Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kashley
01.18.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1521
Quote: Originally Posted by darthtoph View Post
Screw this, add me to the 'subscription cancelled' list. I can't take this **** no more.

Not only did BW screw up bigtime whatever PvP that was left but they also introduced the following bugs:

- Random black/loading screen during gameplay every now and then, PvP and Warzones included
- Random black/loading screen between loading screens (lol)
- FPS decrease
- Ability stuttering increase (***)
- Total faction imbalance
- Broken valor system

And this. Just... this:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3092/bwusuck.jpg

How on earth am I supposed to tell if 5 is on CD or not off the corner of my eye when the icons are lit constantly and locked to the bottom of my screen? I never used to look at my quickbars, now I gotta pay more attention to them than to the actual action. A quick glance won't do. Couldn't you at least have modified the blue icons with another color? That would have taken 5 minutes tops, be it in Photoshop or Paint...

When the CD notifier is the same color as most of your ability icons = Fail

Nor did BW fix any of the following bugs:
- Green walls all over the place
- Peeps randomly falling through elevators
- Peeps randomly ending up stuck in space during Warzones
- Peeps randomly falling through the floor during HMs
- Ability stuttering
- Crew Skills (Biochem is still way superior)
- No money sinks (peeps are literally giving it away)
- Stuck social/light/dark side bars
- Doc 'Crazy Talk' quest bug
+ many more

BW have no idea how to run a MMO and their customer support is worse than NCfails legendary tech monkeys... I'm not spending another dime on this game until we get a rollback and/or fire Gabe.

O look, someone who gets it. BioWare, see this guys post? Positive Criticism... In case you didn't know BioWare (because obviously you didn't since you have addressed none of this) this is the **** thats WRONG with your game!!!! At least some of it. FFS, now this today? Really, one month? This is gonna be the biggest flop in MMO history...

Blizzard is laughing so hard at you right now that they cant even see straight, and GW2 devs are jizzing in their pants knowing they are gonna pick up a ton of the subs you just bled out here today when they release. Good game....
Insert witty signature here.

Kellindell
01.18.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1522
No rollback is unreal. The small amount of people it would effect who were legit grinding today does not outweigh the enormous amount of people who abused this system and will probably go unpunished due to the sheer amount of people who did it and how impossible it will be for bioware to track them all down.

Also, im putting money down that more of the republic who did this gets punished then Sith do.

Its going to be so awesome entering into level 50 warzones facing opponents who all have max valor and BiS gear.

That will certainly keep alot of your player base...

Hillarious
01.18.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1523
Quote: Originally Posted by CTSmith View Post
Has to be the most ridiculous response ive read all day, thanks for that.
Indeed.
When is Customer Service ever just sending inane relies to customers ?

doctorfirepants
01.18.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1524
Quote: Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I actually hope they are taking note, and make sure that their stuff is tight -- and that they dont try to just BS the community like BW is doing.

It is common to have bugs and errors. It is what level of bugs and how you respond to them, that really makes a difference.

Waiting all day to do nothing, be dishonest to the community, and then try to 'give them a cookie', is just the wrong approach for my dollar.
Making rash decisions is not the way to solve problems either. Shutting down the servers would affect a larger portion of the players than the ones just on Ilum. The lvl 50's make a small portion of the player base right now. Not to mention the fact that for hours today, fools bought into the turrets giving massive valor ridiculousness. They probably spent some time trying to track down the validity of that claim seeing as how many people actually believed it. Republicans knew they were getting farmed though, yet they kept coming. Wouldn't the smart thing to do as a republican have been to simply avoid the zone until it was fixed, ask for free game time to make up for the portion of the game they were denied because some people took advantage of a bug. If you had avoided the zone no one would of gotten valor. Not like huge valor gains were made. Larger than normal, yes, but no one is walking around as a battlemaster now because of it.
CE

GatorSixCharlie
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1525
Quote: Originally Posted by Hillarious View Post
Professional footballers appeal to the ref.

We are appealing to the ref in a passionate manner.

This thread has nothing to do with your past gaming addiction.
Sir, your response is rational and reasonable, I am referring to people who are neither...

And using your metaphor of a player appealing a referee, I would say a player screaming at a referee and then leaving the field and refusing to play to be a tad more accurate to the general tone of this thread...

ErnieVega
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1526
Quote: Originally Posted by BulbousNeckbeard View Post
canceled, gl to those who stay, staying away from future bioware games.
having fun!
The Initiative
Vrook Lamar

Silentskurl
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1527
is it bad that im comparing this to FFXIV fiasco.

Jiralya
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1528
Quote: Originally Posted by CTSmith View Post
Then you must be imperial. I tend to be one of the top people on my teams, and on MY server (all servers are not the same) i lose 3/4 matches. Granted i always do great dps and hold points well, i still only top about 7-8 medals on a good run, and it is far from constant.

Again, i think you are playing on the side that has the bias, therefor it is not as obvious to you. Oh, and i get around 500-600 valor for a loss on average, unless that has been changed as well.
Just a tip for warzone: Never ever queue up alone, make a skilled team of 4 that can pretty much carry whole team in warzone, means easy medal farm and wins everygame... I am pretty much winning 8/10 matches

Astrolia
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1529
Quote: Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
How do you propose them exactly fixing the problem witout "Investigating" it, genius? Do tell.
Lol because during testing people were saying these issues existed and hey did nothing.....also maybe the 1000s of post along with countless screenshots, videos and livestreamed of exactly what the issue was?

Wow, sure did need a lot of investigating

Adacian
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1530
Quote: Originally Posted by Projectstfu View Post
Good thing I had the day off. It would suck to have missed out on gaining 47 valor ranks.
ilum needs a total redesign and should remain closed until its fixed. Take a page out of WoW's open world pvp in ice crown citadel expansion. Hourly battles with a queue for even sides.

Ive seen a few of you think they don't have records of what happens in this game. Wake up, in computing everything is tracked and they have back up files on every player, their activities and chat. They do not review this information daily but it exists. For those that did exploit knowingly - and the chat records will help to show who some of them are, they should get slapped hard and made an example of.