Can't Reenter instance after dying and killing boss to loot chest

Our group has had this happen a couple of times:

In False Emperor HM a person gets booted off the bridge but the rest of the group kill the boss. That person who got booted off cannot reenter the instance to loot the chest.

Or

In Taral V, we kill the boss barely and the adds kill what is left of the group (healer and tank died right before the boss was killed). Then none of us can reenter the instance to loot the body.

Has anyone had this happen and does anyone know if it will be fixed? Thanks

This is not a bug, it has happened many times and apparently it is intended. Don't fall off the ledge, or die, if you do not release, if you fell off the ledge and you have no choice, tell your team to not kill the boss and wipe themselves.

Can they not have people who die re-spawn at the beginning of the instance rather than lock them out of the loot? That doesn't make any sense to me. If it is working as intended and we did not kill the last boss and survive, have him reset and force the group to do it again rather than not have us be able to loot and lock us out of the instance. We did get credit for completing HM, but did not receive any loot for it.

This is not a bug, it has happened many times and apparently it is intended. Don't fall off the ledge, or die, if you do not release, if you fell off the ledge and you have no choice, tell your team to not kill the boss and wipe themselves.

I highly doubt this is "as designed". That's simply not fun and SWTOR is a game and should be fun. There's nothing more upsetting than to spend 2 hours of your night clearing a FP only to get to the climactic event of killing and looting the final boss ... only to die, not get credit for the kill, and not being able to enter the phase and loot.

If your group persists and kills the boss, you should be able to enter the instance and loot. You should get credit for the kill/completion even if you released.

I have bugged this situation twice now. Once for The False Emperor and once for Taral V.

If you do the same thing for a boss mid-FP you can enter and loot... why would it be any different for the final boss?

If this is "as designed" then it's a crap design and I'll quit.

I highly doubt this is "as designed". That's simply not fun and SWTOR is a game and should be fun. There's nothing more upsetting than to spend 2 hours of your night clearing a FP only to get to the climactic event of killing and looting the final boss ... only to die, not get credit for the kill, and not being able to enter the phase and loot.

If your group persists and kills the boss, you should be able to enter the instance and loot. You should get credit for the kill/completion even if you released.

I have bugged this situation twice now. Once for The False Emperor and once for Taral V.

If you do the same thing for a boss mid-FP you can enter and loot... why would it be any different for the final boss?

you havent completed the instance at mid, so you can come back. at final, if you kill the boss, he is dead, fp over. you cant re-enter during combat either, otherwise raids and fp would be incredibly easy in any mode.

welcome to hard mode. you dont get rewarded for dying here.

ps. samething happens in a raid, if there is nobody to rez, then nobody gets loot.....in other words L2wipe when necessary. endgame isnt completely WoW easy. to quote the devs "choices matter"

Edited by SamuraiCrazy

no. you are unable to re-enter while the group is in combat with a boss

Is that HM specific? I only ask because a mate and I were duoing a FP the other night. He died (and by he I mean me) and ressed out and was able to reenter. Then he (me) naievely ran to the boss and, upon approaching, the boss re spawned with full hp. This was a standard fp, athiss I believe, not a HM. Just want to know if the rules are different.

Edited by Elaril

Is that HM specific?

i've re-entered on hk in reg many times while lvling, but cannot in hm foundry. so im gonna say yes. also unable to re-enter during boss fights, so if its not a wipe, dont release. if it's a hm and you're group cant reach you for a rez. hope they wipe for you

Yep, if you kill the Commander on HM BP and wipe to the medic or massay after, you get locked out. The quest trigger is on the commanders death rather than the last one killed. This happened to my group a few days ago, still waiting to hear back from CS.

you havent completed the instance at mid, so you can come back. at final, if you kill the boss, he is dead, fp over. you cant re-enter during combat either, otherwise raids and fp would be incredibly easy in any mode.

welcome to hard mode. you dont get rewarded for dying here.

ps. samething happens in a raid, if there is nobody to rez, then nobody gets loot.....in other words L2wipe when necessary. endgame isnt completely WoW easy. to quote the devs "choices matter"

No matter how you string it the concept is still BS. It's like going to work because you need to get gas for your car, and after you get paid your car runs out of gas before you can get to the gas station, and then because you didn't make it to the gas station to buy the gas someone takes your money away.

It's kind of hard to make a choice about when you wipe given certain conditions too. For example the boss is at 2%, kills 3 people because of a DOT he throws out on everyone, has dots rolling on himself, in less than half a second the parties DOTs take him down, and then in less than half a second it kills the last member of the party. Sorry no loot for you.

