The Good / Bad things about Star Wars

Gingishan

I am a returning player, who started since vanilla but quit in 2013 because of many things. I want to point out the good and the bad things the game have after the new expansion.

The good:

-excellent story line, amazing even

-companions improvements (story, no needed gear, powerful healing, etc.)

-pve content

-datacrons sharing via legacy and many more regarding legacy

The bad:

-unbalanced PvP (OP classes are more OP then ever), lack of communication with pvp-ers

-the old bugs are still here, unbelievable from some point of view

-hi cost of stuff in Cartel market for subscribers

-low cartel coins reward for subscribers (should be around 1k per month)

With bit of effort from developers this game can be extremely beautiful and enjoyable. Until then i don't know how much i will remain again. As soon as story line end.... we shall see.

Edited by Gingishan

Star wars is great. Go try and play another pvp mmo and tell me how it goes:

Wow: fotm/imbalance/regs are a joke/super old/no design changes

Rift: 20 man premades/gearing is a joke (ask for more details)

FF: terrible setup, terrible queue times, terrible balance

Wildsar: terrible queues, terrible mechanics

Add more to the list. Swtor may not be perfect but it's pretty damn good in comparison to what's out there right now.

Add more to the list. Swtor may not be perfect but it's pretty damn good in comparison to what's out there right now.

WoW beats SWTOR in every corner when it comes to PvP, (why i dont play it?, because iv played it since lvl 60., but for people who havent, gogo

WoW pvp is probably still the best out now... SWTOR could be that if they just tweak a few things.

Im here playing SWTOR cuz I'm just bored with wow in general. Plus, most of my partners have quit playing it. =(

WoW beats SWTOR in every corner when it comes to PvP, (why i dont play it?, because iv played it since lvl 60., but for people who havent, gogo

Interesting. I went to WOW for 2 months, and found PVP awful especially as a newer player trying to learn my skills in PVP at less than cap level. Heirlooms totally ruin any chance for a new player to PVP, or even PVE for that matter.

Stupid idea is stupid idea, and letting experienced players have gear that bolsters their rating to maximum affect enabling them to literally 2 shot lesser geared players is stupid. I find the revamped graphics very nice on WOW, I also appreciate the art on the game unlike most who don't like WOW.

What I don't like is the huge imbalance in PVP. SWTOR has issues, but you can find fun simply by leveling and not relying on gears in lowbies or mids... By the time a player gets to 65, they should understand how to PVP, and should be aware of how to gear properly for 65 pvp.

On WOW, it doesn't matter how well you play as a lowbie in PVP, 90% of the players on WOW are vets, and running lowbies with heirlooms locked at certain lvls to gain even more benefit. It's totally broken and retarded.

If you're talking purely from the perspective of comparing wow ranked (arena) to swtor ranked, then yes.

From a reg perspective, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Wow regs are literally the easiest way to go insane. On top of that, people in wow have zero respect for anyone who actually likes to play regs. You're only pro if you're 2.2k or above, which is hilarious because wow arena is a joke in regards to fotm comps.

And yes to what lhancelot said...Bolster is such a better mechanic for pvp in swtor. It allows you to actually play pvp from 10 to 65 and enjoy it.

Edited by lavatsunami

WoW pvp is probably still the best out now... SWTOR could be that if they just tweak a few things.

Im here playing SWTOR cuz I'm just bored with wow in general. Plus, most of my partners have quit playing it. =(

Swtor needs cross server, cross faction, just like every other major pvp mmo out there right now. If it had that, it would be by far, in all categories, the best pvp out there atm.

But, we all know we're not getting it.

• 3 weeks later...
I am a returning player, who started since vanilla but quit in 2013 because of many things. I want to point out the good and the bad things the game have after the new expansion.

The good:

-excellent story line, amazing even

-companions improvements (story, no needed gear, powerful healing, etc.)

