I messed up a bit on screenshot 1. -_-

Terror From Beyond

Kill Time: 07:18:31 GMT // 03:18:31

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/tXHdL.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree. We've put in so much work over the last 2 days on live that it's a real kick in the teeth.

Doesn't it feel cheap to you guys? Classing yourself racing against guilds that haven't stepped foot in TFB until it goes live. Where's the class or honor in that?

Enjoy your hollow victory. I hope you dedicate it to Martin Smith!

Credit where credit is due right CKN?

agree with u, but anyways, atleast apparently u only had to compete against CKN -.-... for 8 M theres a french pts guild cleared it all at 09/26 so meeh... have like 5-7 EU guilds (prob most of them pts) hm full 8man clear between 26-28... so atleast have less competition here... but i agree CKN had ahead advantage that make it unfair, after all they prob cleared it in longer time considering their atleast 40+ pts hours atleast, + what it took in live, so yeah, nothing special to be proud... and same with other pts guilds with whole guild transfered, even if not Hand picked like CKN, they had same advantage of 40+ hours ahead, once again, not fair

gz. What's been said is already imprinted on the minds of those interested in world progression, there is no need to repeat it again and again. Can't expect everyone to live up to a high moral standard, not everyone is built like that. It is people who will judge the real accomplishments among all the boastful attitudes.

Gz to CKN and Chosen :)

Terror From Beyond

Kill Time: 07:18:31 GMT // 03:18:31

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/tXHdL.jpg

good job guys! I like how your SS actually shows the codex entry and earning the achievement. I thought it was odd that CKN wouldn't include that in their boss kill. Maybe they had Martin Smith kill it for them:P

I think its safe to say that a majority of the people on the forums and definitely on Prophecy of the Five consider Chosen as the world first/server first kill of TFB. And chosen did it in less wipes and about half the time of a guild that had 50+ hours of PTR w/ dev help under their belt. I also believe they were in HM TFB for a solid 9 hours straight today before posting that. Really surprised it took them that long. Also it took CKN what 14 wipes on kephess to get him down barely after they had already tested him on PTR?

First I wanted to say thank you to Derkae for maintaining this thread. It's a lot of work with little recognition so again, thank you for your hard work.

I had everyone in the guild copy characters when they opened up the 1.3 patch on PTS. Lucky thing that we did, since we were not contacted initially to get copied for this most recent patch. So we had like 10-12 people logging on and were able to fill our last few spots with a couple pugs, one of which plays with Death and Taxes. All of these players are great people who went out of their way to log on every night and help us test the 16m HM version of the fights. Without those players, testing 16m would not have been possible by us, so thank you for making that possible.

When Denova was on PTS we knew that other guilds were working on the fights and getting much further than we were while keeping all of their findings and strats private till the time that they beat it and had their rank solidified. I wanted to take a different approach and have some of our raiders stream as much as possible with mumble so you, the community, could hear us bang out strats.

In my 9 years of raiding in MMOs I've never played with a group of people that spent so much time sharing all that we've learned with the community. Aoroc worked for hours putting together our experiences for the benefit of the raiding community. Thrills ended up breaking her computer streaming every night so that the community could see everything that we saw of the new content. Sangz, Lamy and too many other's to list put in tons of time writing up their thoughts on the fights, things that they wanted to see changed, and bugs that they were experiencing.

I have the privilege of playing with some really amazing, driven, tireless, and giving people. I know that there will always be a few naysayers in the bunch but I see way more positive feedback than negative. The SWTOR community is a great one. So in closing: thank you to everyone in the community for all of your support. I wish you all the best of luck on all the new encounters in Terror from Beyond.

Cali

GM of <Cali Killed Nox>

Meh, gratz to <CKN> and <Chosen> all drama aside for clearing it on 16m HM. In particular thanks to <CKN> for the entertaining streams and guides written up by Craxim (still waiting on the rest :p). I've been sharing the guides along with Dulfy's guides and my own comments/notes with my guild, as I was the only one on PTS out of us, and the guides are extremely well written and detailed, much better than anything I could write myself ^^

I just hope BW handles EC Nightmare PTS testing better by either doing it all internally (probably wont happen) or simply allowing everyone to have a PTS copy, so as to keep the progression race fun.

Meh, gratz to <CKN> and <Chosen> all drama aside for clearing it on 16m HM. In particular thanks to <CKN> for the entertaining streams and guides written up by Craxim (still waiting on the rest :p). I've been sharing the guides along with Dulfy's guides and my own comments/notes with my guild, as I was the only one on PTS out of us, and the guides are extremely well written and detailed, much better than anything I could write myself ^^

I just hope BW handles EC Nightmare PTS testing better by either doing it all internally (probably wont happen) or simply allowing everyone to have a PTS copy, so as to keep the progression race fun.

Yes, thank you very much friend. Enough with all the nonsense people. Big grats to Chosen for downing TfB. You are clearly a skilled group of players and I give you my props. This is Lamy BTW of CKN. Enough with all the hate. Hopefully in the future we can have a more friendly atmosphere between our guilds! :-) Good luck to everyone else still working on TfB!

Yes, thank you very much friend. Enough with all the nonsense people. Big grats to Chosen for downing TfB. You are clearly a skilled group of players and I give you my props. This is Lamy BTW of CKN. Enough with all the hate. Hopefully in the future we can have a more friendly atmosphere between our guilds! :-) Good luck to everyone else still working on TfB!

+1.

Don't let all the negativity fool you, there are of course a lot of great people and skilled players in both guilds.

Gratz on the kills <Chosen> and <CKN>!

EDIT: On a side note, I'm loving the competitiveness in this... Hopefully we can work out a more even playing field next time!

Edited by bbbaKerrr

Derkae,

You made some time errors on Stoic's kills on the spread sheet. I'm posting to provide the time-zone corrections.

Writhing Horror was downed on September 27 at 9:40pm EST. You have the BST conversion as 3:40am BST on September 28. It should be 2:40am BST.

Dread Guards was downed on September 27 at 11:49pm EST. You have the BST conversion at 5:48am BST. It should read 4:49am BST.

Operator IX was downed on September 28 at 10:22pm EST. You have the BST conversion at 4:22am BST. It should read 3:22am BST.

Thanks.

I think the people flaming Cali Killed Nox in this thread need to take a step back and realize their anger is being directed at the wrong people. What exactly did they do wrong? They had characters on the PTS so they tested the content. Not only did they test the content but they streamed it, posted videos, posted feedback, posted strategies, etc. (Thank you to Cali Killed Nox and the other guilds/players who were on the PTS, tested the content and gave feedback to the community and Bioware.)

If you have a problem with the fact that Cali Killed Nox got a head start in TFB because they had characters on the PTS prior to 1.4 then you should direct your flames towards Bioware.

Oh, and if you have a problem with them being ranked before a guild that wasn't on the PTS you can take solace in the fact that:

1) ~90% of SWTOR players don't care about these guild rankings

2) ~10% know they're inaccurate for all the reasons listed in this thread and other threads so they don't care either

Perhaps now that Bioware has proven they can mass transfer characters, all future PTS iterations will have that option available and things will get tested better and the raiding community can all start on an equal footing in the future.