dark Heal is the only option, it's going to be a wipe either way.

Stncold's Avatar


Stncold
01.11.2020 , 09:36 AM | #4
I seriously doubt anybody is making fun of you for playing sorc heal so that's some serious hyperbole. Healer balance is the best it's been in a long time. Each of them fills their intended role almost just right. Merc is the single target/burst, operative is the aoe, and sorc is the jack of all trades/utility. Whereas in 5.x sorc was pretty much the best at all three roles.

I agree sorc could use better tacticals but it would need to be done carefully or they'd go back to 5.x levels of being leagues ahead of the other two.
RIP The Fatman.

Ahwassa's Avatar


Ahwassa
01.11.2020 , 09:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Stncold View Post
Whereas in 5.x sorc was pretty much the best at all three roles.
I agree sorc could use better tacticals but it would need to be done carefully or they'd go back to 5.x levels of being leagues ahead of the other two.
Sorry but have you played nim operations and pvp in 5.9 and 6.x?
Merc is now the best healer in nim and pvp. In 5.9 merc and sorc were even in operations and pvp.
Some even say oper was the best healer in pvp.

Now the balance is complety off. Go in nim or hc and see sorcs getting outhealed and dpsed by mercs.

In 5.9 sorc was best in fast burst, merc best in single target and good aoe and oper the best aoe.
Now merc has all of that.

And yes mercs will make fun of you, because its so damn easy.

Stncold's Avatar


Stncold
01.11.2020 , 04:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
Sorry but have you played nim operations and pvp in 5.9 and 6.x?
Please don't assume that someone disagreeing with you hasn't done whatever is being discussed. It's a very poor form of conducting a debate and will immediately cause the person to take you less seriously. And no I haven't done nim. Yes I have done plenty of ranked and unranked.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
Merc is now the best healer in nim and pvp. In 5.9 merc and sorc were even in operations and pvp.
Some even say oper was the best healer in pvp.
I'm not disputing that mercs are the best overall healer right now. That I quite agree on.
As one who played all three in 5.x(haven't done much with my scoundrel healing in 6.0), I disagree on mercs and sorcs being even in both operations and pvp as well as ops being being best in pvp. The sheer ease needed to play a sorc at optimal level allowed for leniency in mistakes and their burst healing being quite strong at getting someone up quickly.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
Now the balance is complety off. Go in nim or hc and see sorcs getting outhealed and dpsed by mercs.
In my opinion that is how it should be. Mercs are not as easy to play as sorcs nor do they have as much group utility. Perhaps sorcs should be doing more healing though, and I think buffing the revitalized mystic set to give back more force would go towards that as it would be less GCD's spent on managing force. Definitely not healing more than mercs are though.

And mercs aren't better than sorcs in pvp because of their healing. They're better because of their defensives. In this burst meta where sins and operatives are doing 30% of someone in full tank gear's health in the blink of an eye and like 50-60% to non-tanks, the forgiving nature of merc DCD's offers them greater survivability in the current situation where you have to counterplay near perfectly to avoid being killed swiftly. Should deception/concealment burst get toned down, I think the playing field will be more even.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
And yes mercs will make fun of you, because its so damn easy.
I certainly haven't had this happen to me, but experiences do differ.
RIP The Fatman.

Ahwassa's Avatar


Ahwassa
01.11.2020 , 04:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Stncold View Post
1. Please don't assume that someone disagreeing with you hasn't done whatever is being discussed.

2. I disagree on mercs and sorcs being even in both operations and pvp as well as ops being being best in pvp.

3. Mercs are not as easy to play as sorcs nor do they have as much group utility.

4. And mercs aren't better than sorcs in pvp because of their healing. They're better because of their defensives.

5. I certainly haven't had this happen to me, but experiences do differ.
1. I apologize, but the sentence that sorcs were op in 5.x is just not true. Iīm tired to hear that.
Example: one (really good) oper is able to heal Mono hc alone - youīll need 3 sorcs to do that. So is operative op?

2. Let me explain: I main sorc and my friend mains merc (for a long time). In 5.x we played ops together, on some bosses he healed a bit more on others I did. In the end - we were even. Same in pvp. So yeah sorc and merc were even in ops and pvp.

3. Mercs are the easiest healer right now as they donīt have to watch heat management anymore.
Acually they have always been the easiest healer because how straightforward they are. You are giving roaming mend to much credit. Yes itīs fast but it also doesnīt heal that much and is sometimes buggy.

4. Mercs and sorcs have both great defs for pvp - but mercs heal that much more. So sorc is one tier lower.

5. Happend 3 times already - some healers even switched to merc to have an edge in Dxun.
I hope that february brings change - if not Iīll switch or quit - Iīm just tired of this.

The revitalized mystic set is ok. It could refund alot more force to be "the" healer set (Gathering storm is meta). The problem is the useless tacticals. I use "luck always changes" in messy fights because the other ones are so bad.

AllisonLightning's Avatar


AllisonLightning
01.13.2020 , 04:42 AM | #8
Sorcs were too strong for their entry point and that in 5.10. Half the problem is a situation which is far rarer these days for me as an operative/scoundrel heal main but noticeable now in spades across the board. Merc/mando heal spec needs to lose that tactical or have it's main power altered into something less god mode, it actively confuses me they denied sorc/sage healers the roaming mend tactical and put something this brokenly overpowered in the game.

They can't even begin to look at class balance for healers until that happens because Bodyguard/Combat Medic has no true energy management with that tactical and can switch into their ultra burst at will. It'll probably be easier to tell where things sit afterwards. The rule of thumb is if you can double class stack in a NiM Apex boss without a drawback, for ops/scoundrels, it's burst, for sorcs/sages, it's AoE. For mercs/commando healers, their current state overpowers what was once their weakness which was sustain/healing over time.

Anything like this is always going to overshadow other healing specs. I'm not saying they shouldn't give you guys the roaming mend tactical, because they should. I'm just saying it's hard to see what they need to do when one healer class is like that.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

TheVongbait's Avatar


TheVongbait
01.14.2020 , 05:55 PM | #9
They could create a new tactical item that makes Revivification spread Resurgence on all affected targets. HoT-Spreading could be the new thing to make Sorcs viable again.

Ahwassa's Avatar


Ahwassa
01.16.2020 , 03:22 AM | #10
"6.1 changes: Corruption
Sustaining Darkness now heals for roughly 12% more"

Sorry thats not enough.
Thats 1 k more in 75er content when the bubble bursts. (Less in 70er content and when the target is healed.)
Give us the roaming mend+1 tactical please.

Also you nerfed Gathering Force Set - that was a good healer set. Now please buff the mystic set bonus.