Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

malignment
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.
It should be pretty easy to fix across the board without making anyone that mad.

Quick script, here's the jist: IF Player_valor_gain on TODAY > 30000, lower player valor gain to 30,000. Seems fair and balanced to me.

Seriously, do something concrete, and don't give us these mysterious statements about certain individuals and looking closely at situations garbage.

Abriael
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by crazycantab View Post
It's all bind on pickup type stuff. That means your character can't wear it.
Awww too bad. I was eager to share it with the millions that will remain as we laugh together at the few silly goons that left because Bioware didn't roll back EVERYONE, including those that got their progression through legitimate gameplay, while specifying that they would look into removing the progression of those that Misbehaved.

Yeah. Such a travesty.

Oh wait.

Lemme reiterate. If you're demanding a rollback of everyone to take away the progression of the FEW (compared to the majority of the whole playerbase) that exploited, ad that will be individually looked at anyway, you all need a new brain.

The vast majority of the playerbase isn't even in it's forties right now.

VladeMarkov
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #543
Hey BioWare.... thanks for listening to our complaints and stuff. Bummer people took advantage of an issue, but I still love the game and plan on resubbing as many times possible.

I realize this is y'alls first stab at MMO type stuff so good job so far. I plain on sticking with you as long as possible as I am a big fan of everything you do and can only imagine what else may be instore for those of us that stick out these initial hiccups.

Please don't fire anyone.... jobs are scarce right now and they have families to feed.
Roll Operative for shivs and giggles .
Zombiezee - 55 Operative medic

DarthAladar
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #544
I realize that everyone else is saying this too, but I think the community feels the same way all around. If the servers are not rerolled and valor that was gained today taken back, I will surely be canceling my subscription. I hit rank 65 yesterday and was quite pleased, but to log on today to see people who were only rank 50 yesterday passing me up pretty much put me over the edge. The choice is souly up to Bioware, but I'd hate to already have to start looking to Guild Wars 2's release to give me the type of pvp and pvp system that I am looking for.

Deathrupter
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by ErnieVega View Post
lol i understand you are upset, but making up numbers and threatening to threaten to cancel your sub is not really going to help. They have said that they are looking into the exploit and how to deal with it. that should be enough i think.

I worked my butt of to get 50 valor. People getting to BM rank in a matter of hours is unacceptable.

They can fix the exploit, but that won't change the damage that has been done and the only thing to do so is to have roll back.

And no one tell me that this is normal. I know I'm not helping but I payed for this game. Money doesn't grow on trees

Zarthorn
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #546
Ive kept quiet and waited for a response and now we have one Ill say my piece.

What an absolute set of spoiled brats this generation of gamers has become!

Im actually appauled you even dare to call yourselves hardcore anything.

The man gave you an answer he told you ilum will be pretty much inaccessable until its fixed... So what a few people now have battlemaster title which means what? Oh thats right its a title!

They still have to get bags to gear and that means commendations which wasnt the issue since commendations were not the thing being farmed, only valor.

So they got a title and you act like they just got given a full pvp armor set for free which they did not.

Honestly where the hell are your spines? Why are you acting like you are in your terrible twos over something meaningless.

Get a damn grip and get over yourselves and your pointless title.

At least the real issue will now be fixed and tbh a few more angry children will be lost.

Archaar
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #547
Honestly Bioware what were you thinking? You just killed your own game.

maradigamer
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
Will the cap be the same for both factions? (50 rep vs 50 empire)

Otherwise we'll see things like 20 rep vs 80 empire....
I was wondering about this, too. Maybe they'll look at ways to cap it so the numbers are more even.

Broin
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #549
PERCEPTION IS KEY

FIgure it out Bioware
#The Furious Angels#
Broin - Master of Emeritus
Website|The Signal|HQ
Libertas|Emeritus|Veritas|Aequitas|Praelium|Ad Astra|Velox

xpactor
01.18.2012 , 07:37 PM | #550
yeah they need to do a rollback or i will unsub also like some already did.
they just need to rollback the valor points to a certain time which is logged on their servers.
the only problem with this rollback though is if they could identify which valor points are earned through warzones or player killing at ilum.