The fact is the boss died. If the boss dies then you get loot. Period. End of discussion.

i've re-entered on hk in reg many times while lvling, but cannot in hm foundry. so im gonna say yes. also unable to re-enter during boss fights, so if its not a wipe, dont release. if it's a hm and you're group cant reach you for a rez. hope they wipe for you

Thanks for the info.

It's kind of hard to make a choice about when you wipe given certain conditions too. For example the boss is at 2%, kills 3 people because of a DOT he throws out on everyone, has dots rolling on himself, in less than half a second the parties DOTs take him down, and then in less than half a second it kills the last member of the party. Sorry no loot for you.

The fact is the boss died. If the boss dies then you get loot. Period. End of discussion.

i'd have to call bs on dots ticking the bosses life in half a second.

otherwise you died before the boss did. unfortunately you ran into an extremely rare occasion as most dots will not hit nearly that hard unless you have rakata crit gear. which i'd have to say you most likely do not as you're just learning this mechanic and ranting about lost gear. just be glad it wasnt a raid boss

i'd have to call bs on dots ticking the bosses life in half a second.

otherwise you died before the boss did. unfortunately you ran into an extremely rare occasion as most dots will not hit nearly that hard unless you have rakata crit gear. which i'd have to say you most likely do not as you're just learning this mechanic and ranting about lost gear. just be glad it wasnt a raid boss

You can be as pedantic as you want but it doesn't make my point any less valid.

This just happened to me on Hard Mode False Emperor, got knocked off the ledge a few seconds before the group killed the boss. And the chest piece for my class dropped. Frustrating spending a few hours working through the quest for the first time and getting absolutely nothing for it.

Yep, if you kill the Commander on HM BP and wipe to the medic or massay after, you get locked out. The quest trigger is on the commanders death rather than the last one killed. This happened to my group a few days ago, still waiting to hear back from CS.

for future reference, have tank grab commander and run back up the stairs. both dps and healer stay down and nuke the healer, ignore the melee guy as he deals little to no dmg (and wont aggro as long as dps single targets the medic like they should be doing). tank should be fine as long as you dont take forever on the nuke, take down the commander then melee guy as he's nothing special.

yes, thats it. im showing off my knowledge of something to make your point less valid.... :rolleyes:

No. You are overly concerned with the minute details/formalisms, as characterized by your earlier reply where you focused on the actual hard number of the example itself not the meaning of the example. If you're going to look a word up on the internet at least make sure you look at all the definitions. :rolleyes:

Anyways the point remains.

No. You are overly concerned with the minute details/formalisms, as characterized by your earlier reply where you focused on the actual hard number of the example itself not the meaning of the example. If you're going to look a word up on the internet at least make sure you look at all the definitions. :rolleyes:

Anyways the point remains.

well either the it happened or it didnt. if it happened you take it for what happened.

either way, you are not the only one this has happened to. and as far as false emperor goes, maybe you should not stand near a ledge, or at an angle from the boss which can result in you getting pushed off it. this will also prove useful in other encounters

in tara V, kill the adds first next time...or only kill the boss first if you can sufficiently kill the adds afterwards. live and learn.

if you want to rant to cs go ahead, this had been confirmed to an intended mechanic. get over it or dont, up to you.

also did anybody try a hard reset?

• 3 weeks later...

There is also no way in hell this is intended....this more or less always happens to the tank and the Death the guy is talking about has nothing to do with poor healing or bad tanking...

Malgus has an attack that throws the Tank across the room and unless you hit something you just keep going...

The Instance need's you to drag Malgus to the Bridge and use grenade's at a specific time to knock him over...otherwise he is un-beatable..

If he perform's the knock back attack on the tank as he is being dragged the Tank 5/10 gets knocked off the side and usually the group have already launched the grenade's to knock him over....

What the hell sort of a Boss mechanic results in a player (9/10 the tank) being unable to loot, complete the instance / daily and in some case's a weekly simply because of BAD LUCK....

Edited by Nippon

There is also no way in hell this is intended....this more or less always happens to the tank and the Death the guy is talking about has nothing to do with poor healing or bad tanking...

Malgus has an attack that throws the Tank across the room and unless you hit something you just keep going...

The Instance need's you to drag Malgus to the Bridge and use grenade's at a specific time to knock him over...otherwise he is un-beatable..

If he perform's the knock back attack on the tank as he is being dragged the Tank 5/10 gets knocked off the side and usually the group have already launched the grenade's to knock him over....

What the hell sort of a Boss mechanic results in a player (9/10 the tank) being unable to loot, complete the instance / daily and in some case's a weekly simply because of BAD LUCK....

nope. the knockback is 100% avoidable. yelling bugs or rng when you make a mistake is not an excuse.

what's the most common think tanks do to keep from getting thrown? definitely not putting your back against the wall :rolleyes:

Edited by SamuraiCrazy