Questions about switching Crew Skills

NullHazard

The character I'm currently running is at a skill level of 700 with Artifice, Treasure Hunting, and Archaeology. If I change my Crew Skills, will I lose this, or will the game preserve it for me? I want to change to another set of Crew Skills, but I don't want to lose what I've gained.

The character I'm currently running is at a skill level of 700 with Artifice, Treasure Hunting, and Archaeology. If I change my Crew Skills, will I lose this, or will the game preserve it for me? I want to change to another set of Crew Skills, but I don't want to lose what I've gained.

If you drop a crew skill, your character forgets everything about it. Level, schematics, the 500K or 250K you paid to unlock 601+, everything.

It helps to plan out the crew skill assignment for all your characters, depending on how serious one is about these things. The characters that you’ll do Operations regularly on, I’d recommend getting Biochem 700 on so they can use reusable MK-2 medpacs, stims, and adrenals. Get other crafting skills and non-crafting crew skills on various other characters based on the guides out there. I write these down in Excel and track them carefully.