Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does our feedback work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nmyownworld
06.25.2017 , 01:24 AM | #431
Charles Boyd, thank you for posting.

Please understand that I respect the effort, skill, and creativity required to write a single story for eight different classes, adding to that each class having a variety of past story choices shaping that character. I just want to express why I'm not a fan of KotFE -ET, and to a lesser but still significant degree not a fan of Iokath. I'm still a fan of SWTOR though.
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
One last note about numbers: it's commonly asked how we balance feedback against data and metrics, so this is a great place to use as an example. Numerically speaking, KOTFE and KOTET were our most successful expansions by a very significant margin.
There's a difference between being popular because players enjoy doing it, or being "popular" because it's the fastest way to get a particular reward. Two different reasons impacting an uptick in the player participation metric. Similar to Heroics becoming very "popular" after 4.0 without factoring in that they are the primary source of Locked Supply Crates. If CXP wasn't a reward for replaying KotFE and KotET chapters, I think that would impact their seeming success.

edited for clarification: I am not suggesting the removal of CXP when replaying KotFE and KotET chapters.
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
Story is a personal and emotional experience by design ...
I don't think this is true in KotFE and that is a significant part of why I do not like KotFE. Main characters stopped being unique and personal to a player. A playerís character previously tailored by their story choices became a generic character -- the Outlander. The player choices in KotFE pretty much only impacted which companion might appear in a cutscene (was the companion exiled or killed?) and Influence gain. Otherwise the KotFE story is identical Ė and the dialog nearly so -- on all classes. Whether it's the Imperial Agent who forgives all, or the Smuggler who kills at every opportunity.

That is addressed to a minor degree in Iokath. I appreciate that effort.

I understand that completely separate class stories are not feasible at this time. Fingers crossed for the future! For now, I want to feel like Iím doing more than just one story. Feel like it, even if Iím not actually doing more than one story. KotFE, KotET, and to an extent Iokath so far, do not provide this, in my opinion.

Yezzan
06.25.2017 , 03:40 AM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by Xo-Lara View Post
It's not that I'm not enjoying Iokath, it just feels like the characters were bent. On that note, did anyone else get the impression that Theron broke character and suddenly stopped sulking and refusing to refer to Malcolm as his father? I mean before the incident at the control machine.
Glad you mentioned this. There was no reason for Theron, a seasoned SIS operative to be acting like a high school teenager. Furthermore, you should not have shown any emotion when Malcolm died. You told him that he'll have his revenge then you told him to take the shot and now he's acting all teary-eyed? Seriously?

What would have been better is for (romanced) Theron to have a scene at then end where you talk to him and he shows his emotions, to you his lover. Other than that he should have been stoic.

KIAskill
06.25.2017 , 03:44 AM | #433
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
If you made people able to q with a partner for solo queue, you are de-facto killing solo queue and turning it into another group queue, as those who queue alone won't be able to compete against premade that know what they are doing and are in voice comms.

You can kind of get the same effect by queueing on pub side on most servers anyway, but to make it an actual option is a bad idea.
Duo q'ing isn't a HUGE advantage like you think it is... It exists in plenty of other games that still allow you to que into solos. You still only make up 50% of the team... If someone really thinks it is that big of a deal, they can duo themselves.

Aetideus
06.25.2017 , 04:33 AM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Great question! The most important thing you can ever put in feedback is why. Saying that you do or don't like something is helpful, telling us why is invaluable. This way when I am passing feedback on to the team I can highlight not only just sentiment (positive or negative) but also give supporting context for that feeling.

-eric
While the posts of the combat team are reasonable, two points:
- How that did not happened before 5.0? If that methodology existed then ->
- What is your response after 5 months of QQ for merc OP? What have you been doing for 5 months?

Yezzan
06.25.2017 , 05:30 AM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by Xo-Lara View Post
For what it is worth, I think desperation could be a motivator. The Republic had already made its move; however, she should have sent a heads up or something. Nevertheless, I have a similar complaint with regards to Malcolm. .
I have to disagree. The "betrayer" sent the same information to the Alliance that it sent to the Empire and Republic. Each party thought, it was the sole recipient of that information: the Alliance did not know that the Empire and Republic had the information; the Republic did not know that the Empire had the information; the Empire did not know that the Republic or the Alliance had the information.

