Force leap broken

thraxxousai

perks that increase its utility arent working, charges are gone, and its on a broken *** cooldown, making it utterly useless.

For both Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors, Force leap/charge is unaffected by utilities (Preparation/Seething Hatred does not immediately reset cooldown once out of combat, and Intercessor/Interloper does not allow force leap to be used a second time in the 7 second window).

(someone else posted this, it is an issue)

Edited by thraxxousai

perks that increase its utility arent working, charges are gone, and its on a broken *** cooldown, making it utterly useless.

For both Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors, Force leap/charge is unaffected by utilities (Preparation/Seething Hatred does not immediately reset cooldown once out of combat, and Intercessor/Interloper does not allow force leap to be used a second time in the 7 second window).

(someone else posted this, it is an issue)

You may add that Force Push doesn't refresh the CD as intented. ;)

From Patch Notes:

Jedi Knight

General

Force Leap's cooldown is now reset by Preparation and Force Push as intended.

However this is not the only way it was broken, nor the only ability that was broken - I hope the fix extends to all affected abilities.

In addition these seem to be still bugged:

+ juggernaut's utility "warmonger" does not reduce cooldown of force charge when taking damage.

+ alacrity does not reduce the cooldown of force charge, it stays at 15s despite what it says in ability text.

I can agree to this problem, how did this get pasted the internal testers??

I submitted a bug report on the test server, because all this stuff was broken when you equipped the double force charge set bonus, guess they didn't care about it then.

Any idea if they fixed warmonger too, it has not been reducing the cool down like it should since 6.0 came out.

Those two are fixed as noted in patch notes, but rest of the bugs remain.

As I suspected they did a patch job on some selected abilities whereas to me it looks like a more fundamental problem with the new charge mechanic and pre exisiting cooldown modifiers and needs a more systematic fix.

Just bumping this to confirm that the Interloper/Intercessor ability with Force Leap is not granting the ability to use Force Leap again. The *buff* triggers (at least, the icon shows up), but it has no effect (no additional charge to Force Leap to allow us to leap again).

DEVS, PLEASE CONFIRM AND FIX!

Personally I don't like the change on force leap, I have no idea how long I have now until it comes off cool down with the little hand that spins around, I would rather have the seconds counting down.

^^This.

As a guardian tank I need to know exactly when it's off cooldown, because I sometimes need to call in voice chat how long until I can interrupt with leap, and if I need someone else to do it for me. Calling 9 o'clock or 6 o'clock doesn't tell the rest of the group anything (doesn't tell me anything either, btw), it just distracts everyone from what we are supposed to do. Timing the leap is crucial on some mechanics, and the clock doesn't tell anything. It needs to be changed back to seconds.

^^This.

As a guardian tank I need to know exactly when it's off cooldown, because I sometimes need to call in voice chat how long until I can interrupt with leap, and if I need someone else to do it for me. Calling 9 o'clock or 6 o'clock doesn't tell the rest of the group anything (doesn't tell me anything either, btw), it just distracts everyone from what we are supposed to do. Timing the leap is crucial on some mechanics, and the clock doesn't tell anything. It needs to be changed back to seconds.

Agreed. There is a choice in the UI on how to display cooldowns and this new mechanic completely ignores it. It is not at all helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

can't play my jugg with this bug !!!

anybody know when dev's fix this ?

The UI bug has been fixed, it’s no longer graying out or using the incorrect CD. But the silly clock is still there and extremely annoying. I do hope that will be changed in the future, but it should be noted it’s not a bug, it’s an intended change.

I think the most annoying thing about leap for my Jugg now is it seems the CD is longer than it was before the expansion.

Can anyone confirm the actual CD is longer or has it always been that long and I didn’t notice?