(BUG) KOTET Chapter 4 Vette conversation bugged?

cefert

Hey guys I don't already know if this has been posted yet but after I defeat the purifier droids in chapter 4 of KOTET the conversation with Vette will initiate but after that nothing will happen. Anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me?

I've tried logging out and logging back in but that did not work, I've also tried resetting the chapter but that did not work either. Any help or response from a developer would be appreciated :D

Edited by cefert

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty bad ain't it? It's pretty sad that we can't advance in the story because of this annoying bug. I've submitted a ticket to them in game hopefully they respond soon :(

Deeply frustrating yeah, I was really enjoying it up until this happened. I'm hoping it'll be fixed for Friday's full release...

Deeply frustrating yeah, I was really enjoying it up until this happened. I'm hoping it'll be fixed for Friday's full release...

I heard putting your graphics settings on low might resolve the issue. So I'll give it a try and post back here if it works :)

I heard putting your graphics settings on low might resolve the issue. So I'll give it a try and post back here if it works :)

I tried that immediately and it didn't work - the game's not freezing (usually the sign of graphics problem) as much as it's just not progressing the cutscene.

I'm also experiencing this and have a ticket in about it, I also set my visuals to bare minimum and it still refuses to progress. Hope they get this ironed out soon. I really want to continue!

Good, glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing this annoying bug I have also put in a ticket about it as well, but it will more than likely take them a very long time to respond to my ticket :(. Well at least now we can confirm it's a bug since I am not the only one experiencing the issue

Also having the same bug, but seeing as only a few people seem to be having said bug, i doubt they will fix it before friday.

Chances are, they might not be aware of this bug, seeing as it doesn't even appear on the "known bugs".

I hate being that guy, but it would not surprise me if it didn't get fixed even after friday.

Edited by -Heliphas-

Also having the same bug, but seeing as only a few people seem to be having said bug, i doubt they will fix it before friday.

Chances are, they might not be aware of this bug, seeing as it doesn't even appear on the "known bugs".

I hate being that guy, but it would not surprise me if it didn't get fixed even after friday.

Keep your fingers crossed for Friday m8 let's hope for the best :) because I'm pretty annoyed I can't advance in the story until this bug gets patched :mad::(

Keep your fingers crossed for Friday m8 let's hope for the best :) because I'm pretty annoyed I can't advance in the story until this bug gets patched :mad::(

I'm praying it's sorted on Friday - I really enjoyed the sorry up to this point but it's really frustrating that this bug makes it impossible for me to go any further.

I'm actually hoping for it to be fixed by friday, seeing as i was extremely enjoying the story.

Kind of funny how the bug happended on a chapter with the name "Where Dreams Die".

I'm having the same issue as well and again the first thing I tried was reduce everything to the bare minimum. This didn't work. After doing this I have set out to fix it and ended up resetting my chapter three times and the exact same thing happens each time,this is killing me! I seriously hope this is fixed at some stage.

I think I found a solution!

I had the same bug, so I exited the zone, then in the non-chapter world summoned Vette as my companion and Reentered the world and I had the option to talk to her! Give it a shot..

I think I found a solution!

I had the same bug, so I exited the zone, then in the non-chapter world summoned Vette as my companion and Reentered the world and I had the option to talk to her! Give it a shot..

The issue isn't being unable to talk to her, it's when I talk to her (Not sure about everybody else in this thread) the game proceeds to a black screen like I'm about to get the cutscene / dialogue to pop up, but then it just goes back to where we were standing / looking with the camera, and it just sits there till I press ESC.

Kinda like that bug with Agents when you're on your ship trying to use the Holoterminal for a quest and it just refuses to work.

Hey guys quick update, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts I put in a ticket to CS regarding this issue and they replied really quickly, (only 1 day) and they were able to let me skip the bugged out conversation and grant me the next part of the mission!!! :D:D:D, if this issue is still not resolved for any of you guys I suggest putting in a ticket to CS and explain the problem to them, and they should reply quickly, and fix the problem for you.

Anyways peace out and may the force be with you guys always! :D

Hey guys quick update, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts I put in a ticket to CS regarding this issue and they replied really quickly, (only 1 day) and they were able to let me skip the bugged out conversation and grant me the next part of the mission!!! :D:D:D, if this issue is still not resolved for any of you guys I suggest putting in a ticket to CS and explain the problem to them, and they should reply quickly, and fix the problem for you.

That's really good to know they're replying.I submitted a ticket earlier today so hopefully all I need to is wait a bit.Thanks for the update. :)

Thanks for the update cefert!

The issue isn't being unable to talk to her, it's when I talk to her (Not sure about everybody else in this thread) the game proceeds to a black screen like I'm about to get the cutscene / dialogue to pop up, but then it just goes back to where we were standing / looking with the camera, and it just sits there till I press ESC.

Kinda like that bug with Agents when you're on your ship trying to use the Holoterminal for a quest and it just refuses to work.

Exact same problem on my part. Tried relogging, reseting chapter, choosing diferent dialogue options, dismissing and resummon vette, all to no avail.

Guess i will have to try the same as Cefert and open a ticket.

Exact same problem on my part. Tried relogging, reseting chapter, choosing diferent dialogue options, dismissing and resummon vette, all to no avail.

Guess i will have to try the same as Cefert and open a ticket.

I put in a ticket last night before getting off for the night. Now it's the waiting game. :(

Just wondering. What did you actually say to them? I got a reply saying that couldn't progress my character due to conversation choices

Just got to this part and I am experiencing this bug as well now. Doesn't look like they've fixed it or even acknowledged that it's an issue.

I've tried relogging, exiting and reloading, dismissing Vette and resummoning, and repositioning but nothing works. I can click Vette no problem but the cinematic fails to load afterwards and I just end up sitting there viewing the screen until I hit the Exit key to return to where I was before. This was an issue that was reported during Early Access and it's a little frustrating that it made it to "launch" without even any acknowledgement.

Regardless, I submitted a bug report and opened a ticket in game. In the meantime, I'll go back to WoW. They don't usually have these kinds of problems.

Edited by Sillon