Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lhorian
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.
Hell with the way things go so far I wouldn't be surprised if they banned the Pubs being farmed instead. And I have a sneaky suspension what that comment is gonna get me.

-Arcane-
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #422
Are ******* joking?

realy?

these scrubs that exploited to rank 60 in 1 day because of your immense ****up get to keep their rank?

the turrets DO give valour

and if it was "not working as intended" why would the turrets even give a valour reward.

Shocking realy, a game with 6 years development can be this poor?

though i suppose rolling ppl back then asking for their next months subscription might hurt the shareholders.

Realy bioware this is a disgrace, sort it out.
Arcane Nerdherder - GM of Glory Guild on Niman
PvE Completion 10/10 Nightmare 16man - Videos

Gone to Play Diablo III, SWTOR failed.

Tadeik
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Goshee View Post
I'm really disappointed... Honestly, I am lost for words.

I hope this gets fixed and I hope those who exploited the game are punished accordingly.

This whole experience has been worse than watching Scar let go of Mufasa's paw in the Lion King. QQ.

No exploit look at devs respone valor gain working as intended the only issue is that the turrets should have been 1 shot klling anyone who enterend the base

keybladez
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #424
Welp...glad my free month is up in a few days. Without a roll back on valor this is absolutely ridiculous. This game is a joke, and the performance issues of the game engine/bugs/faction-class imbalances are incredible. Won't be resubscribing if there isn't a rollback.

Coming from a Gunslinger, I wish I had rolled Sniper. Their animations are shorter, can do more damage, don't need to stop to use their stun, and the same skill between classes HAD a 90 vs. 60 second cooldown, in the favor of Snipers. How does this stuff get in to the final game? I really don't get it. I was around for vanilla WoW (launch week) and while it was also very buggy, there wasn't vast factional favoritism at the get go and they fixed things relatively fast (though the Seal of the Crusader Paladin bug was around for a while).
The Shadowlands
Gunslinger

magicmushman
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #425
Really your letting everyone keep their valour gained. That's ridiculous. It`s totally unfair to everyone that spent time grinding their valour. Just going to make pvp even more unfair

LimitPrime
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.
I want to explicitly know what this *********** means before I quit my sub. Otherwise, there's no more point lying/blowing hot air up our asses with this colossal mistake.

crazycantab
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #427
I cancelled my subscription.

Nangasaur
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #428
Not an acceptable response, BW.

Petition to include valor gains rollback from today:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...00#post1824300

Edit: It got to 3 pages, and moderators stepped in and locked the thread.

*stick fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA

What a complete and utter disaster. My thread addressed the fact that, as per this official response, the ability to grind out Battlemaster status in a single day by camping the spawn point inside the bases is due to a bug, because enemies are supposed to be instantly killed there. Well, according to the terms of service, players found to be in violation of the terms of service and user agreement by deliberately abusing bugs can and will have their accounts penalized, including up to closing of their accounts.

Well, in your own words, where is the punishment? Where is the rollback of the bug-exploited valor gains?
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Ajwilson
01.18.2012 , 07:28 PM | #429
Omg, LOL!

ChrisJSY
01.18.2012 , 07:29 PM | #430
You could enter the base before this patch, is the standard procedure for Devs to deny things are actually happening in a last ditch effort to quel the masses?

Quote: Originally Posted by GabeAmatangelo View Post

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

No, No, NO

You wouldn't have to reduce the population if you made any incentives for people NOT to cluster up around ONE area. Also are you really thinking about the future? Instead of camping the respawn, they will move 20 meters down the path and camp there.

Nope, what will happen is instead of 90vs10 it will be what, 45vs5? You're still not looking at the bigger picture, despite years of planning, pre-release hiccups and endless posts from the community about what you can do to sort it.

It's almost as if (Take the hit on the chin) you're coming up with the first most obvious "fix" without looking at the future or at the issue at hand.

If you're going to go as far as lower the pop cap, then limit the pop cap per faction or a ratio based on the lowest pop in the area. Phase the BG (Not all of Ilum) to allow this.

This will mean there will ALWAYS be enough people on both sides to make it a fair fight, however I don't get paid to sort out what you'll do with people who are not allowed to enter because it's full, oh wait yeah I'll throw this one in for free.

The objectives you have already? Make it so that you don't need opposing players to "win trade" and let the unlucky few stuck outside an active world warzone loot objectives (not destroy, loot) so they can finish it.

Everyone wins, not just the over populated one, you will make a lot more people happy and then can concentrate less on rushing out half ***** temporary fixes.

Next time you think of idea get a think-tank team going and think of all the possible reasons why it doesn't work. I don't work in the industry, but I've already found multiple errors in the future fixes a split second after I read your statement.

PS, the lie was obvious when another developer already stated people exploiting the valor system via ...*Can't Mention it* is happening.