Rate the storyline so far(No spoilers!)

Stradlin

Let's evaluate the storylines! Also let us do it in fashion free of spoilers! If enough people bother replying, results can potentialy be pretty telling and great help when figuring out what to reroll.

Rate each storyline using numbers between 1 and 10, 1 being utter sith and 10 being greatest thing since Planescape. Please specify how much of the story you have experienced.

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inquisitor - 3.5/10

Finished

Sith Warrior 8/10

Finished

( Jedi Knight 5/10

ACT I and II something like 3/10, - finally - gets much better towards the end of storyline.

Agent

7/10

Half way through Act 2

Edited by Stradlin

Maybe it's too early for me to reply since I am still very early in the storylines, but I will anyway :)

Bounty Hunter 7.5/10...

(I am still on chapter 1). it's good, but in a way it's kind of mundane so far. Then again, it's also early so the Great Hunt might pick up a bit/ have a little more intrigue and twists and turns soon. I'd like to see this story a little darker too... time will tell.

Smuggler 9/10...

(I am still in chapter 1) I love that basically it's a high adventure--the stuff I would love to do in RL if I could live a carefree adventure and had a limitless bankroll to do it. It's truly a light hearted, carpe diem story! I basically play the Smuggler for the story lines (the Smuggler story and Corso's).

Edited by Jilla

Smuggler 9/10...

(I am still in chapter 1) I love that basically it's a high adventure--the stuff I would love to do in RL if I could live a carefree adventure and had a limitless bankroll to do it. It's truly a light hearted, carpe diem story! I basically play the Smuggler for the story lines (the Smuggler story and Corso's).

Indeed.. and at least the male smuggler has some of the best one liners in the game. Definitely falls somewhere between Han Solo and Captain Jack Sparrow

End of Act I as Jedi Guardian. Looks like a pretty good story line so far. Killing Darth Angral was a pain, and spent a lot of money on stims and repairs to finally get the timing down. defeated him at lvl 32, when he was a lvl 33 elite. I am really enjoying this game thus far. Although, i would like to see more done with space missions. having free reign over the ship would be better than the old style of just follow where it takes ya.

Indeed.. and at least the male smuggler has some of the best one liners in the game. Definitely falls somewhere between Han Solo and Captain Jack Sparrow

And a little Captain Jack Harkness too ;) I mean with all the flirting and such.

I have a female smuggler... and I still get those great, dry wit lines. Although poor Corso, he's so naive that it makes me feel like my smuggler is a cougar! lol. My hunter is female too, although I don't think that really changes anything.

Edited by Jilla

as fun as the class stories for inquisitors, agents, and troopers are, I'd say 6/10 for all of them. simply because the MMO elements in the game interfere too much for immersion to take hold of you. at levels 24-50 is when the MMOniss actually started to bother me.

Jedi Knight lvl 43... 10/10.. , or as i would call it KOTOR 3...

SPOILER>.. Really, though the moment I stepped on the Emperor's fortress,painstakingly fought my way into the throne room( the whole experience so similar to the Assault on the StarForge) into one of the awesome confrontation ever,.... I died and went to SW heaven.

Thats generally my entire sentiment, towards the game. And at no point did i feel I wasnt playing an RPG, outside of FPs and Heroics... and you can totally skip those and solo the whole thing...

Player population has been generally sparse, so almost no distraction, constant immersion....

Trooper lvl. 25

10/10 Great Story, and plenty of twists and turns.

Still early, but great!

I second that. I am a 41 Trooper Vanguard and just finished Chapter/act 2. IT was fantastic. I thought act 1 story and ending was good but act 2 was even better and I really liked the story and quests on Hoth.

Bounty Hunter: 8/10 -- Very well executed, suffers a bit from being kinda bland and doldrum in spots, but only in spots. Definitely gonna appeal to anyone that likes the idea of slow-walking away from a giant explosion.

Sith Inquisitor: Chapter 1: 10/10 -- Superb opening chapter. Couldn't be better in any realistic, setting-relevant manner. If it never changes thematically, it will never go wrong.

Sith Inquisitor: Chapter 2: 2/10 -- They...got a different story team or dude or something to write and direct chapter 2, I think. Without throwing spoilers, I will say that I can see what it's TRYING to do...but all it succeeds in accomplishing until the very end is bludgeoning you with railroad tracks and jumping up and down on you like a vindictive game master going "lol lol so stupid is you!" for being kicked down the railroad tracks lain before us.

