Stronghold functionality additions... share your ideas!

NuSeC

So I have saw this before on other issues so why not one for Strongholds!?

1)

It would be nice to have some way of knowing who visited your stronghold. The easiest way I can think of for this is a guestbook of sorts.

2)

Also include a welcome message for anyone who enters (similar to a guild MOTD).

3)

PVP/GSF Dailies and PVE flashpoint mission terminals.

4)

We can already share the mats in our legacy lockers... how about an actual bank that we can keep all our credits centralized from all our alts?

5)

A quick travel terminal to planets for dailies.

6)

Better hook placements and management

7)

Faction Vendor NPCs

8)

WZ and PVE training Dummies

9)

boss holograms instead of pictures on the wall.

10)

Dye Slots in all the furniture, rugs and even walls would be nice. Everything is too much the same color.

11)

Useable furniture. Should be able to sit on a chair, at a desk, relax with friends..

12)

Adjustable size of rugs, most are too small for the size of the rooms.

13)

I would like to be able to label rooms. So when a player enters that room or even hallway a message pops up like "The Vault" or "Med Lab". Similar to the planetary zones.

14)

screen shots in pictures

Keep'em coming!... you will be credited for any ideas submitted.

Edited by NuSeC
Update

Let's start small, and add to the main functionality: decoration.

A "Double Narrow" hook turned by 90° so that both hooks have their short side against the wall (so we can place medium narrow objects next to each other and close to the wall.

Same for "Small & Narrow" - just tried to place a gree standing lamp next to a Voss desk at the wall, nope. There would be plenty of space but I'd need to move one object more than 10 units.

Actually that's the next point. I guess the reason for the short distance is that the game doesn't render models on hooks that are out of the player's sight, thus the objects need to stay close to the hook, but +/- 20 is still close enough and would help a lot.

Edited by Mubrak

Better hook placements.

I am working on an area and wanted to place an object there but it will only go on medium hooks but I can't change the hook to fit what I needed.

In addition there are places in rooms that the hooks are not lining up with the wall or something, it would be nice to be able to change the hook placement to where you actually needed it to be.

1) New types of hooks: in addition to aforementioned Double Narrow rotated 90 degree I would suggest Large Narrow and Double Large Narrow (icnluding these rotated 90 degree), Large Narrow + two Medium, Large Narrow + Medium + some kinds of smaller hooks. Example of decoration to fit this kind can be Power Converter.

2) Faction Vendor NPCs.

In addition there are places in rooms that the hooks are not lining up with the wall or something, it would be nice to be able to change the hook placement to where you actually needed it to be.

Curved areas seem to be the biggest problem with that. Coruscant balcony has hooks that should be symmetrical around the curvature of it. They are not, and using the wiggle function of the hook isn't quite fine enough, or has enough allowed range (or both, since increasing the range of wiggle might just make the problem of fine adjustment more glaring), to achieve the look you want.

For example, I feel like I just want to move the piece a half increment instead of the full increment, or be able to offset the wiggle to 11 or 12 instead of only being able to wiggle 10 increments, to line up certain objects or features.

Maybe adding an additional wiggle to the hook layout itself, combined with the wiggle on the item placement, would give enough range and adjustment to better match the room geometries.

5 Suggestions:

1. Add Rotation ability to the Narrow Medium/2 Small and 2 N/M hook blocks. 90 degrees at a time would help. But the same rotation as the actual items would be even better.

2. Activated and "redecoration" items appear in the character inventory, appropriately identified by glow or coloring. I have "lost" a number of items because I can't remember which alt activated and didn't place. Or placed pets, vehicles, or companions and then tried to move them with the wrong alt. Once placed on a regular hook, it is a DECORATION, not an item.

3. Display racks, both floor and wall mounted, and of varying sizes and types. At least weapon racks and armor dummies. Items placed on rack hooks remain items, and can be put back in any alt's inventory, for sale if bound or use if not.

4. Activated and "redecoration" items can be placed in the stronghold storage container with the same stacking rules as the unactivated items. This will make redecorating much easier, and help sell additional storage space...a win win.

5. A ship to Stronghold option just like the Stronghold to ship door option. Ideally this would be from anywhere in the universe, but I can certainly live with the same planet. The trip from ship to Stronghold gets to be a pain.

Use function on chair and lounge would be nice, I know there the /chair emotion but it looks off set, and hard to move character to the right spot too look like its in the sit. Would create a much more feel like home feeling, mates sitting around enjoying a drink.

Also NPC movement would give more life, e.g. guards wandering the grounds, waitress walk from table to table, make it look like NPC are talk/socializing, even allow to put players companions on chairs.

Actually that's the next point. I guess the reason for the short distance is that the game doesn't render models on hooks that are out of the player's sight, thus the objects need to stay close to the hook, but +/- 20 is still close enough and would help a lot.

In another thread (which I'm too lazy to find right now) I suggested making the range dependent on hook size:

Small: 15 units

Medium: 30 units

Large: 60 units

1. Sack the hook system. (See: Wildstar).

Unless you're going to go with a system that allows max creativity and thereby individuality, innovation, expression, you're going to have pretty homogeneous (and ultimately boring) layouts.

My case, and supporting examples:

(Can skip over and still get the gist).

SWG was the closest to free-form I've seen, although for years it was a labor of love requiring the chatbox to arrange things... "/move furniture forward 100... /move furniture up 30... /rotate furniture right 45" etc. However, the results were creative and could be stunning. (Later, they made it a little more friendly with a radial menu with a few preset options, but still allowing the full text flexibility).

A couple examples: my "fish tank" inspired by other's I'd seen. A the base and top are multiple crafted end tables; the vertical supports, or "edges" of the "tank": weaponsmith crafted polearms; crafted plants and caught fish (there was fishing in the game... yep, when WoW was a glimmer in a dev's mind.) The main point being that items could be "lifted above the floor, placed inside each other for a new effect, even inside walls/ceilings/floors etc. http://i.imgur.com/QqkYkj9.jpg The other was a "radio station" that was in a guild city that actually ran a live, DJ'd internet radio station (though I can't remember the name). It's a mixture of crafted items, drops, and some "trash" or gray items, all of which could be placed in houses. The "DJ booth" is a combination of many items, rather than a single item itself from various disciplines (including a shipwright crafted starship engine in the front). http://i.imgur.com/dxIUvHO.png

The closest thing I've seen since, in terms of flexibility, is the system in Wildstar although vastly more user friendly in terms of actually having an interface (google some of their community's more impressive and highly imaginative offerings)... and in some ways, exceed it with even the ability to apply atmospherics however I'm not suggesting to that extent. After all, you still want Tatooine to look like Tatooine, not like an underwater aquarium or jungle (though those could be future strong hold settings. ;) )

**SWTOR did right by us (I feel) with the flexibility of the interface editor for the UI it finally introduced. Something similar would open up the galaxy for design (like W*'s editor, or SWTOR's own adapted editor allowing FAR more positional choices in all axes and ignoring collision and proximity).

Edited by BoushhDC

Dye Slots in all the furniture, rugs and even walls would be nice. Everything is too much the same color

Useable furniture. Should be able to sit on a chair, at a desk, relax with friends.

Rotatable floor hooks.

Moveable rug hooks. They need to be in more logical places.

Adjustable size of rugs, most are too small for the size of the rooms.

I really wish we could set the stance of the Companion characters (e.g. Bowdaar sitting on a chair "playing" Dejarik with C2-NP or whoever, Mako would lean back at the wall with arms crossed, Kaliyo Djannis is passed out in the corner... would be great, and these movements/stances are already in the game.

Some sort of setpiece cutscene generator. I want to be able to take a screenshot of my entire crew at once, and not just the one time when the storyline does it, but whenever I want. Since I am usually not done gearing them when I hit the end of Act III.

Of course, unless they fix the helmet/dye matching issue, it doesn't much matter.

Pieces like desks/tables/etc should have mini-hooks on them for placing knickknacks like cups/papers/controls/whatever. The ability to place items on certain other items, for example, stacking a kolto barrel on top of another kolto barrel.

Finishing a companion romance should give you a decoration memento from that companion. See first idea.

More items tied to Achievements that can't be bought off the GTN. 100%ing a Planet, FP, or Operation should give an item specific to that planet/FP/Op. Also some sort of item for completing a class story. These should have a little tooltip explaining what they are and where they came from when you mouse over them.

Ambient sounds please.

Edited by VaeVictis

1) Customizable Floors, Walls, Ceiling & Window Architecture. For example, the ability to change the floor to the Senate Tileset or Alderaanian deco or the ability to remove the window shutters on the Coruscant Stronghold.

2) Customizable/ Random Weather & Time of Day. I don't think it would take very much to have the sun's march across the sky. (or even rise/set on Taatooine). The ability to have rainy or cloudy days on Coruscant and not rainy days on DC.

3) The ability to designate certain areas as "arena" setting to allow for freestyle multi-participant dueling.

4) Functional Taxi/Quick Travel Decorations.

5) Juke Box Decoration and an actual Cantina vendor that sells items.

6) Not everyone does PvE content, so adding some of the PvE items as possible options from some of the PvP lockboxes would be a nice touch. And even holographic trophies of PvP achievements (such as a huttball or piece of the Void Star etc..