Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Broin
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #531
Doesn't matter if it gave extra valor or not....

It is the perception of it. That is all it takes.....

Hopefully they will figure that out
#The Furious Angels#
Broin - Master of Emeritus
Website|The Signal|HQ
Libertas|Emeritus|Veritas|Aequitas|Praelium|Ad Astra|Velox

MookieFett
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by Macabrae View Post
Why do a Valor reset? The Devs just stated there is no Valor gained from the turrets like all the stupid trolls were saying and there are diminishing returns on killing the players. So with that said I seriously doubt the amount of Valor gained from some of these "BS" trolling posts.

I would need to see some actual pics that clearly define their valor gained cause after this "BS" storm of post saying crap that wasn't true like "I got my level 20 alt Battlemaster in a couple hours today".

Fact is people way over reacted today and did so to a bunch of trolls making crap up. Since this is truly the case then I don't think any longer the Devs need to do a rollback.
im getting 200 valor per kill now, there is no diminishing lol.

DarthChamberlin
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #533
Camping sith is obvious camping sith
╣║║║║║║╟Θ╟ =████████████████████████████████ Join TKDS

DooPA
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #534
I can take hitting 50 in less than 6 days /played, although it has taken me twice as long in other MMOs. I can take getting my full Champion set in less than 8 days /played, although I still had a grind to go before new gear would be avaiblable. I actually looked forward to spending another month grinding warzones and getting to battlemaster - I am currently valor rank 46.

But now, that something that will take me weeks to complete, others of the opposing faction have done in a few hours. This takes all the will to play away from me. This ruins the game for me. Every Imperial battlemaster I lose to in a 1 on 1 fight, by a smidgin of health, I'll have to ask myself - What if?

On the bright side I will be reclaiming more of my life. This has been a dark month. Goodbye and good riddance.
Xen Satori (Vengeance Guild) - Helm of Graush Server

Rob_the_Red
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #535
Amazing
RIP SWG
Aklaso <VAULT> Master Swordsman/Master Doc PvE God and rocketeer
Rellik <VAULT> Jedi Guardian pre pub 9
McGarnicle <PWNY> Rodian Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire
I test games for a living and get payed for it

Zaidane
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #536
Unsubbed. GG bioware, er, not even gg...

SoupyNuggs
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Thanks for NOT rolling back so the vast majority of people who levelled today don't see their work wasted

The attitude of posters right now is just shameful, just show what MMOs have become: from virtual worlds you get yourself immersed into, to senseless e-sport competitions.
WEeeelll, despite your misplaced gratitude to Bioware, you have to admit the sheer amount of people dissatisfied and unsubbing is justified. When a rational person commits time and energy to achieve something, only to have another achieve that same result (or greater) for a fraction of the effort (by no fault of said rational person), they have a right to respond in anger/frustration/disappointment.

Just because YOU haven't experienced this while YOU are leveling, doesn't give you the right to pass judgement on others.

SithtobeJedi
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by SephiusUK View Post
No rollback? Seriously!?

As a Jedi Guardian I not only have to work 10x harder (because I have a ****** class) to get to rank 50, yet Imps (who already have it easy) have gone from rank 40 to 55 in under an hour. It's a joke.

It's like my luck couldn't get any worse. The past 18 pvp bags gave me no epics, then I got an epic (bracers which I already owned) then went another 10 bags with nothing, then finally an epic (again -- bracers that I already owned). And now next time I log I have to put up with Battlemaster operatives 1 shotting me?

It's like.. Why should I even bother. It's not as if I'm enjoying the gameplay -- I have a GTX 580 and i7-960 at 3.2ghz yet I get 15-25 FPS in warzones.

Honestly, where are you Guild Wars 2?

ANOTHER person that didn't read all of the first post ^_^
"Never argue with a fool, from a distance no one can tell the difference."
◙[//////////]:◙:{♦}X{█████████████████████████████)

Aneu
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by Exponentially View Post
BUT REPUBLIC WAS NOT DOING THIS BW IS LYING LOLOL /sarcasm
Thats the republic base you noob.
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Aneu

"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

cashogy
01.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #540
this is not a fix of any kind. its barely even a band-aid to the gaping wound that is world pvp on ilum.

insta killing people on entering the base will solve nothing. people will figure out where the boundary is, and camp players as they exit the base. they will camp the taxi/respawn points out on the battlefield.

the lag is NOT on our end. i have two nvidia gtx 570 cards in SLI. this game likely does not take advantage of that, but on the fleet and in ilum currently, the game is utilizing barely 35% of my graphics card to render characters and the rest of the game.

i have a top of the line pc, and < 10 FPS at any point in this game is insane. you make it seem as if this game is graphically intensive. i play battlefield 3 on ultra settings. constant 70+ FPS. youre telling me that this game, with the dumbed down graphics youre currently forcing on us, is more graphically intensive than one of the MOST graphically intensive games in gaming history? LOL

no valor rollback? youre kidding right? you say that players are abusing the system, but youre not gonna punish them for the abuse. youre slowly approaching SOE as ffar as blatant developer stupidity.

optimize your goddam game bioware. and do it fast, before you lose an enormous chunk of your player base.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads