HORRIBLE AA implamentation.

GuillimanT

80% drop in fps.

running a Q9550 at 3.6ghz; GTX 285, 8gig of 4-4-4-12 800 memory and rest isn't important setup.

Fix it. Thanks. I'm not going to pay for a game that has no basic game features. Especially one that looks like it should run on 5y old machines.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice absolutely no difference. What in the hell is going on at Bioware right now? I'm losing my faith quickly... This is coming from a die hard Bioware and Star Wars fan.

How do you patch something into the game and not even have it working?

Works fine for me.

i5 2500K Stock

GTX 570

8GB GSkill RipJaw 1337

80GB Intel 320 SSD

Have V-Sync on all the time, so couldn't tell you how much above 60FPS I get. I've had AA forced on since I startes. So long as holos show up now and trees don' act funny in cut scenes, I'm fine with this patch.

Edited by Kaverf

I notice absolutely no difference. What in the hell is going on at Bioware right now? I'm losing my faith quickly... This is coming from a die hard Bioware and Star Wars fan.

Because IT'S NOT IN. They lied...again. There is no AA.

works for me

maybe you dont know what AA actually does?..

80% drop in fps.

running a Q9550 at 3.6ghz; GTX 285, 8gig of 4-4-4-12 800 memory and rest isn't important setup.

Fix it. Thanks. I'm not going to pay for a game that has no basic game features. Especially one that looks like it should run on 5y old machines.

Wait, so....the players *****ed and *****ed about how th egame has no AA feature, and so BioWare decided that they should put it in as soon as possible (because from what I've seen on the "We want this" threads over the past month, AA has been in basically every one of them).

And now that BioWare did a rush job to put it in, the players are surprised that it's not perfect?

Seriously? The only people to blame for the poor implimentation of things in the game are the players who wanted it the day before yesterday and caused the Devs to rush it.

works for me

I know what AA does. It simply isn't working. As someone above me mentioned I have to force it through my graphics card settings for it to work.

I have an AMD 6970 card. Anyone else running on AMD/ATI and having issue with it not working at all?

Wait, so....the players *****ed and *****ed about how th egame has no AA feature, and so BioWare decided that they should put it in as soon as possible (because from what I've seen on the "We want this" threads over the past month, AA has been in basically every one of them).

And now that BioWare did a rush job to put it in, the players are surprised that it's not perfect?

Seriously? The only people to blame for the poor implimentation of things in the game are the players who wanted it the day before yesterday and caused the Devs to rush it.

Really? so us wanting the graphics options that were in the beta is wrong? its not our fault bioware cant figure things out we want graphics options that were in games for like 5+years now you would think that wouldn't be hard to put in.

also AA was in the beta along with a ton of other graphics options they removed because they couldn't do it right. but thats okay we should just accept a half assed product for full price.

AA should have been fully functional since BETA. Imo, this game needed another 6 months of inhouse developing time before being released. Basic features are missing or not working. That's not funny. I don't care that content is low, the actual basics of the game need to be there.

80% drop in fps.

the option works, my fps is still round 80-120 FPS so thats good.

But on Hoth, the snow shows glitchy when u look in the distance. its defo the AA option, cause when i turn it off, it looks normal.

Also my GPU card gets an increase of 8° in temperature by solely the AA function. Thats quite too much.

I hope they hotfix this somewhere in the future. as for the moment i turned AA off again.

Works fine for me.

i5 2500K Stock

GTX 570

8GB GSkill RipJaw 1337

80GB Intel 320 SSD

Have V-Sync on all the time, so couldn't tell you how much above 60FPS I get. I've had AA forced on since I startes. So long as holos show up now and trees don' act funny in cut scenes, I'm fine with this patch.

could you test that out with trees an holo, with the setting being forced. Because the in game settings doesn't change the AA implementation to a point that is noticeable.

reply removed. no since in replying. fanboys are gonna be fanboys.

Edited by Xabos

You people are dense. The reason they removed the AA was because it put unnecessary strain on peoples machines.

You got your wish now, you don't have the right to whine.

If your machine sucks, your fault. Mine runs fine. They broke what they took out. That smacks of incompetence.

works for me

I know what it does and on the high setting the value of AA within the client_settings is AA = 1.

Sure i could force AA to a value of 8 or 16 and i did and the difference between the game settings and when i force it, is very apparent. Leaving me to assume they did not fix the actual issue of having AA within the game at it highest possible settings. Please confirm that you are not forcing AA right now?

You people are dense. The reason they removed the AA was because it put unnecessary strain on peoples machines.

You got your wish now, you don't have the right to whine.

Uhm, if it puts unnecessary strain on your machine, you turn it off, derp. That's why there's settings which you can choose yourself if you want enabled or not.

It's about CHOICE.