Ways to improve chapter 2: Two words: Railroad. Tracks. How many cut scenes can we be randomly slammed with in which decisions and their conclusions are made for us and we're merely being...drug along for the highly unfulfilling ride? Sith Inquisitor's chapter 2 is an embarassment and almost a fraud of storytelling compared to the gem that is Chapter 1.

The thematics aren't why. It's the fact that nothing you do, choose, say or approach from any angle matters. As a Sith Lord, you're still being herded around by not only your former master (why you'd be listening to her at that point for reasons I shall not spoil, I don't know) but also your new minions. You're still dangling from the bottom of the ladder, doing all the grunt work.

At no point do you receive any meaningful input on how to proceed with the situations you're railroaded face first into, and when you're backhanded with a certain cut scene I shall not describe, all the goodness and neat-o feel of Chapter 1 just kind've crashes down around your ears.

And then you run around and do some rather boring, repetetive map-criss crossing crap that was about as engaging as it sounds only to be slapped with another cut scene in which you suck and are, if you're me anyway, left wishing you could have the past twenty hours of your life playing this inquisitor back.

There's nothing you can do about it. Short of literally avoiding the class questline altogether, you can't even pretend to avoid it or do anything. To flirt with a spoiler, rocks fall, you die. Your minions herd you around to find your shovel of circumstance.

Oh, wait, lol, you're stupid for using the shovel of circumstance, now go fix yourself before more rocks fall and you die some more.

The ending of chapter 2 is insufficient to make up for the fumbling lameness of the entire rest of the chapter. Sure, you get your come-uppance, but it feels like its far too little, way too late.

Moral of the story: Never, ever flail a player with railroad tracks, immerse them in belligerence about how stupid they are for where YOUR RAILROAD TRACKS forced them to go and then handwave the whole 'your choices matter' fulcrum point of...most of the game...with cut scenes that are definitively terrible and serve only, from a storytelling perspective, to kick you further down the railroad tracks.

In short, I think Chapter 2 for inquisitors was written by somebody that was a very mad bro at that you weren't abused enough in Chapter 1. You got fulfilling and interesting story stuff? How dare you; here's an entire chapter in which you're retarded because I say so, and here's a Marty Stu to be the vector of my wrath upon you.

I dunno, if it were a novel, I'd feel robbed of the purchasing price. By comparison, BH Chapter 2 is great. SW chapter 2 is great so far (only midway through that one). You get choices; stuff happens in which you get to respond and at least feel like you're choosing which side of the tracks you're gonna stand on.

Inquisitor chapter 2 Summary: Your title of Lord is a lie and you're going to spend 95% of the chapter feeling like whoever wrote and directed the chapter hates you personally. The conclusion may or may not feel all the more rewarding for it, but to me, it was entirely too little and far too late, and when I roll another inquisitor to play a Sorc variety instead of an Assassin, you can bet that chapter 2's gonna see a lot of me mashing the space bar and escape button so I don't have to look at the retardation any more than I absolutely must.

So, there's how I really feel. Moving along.

Chapter 2, summarized. Very unrewarding chapter. I feel like whomever wrote and directed it should be flogged, fired and never permitted to assemble letters into words ever again.

But chapter 1 really is a gem!

Sith Warrior -- Chapter 1: 8/10 -- Everything was good and very well executed, though I was left wanting more in some spots. Irrelevant to the story, but very relevant to the cumulative experience, is that SW, especially Marauder, just sucks to play for the tissue-paper feel and not having enough cannon to go with all that glass.

Marauder feels, until the mid 30's, like the class designer had no clue what they were doing with melee DPS. Juggernaut feels alright by contrast, and gets really awesome by 32 in the hands of an aggressive player, but Marauder never felt like it really picked up for me, and that really colored my experience with the storyline.

At least until I later rolled a Jugg and felt like I'd gone from Stupid mode difficulty to merely Normal mode, which was a lot nicer on the experience as a whole and let me appreciate the story sans the fugued haze of frustration that my whole Marauder experience left me with.

To me, at least, things like that matter. If the scenery's lovely but the vehicle to explore and experience it is frustrating and annoying, it colors the whole experience for me. Thankfully, I rolled that Jugg and got to see all of Chapter 1 with a class that isn't in dire need of having the Suck and Fail wrung out of it.

Otherwise, I'd have no rating to offer thus far on the Warrior line at all. Marauder just flat sucks as yet, and I won't play it until they tighten it up at least as well as Juggernaut.