They just all happened to converge on Iokath at the same time. The writing is epic-ly bad. There was no accounting for the scouting party that remained in the Iokath System. There was no accounting for the Alliance declaring the System off-limits. How did Lana arrive on Iokath and did not see the Empire and Republic, who, based on the dialogue, had arrived before Lana?

There was no way the Empire and Republic should have dozens of ships orbiting the planet and Lana only knew of their presence when she actually say the troopers in the scene. And why would Lana, go to Iokath alone? This would have been a perfect mission for an alliance recruit like Master Ranos, Xalex, Sargent Rusak, etc. Not the Alliance's 2nd in command.

Should these things have been fleshed out in the brainstorming session at BW ?

Estelindis
06.25.2017 , 05:50 AM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
There was no reason for Theron, a seasoned SIS operative to be acting like a high school teenager.
I don't think he did act immaturely. In fact, I found his reaction extremely level and restrained. I dislike many aspects of the Iokath story, including how Jace/Acina and Elara/Quinn are written, but I think Theron's written well when you consider that the stuff he's reacting to isn't all that great or consistent...

Yezzan
06.25.2017 , 05:59 AM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I don't think he did act immaturely. In fact, I found his reaction extremely level and restrained. I dislike many aspects of the Iokath story, including how Jace/Acina and Elara/Quinn are written, but I think Theron's written well when you consider that the stuff he's reacting to isn't all that great or consistent...
He's trained to keep his emotions in check; coupled with the fact that Malcolm was never a father to him and they barely had a relationship, I didn't find the whole teary-eyed thing to be in character. For a romanced Theron, it would be okay. But for a 2nd highest ranking person in the Alliance, serving an Emperor, it was definitely bad.

This whole thing is just for you to play a Light side Jedi knight. Everything else just do not add up, at various points.

Estelindis
06.25.2017 , 06:07 AM | #438
He's trained to keep his emotions in check; coupled with the fact that Malcolm was never a father to him and they barely had a relationship, I didn't find the whole teary-eyed thing to be in character.
But... at least in the version I saw, in which Theron wasn't romanced and the main character was a jerk to him at pretty much every possible chance... he did keep his emotions in check. Very strongly and closely in check. I've read the Annihilation novel and I understand that Malcom wasn't a father to Theron - but, to be absolutely fair, that was Satele's choice, not Malcom's. At some level, in a mixed up and ambivalent way, Theron did still care about Malcom - and I don't think he showed that care in a manner that was out of proportion.

casirabit
06.25.2017 , 08:30 AM | #439
He's trained to keep his emotions in check; coupled with the fact that Malcolm was never a father to him and they barely had a relationship, I didn't find the whole teary-eyed thing to be in character. For a romanced Theron, it would be okay. But for a 2nd highest ranking person in the Alliance, serving an Emperor, it was definitely bad.

This whole thing is just for you to play a Light side Jedi knight. Everything else just do not add up, at various points.
Just because someone wasn't a father to them doesn't mean that person isn't going to become upset when something happens. That shows a person is human and I don't see it out of character for him. My Empress didn't think it was out of character for him.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Lunafox
06.25.2017 , 12:33 PM | #440
Glad you mentioned this. There was no reason for Theron, a seasoned SIS operative to be acting like a high school teenager. Furthermore, you should not have shown any emotion when Malcolm died. You told him that he'll have his revenge then you told him to take the shot and now he's acting all teary-eyed? Seriously?

What would have been better is for (romanced) Theron to have a scene at then end where you talk to him and he shows his emotions, to you his lover. Other than that he should have been stoic.
Have you read Annihilation? Theron, for an agent has always been a bit passionate, he's not the sort with ice water in his veins. He's effective, but he's also a little bit 'crazy' in the way he achieves his ends. I don't think he was out of character at all. He might have had some Jedi training, but I don't think it stuck. He's a bit headstrong and I could totally see him being affected by that scene. He was affected by the Outlander's disappearance as well, and confessed as much in the letter he sent after the chapter, I think it was 12 was resolved. I'm glad they had that bit of emotion in the scene, better than the robotic stuff where everyone is super and no one feels anything. If anything I think it made his character more realistic and more in depth. And for the record I play a dark side V Jedi Knight and the scene was great, because even though she's dark, she was sensitive to him and his feelings because she loves him.