Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

_SaInT_
01.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #621
No rollback? What are these *********** thinking? way to just in 1 day destroy the game....

darthtoph
01.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by Malist View Post
FYI this screenshot is NOTHING - I saw multiple others online today where the bonus was +110, not 40... and the guys screen was full! That's 2600 valor, give or take, in what his screen showed alone, give it a few hours at that rate and he's sitting high on the hog right now.
^ This. The screenshot the previous poster linked is of me, I went to Ilum and took it to prove a point:

1. The stupidy that is the 1.1 Patch and Ilum PvP far outclasses Warzone valor gain
2. I'm a Republic Sentinel Watchman = pure single target melee class (****** aoe aside)
3. As a Sentinel I suffer bigtime from ability stuttering
4. Throw random black/loading screens during gameplay into the mix

How much do you think Imps camping the Republic base while controlling all 5 points were doing every minute while casting decent AoE? A sith bud of mine told me about it, that's why I went to Ilum, took the screenshot, completed the daily/weekly and got out.

Imps were easily farming +2K valor points every minute. Can you say broken?

1.1 Patch is fail on so many levels its beyond epic.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

bklynfinest
01.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #623
What exactly is the "extreme measure" they'll be taking?

EA is too greedy to ban people so unless you reroll their individual chars I don't really see them doing anything except a slap on the wrist

MythranCombine
01.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #624
Way to spit on players that worked hard to get rank 60 over the past weeks. Now it only takes a few hours. Unsubscribed.

myolinyr
01.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by thaCHEA View Post
1) This is a new MMO, there will be bugs from untested content, and prompt fixes and balances put in place...the same happened in vanilla for WoW

2) All the players crying about rollbacks and valor gains...quit crying. 18 hours of Ilum will boost valor levels, but it's getting fixed. Your crown of being a "legit" battlemaster means absolutely nothing when your actually pvp'ing

3) This sense of entitlement that the majority of the complainers in this thread are exhibiting is ridiculous. Where do you get off thinking that your silly threat to unsub, or the bashing of BioWare means anything? It's an empty threat, and if you actually unsub from a game because of a simple bug that has been addressed and in motion for patching within 12 hours of it being discovered...you need to grow up.

Yes I've been frustrated with EV regular and hardmode bugs, but I got over it and waited for the patch. It's ONE MONTH from release and there is already new content...grow up...enjoy the game. Stop sitting in the imperial fleet with your black core lightsaber and title, jumping on the mailbox attempting to impress virtual acquaintances.

GJ BioWare. Mistakes are always made and you have a bad position because there will ALWAYS be people that are unhappy. This game is what I've waited years for, and the rest of you should be more appreciative.
Will you adopt me?

Joynur
01.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #626
Cancelled.

Lying to your customer base is terrible.

Not actually fixing the problem with a rollback is worse. Republic was already getting farmed, this made it infinitely worse.

LaManoNera
01.18.2012 , 07:44 PM | #627
Surely, reducing the pop cap in Illum is just a TEMPORARY solution while they work diligently on upgrading their server infrastructure to facilitate large PvP encounters? Surely!
♥ Love ♥
Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

doctorfirepants
01.18.2012 , 07:44 PM | #628
Why are so many people calling for a rollback. For the republic players who kept zoning into Ilum knowing you were going to get farmed, you are responsible for all the valor gained by the Imps today. Yes, the bases were never supposed to be able to be invaded, and that is biowares fault, but if you knew there was a problem but still choose to go there then there is no one to blame but yourself. Guess what, if you had simply left, no one would have gained valor unless it was earned in a WZ.
CE

TheFigment
01.18.2012 , 07:44 PM | #629
Honestly, BW won't do a DAMN THING about the folks that they claim are exploiting this. Not a single damned thing.

I guess it's going to be Panda time reaaal soon.

Biiz
01.18.2012 , 07:44 PM | #630
It rare that i write on official forum ... but for this time i will

1.1 patch is a major fail for PVP on Illum

Im Republic Valor 57 and trust me i have play hard and many WZ to hit lv 57 valor i have spend alot time and effort to grind Valor

and today i log and watch illum PVP fail ...

This is really unacceptable that Empire just get 10 valor rank in like 4hours just by camping rez point .. 200 valor per kill ? are you fool ?
i play WZ and win often it give me 1500 1600 valor in a good match ...match take like 15min + 10min waiting to pop queue ..

BUT camping spawn point 200 valor per kill &? and you dont even have to kill the target !?
and no roll back !?

you guys just cut all my desire to play competitive pvp on swtor

You guys just fail hard on this patch im in a 500 guild member Republic and we are all saying *** !?

You guys must do a reroll and trust me alot will just cancel account