Edited by Uruare

Sith Warrior, (Story Complete, lvl 50):

6/10

This is ofcourse not judging side quests, just the Class Quests.

I felt like it started off pretty great, and the climax actually brought a tear to my eye with

the epicness, but the inbetween was.. Ok at times and less so in others.

Main concerns for me is the fact Vette is completely unbreakable, and she even taunts you saying "It doesnt even hurt anymore." if you shock her for it, so basically you have to remove her collar early or prepare to be dissapointed.

Second big concern is Quinn's betrayal and the lack of a choice to kill him, basically what you can do is slap him around a bit and then you are FORCED to forgive him, wich does not only make you dislike the character but potentially your own character aswell for not doing what you want too, and except for one short conversation after the betrayal he never shows any real regret.

This could easily be fixed with allowing players to freeze him in carbonite, cage him in the hold, add a "Are you sure?" button with explanations or simply remove the whole scene since for some reason the kill option USED to be there but got removed because people ****ed up.

Third and non class specific concern is the way they completely screwed up Revan, made him a generic mid lvl boss that looked like a random npc and barely similar to the one from Kotor.

This character is supposed to be the biggest and baddest of them all pretty much, with a unknown Gender (simply never takes the mask of or speaks, its REVAN he doesnt need too.).

Agent Prologue: Great. The best introduction of any class quest. You get interesting characters, tough morale choices and finishes off with a massive twist few people likely saw coming. The central plots of each planet tie very nicely in with the Agent story as well.

Agent Chapter 1: Honestly? Rather drab. It felt very repetitive; Here is a terrorist cell on X planet, go and destroy it by killing the leader, repeat. The Aldeeran twist was nice though and the finale was suitably epic but I felt the 'surprise' on who the traitor was felt very predictable. Darth Zhorrid also vanishes into thin out without any explaination. The morale choices were also extremely grey during this Chapter and although that was always a reoccurring theme in the story anyway they took the forefront here.

Agent Chapter 2: I see what they tried to do, but it felt rather jarring. I am supposed to be infiltrating the SIS and I get that, but somehow they can ignore the main story quests where I basicly screwed the Republic out of rebuilding Taris and claimed Quesh and Hoth for the Empire? Yeeaahh, the main story felt very out of place here. I also felt we didn't really get enough interaction with the SIS team with the exception of Chance. The way the Empire is copped out of getting the Shadow Arsenal also felt contrived and done just to return the status quo.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

Let's evaluate storylines we have played thus far. Also let us do it in fashion free of spoilers! If enough people bother replying, results can potentialy be pretty telling and great help when figuring out what to reroll.

Rate each storyline using numbers between 1 and 10, 1 being utter sith and 10 being greatest thing since Planescape. Please specify how much of the story you have experienced.

..and add nothing else! Don't tell why you thought the storyline is so bad/good so this remains readable to those who fear spoilers.

From what i've played,

Trooper; 9.5 for act one, 3 for act two, 2.5 for the rest.

Sith warrior; 8 for act one, 8.5 for the rest.

Sith inquisitor; 5 for act one, 3.5 for the rest

Jedi knight; 8 for act one, 9ish for the rest, the last act is great.

Trooper 6/10. Started out great, was fun but your decisions at the end of acts seemed to have no consequences.

Biggest issue is we handled the interesting villain after act one. They never gave us a villain who was interesting/worth being cared about the rest of the way.

I did enjoy the story mind you... I just kinda think we would have been better off if the "Villain" from act one had stuck around the whole game as our nemesis.

Bount Hunter 7/10.

At the start it gave you the impression that you were part of something ''Great''. However at the end of act 1 you are left kinda disappoint. It gets really repetetive in act 2. Just started Act 3 but from what I've seen so far it will be as repetetive as the rest.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished Inquisitor storyline. 4/10 overall. Really improves towards end of C3 but it is too little too late. First two chapters remind me of first action cRPGs of early 90's/late 80's.

Sith Warrior: Starting C2 now, 8.5/10

Agent in middle of C1, 7/10

Edited by Stradlin

Jedi Knight First part - 5/10 - boring and very weak feeling class to top it off. Feels like I'm 'channelled' into picking certain dialogue options and doing things a certain way.

Bounty Hunter First part - 7.5/10 - Straight away a step up from Jedi Knight. Cool moves and combat 'flows' a lot better. Also attacks do decent damage!