-pve content

-datacrons sharing via legacy and many more regarding legacy

The bad:

-unbalanced PvP (OP classes are more OP then ever), lack of communication with pvp-ers

-the old bugs are still here, unbelievable from some point of view

-hi cost of stuff in Cartel market for subscribers

-low cartel coins reward for subscribers (should be around 1k per month)

With bit of effort from developers this game can be extremely beautiful and enjoyable. Until then i don't know how much i will remain again. As soon as story line end.... we shall see.

I will revamp this thread because i have something more to say after leveling, as a returning player, 7/8 classes, since my old account was sold. I enjoy the story line so much, the Star Wars universe is great, even greatest. I have many good things to say about the game. :)

But even so i still have the impression of unfinished game. How is it possible that after so many years since launch to see the same bugs out there? :mad:

How can u ignore so much the PVP community, when u have a great idea of PVP world but u let that unfinished? Bring new maps, make for example a map where players do not fight against players but against intelligent NPC, yet it count as a PVP battle with PVP reward, where the win is given to the team that reach first objective, meaning u can not pass the NPC defenders, unless u kill them all, a counter time area map, etc, there are plenty of ideas, Use them! :rolleyes:

How can u not see the CORRECT PVP balance will bring few millions of players as subscribers to this game?

Remake class roles here and there, remove OP abilities like roll (roll should be a roll over not a bug animation like mages blink in Warcraft). Sages/sorcs force barrier is absolutely too strong, u have to kill a sorc twice to really kill him and if u count phase walk is just.....too much. Give more viability to mercs/mandos healers, put in balance assassins and specially PT/Vanguards then u will have that gold mine PVP universe that all PVP-ers from different MMO games will want to play. :D

The nerf of companions was too much also, nerf them on PVP fights but not on PVE, u barely can do Star Fortress HC now with low healing support from companions. Do the right thing. :confused:

U got an excellent launch of new expansion but u simply wiped it out with the PVP world and players are going back to other MMO even if they came back with great hopes. Reverse that asap, this is the only reason players go to play other games. Wake up, might be not too late yet.

Think on that and may the force be with you. Good luck. ;)

Edited by Gingishan

Do you know how any project is developed ? Do you think developers have any saying in what they code ?

From the perspecitive of one the rarely do any PVP, I would have to say I generally like swtor.

Unlike 1/2 world, WOW never appealed to me at all,idk why, it just never did.

I played it years ago, before any additional content and well it just never appealed to me

I LOVE star wars, I love most if not all aspects about it.

I like how it is SUPPOSED TO BE unballanced, how like it is PVp today, almost 100% one sided in favor of the emprie, THEY are the strongest.

I too am annoyed that much of the game looks unfinished, that several bugs still exist and so on.

I Guess my main issue is With other players, here PVPplayers in particular.

Being a "victim" of bad, not horrible decitions from the game DEVs etc...they are forced to really venture into areas ment to be less "dedocated" With all the conflict this entalis, god knows how many threads are on that subject.

Then the thing that really makes it bad for me and I am sure I am not alone is the constant Call for and the constant nerfing of classes and abilities.

Ballanced PVP is ONLY possible With players in no gir, With identical stats, and a stick.........everything else will be unballanced.

I can for the life of me not understand why in 2015 , it has to be so that every change to classes either negatively affect PVE ot PVP, I don't think there have been any change that catered equally to both.

So I say the worst by far thing With star wars the old Republic is the lack of enough pvp content to avoind the mix of pvp dedicated People and pvp-Icouldn'tcareless peapole in the same areas and the poison that follows in the Wake.

none of those are real pvp mmos tho.

first: is WoW, nuff said

2nd: could have been alright but they copied too much stuff from WoW.

3rd: japanoid garbage

4th: well i played the beta for about 3 days and i still cant even make out what the **** that pile of trash is supposed to be

if u wanted to mention real pvp mmos try a list like that

DAoC

UO

AC

DFUW

and yes all of them are MUCH better games than swtor. infact even mentioning them in the same post as swtor is an insult i already feel sorry about.

oh yeah and before stuff like: "y u no play one of them then?" well simple, played DAoC for over 10 years, UO and AC are abit too old now and DFUW has an even more incompetent dev team than swtor tho atleast they are pvpers.

Edited by Laoi