State of Warzones This Week

Kailaurius

Ok so maybe the disgruntled players upset over the companion nerf really are leaving the game? Warzone pops have been horrible this week. They used to pop one after another but the last few days the pops have been anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour in between. Maybe it's the new Battlefront? I dunno. /shrug

Lol, I was just about to post how wonderful my day off has been. I expected a dead time on the Harbinger, but had a steady pop in the midbies (5 10 min apart), and folks who fought tooth and nail for the Republic, hardly ever losing . It was like the old times.

I think it's just random draw. :)

I have heard that there might still be login issues for some players ... though it's only a rumor right now ...

Lol, I was just about to post how wonderful my day off has been. I expected a dead time on the Harbinger, but had a steady pop in the midbies (5 10 min apart), and folks who fought tooth and nail for the Republic, hardly ever losing . It was like the old times.

I think it's just random draw. :)

Interestingly, just after we split, a few people complained at Fleet that there were no Lowbie pops ... One person had waited 40 minutes hours - or so I understood it ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hmmm, yeah it could just be Battlefront combined with login issues. It's been this way for me on Bastion since the patch the other day. Maybe it'll pick back up in a few days.

Yup. I think you got it.

The 65 zones were popping really quick for me last night (I'm US west) on the harbinger. Most of them were imp v imp, and almost every one was awfully 1-sided. I recall a really close imp v imp voidstar that came down to the wire - we crossed the bridge maybe 30 seconds before they did. Other than that, it was triple cap novare, triple cap CW, 6-0 queshball, etc.

I think it makes sense for games to be 1-sided most of the time, though. There are a few groups of extremely good and well coordinated players running around. Unless those groups get matched against each other, the game will be a slaughter. Let's say that there is one group of four playing, let's call them the alphas. For any given 8v8 game, there is a 8/12 chance that you, the random solo, will get pitted against the alphas. There would be only a 4/12 chance that you would get paired with them. So, in games that involve alpha squads, 66% of the time you will be going against the alphas. That's a super simplistic analysis, but it made sense in my head at least. :p

But the slaughters are not all attributable to alpha squads. I had at least one game last night (Civil War) in which I highly suspect that many of the players on my team were just there for the companions - they gave up really easily, camped 4 on our one node and didn't even try to do anything. Of course the 4 campers were subsequently relieved of that node - triple cap. :( I basically just changed the rules of the game in my head from "cap nodes to win" to "hey let's go Leroy into that group of 4-5 enemies and see if I can get one of them to 50% before I die." :p

Edited by teclado

Ok so maybe the disgruntled players upset over the companion nerf really are leaving the game? Warzone pops have been horrible this week. They used to pop one after another but the last few days the pops have been anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour in between. Maybe it's the new Battlefront? I dunno. /shrug

I don't think it's people leaving for companions. It's more likely they are playing battlefront. I know I would be playing BF if I had the computer to run it. :(

Hmmm, yeah it could just be Battlefront combined with login issues. It's been this way for me on Bastion since the patch the other day. Maybe it'll pick back up in a few days.

IF ANYTHING, with the nerf to companions one would hope this would be less of an incentive to get M1-4X or Pierce by playing the 20 warzones.

Battlefront could be a slight cause for the decrease. In our guild, only 1 member is actually playing it.

The main issue is your sever, bastion. If you're looking for consistent queue times, I would recommend switching to the Harbinger if you have the CCs. Server population was the main reason we switched from POT5 (a PvP server) to harbinger (PvE). Harbinger has roughly 4 times the amount of PvPers than Bastion, Jung Ma, and POT5. I tried to find the article to support it (these are season 6 statistics) but I couldn't find it.

The good news though: with the force awakens coming out in December, expect to see a slight increase for a time. BW will need to capitalize on this to keep any new members.

Edited by DieLikeAHero

I am a pub player on harbinger I have subbed since launch I have 55 days left on sub. I wouldn't f2p into some of these wz ive been in. it needs to return to pvp v pvp period or not just the pub faction will suffer as it has when it finally goes imps will have close to the same problems to it ruins pvp for all to require pve players to come in for companions so stupid that someone got paid for that idea