14.7k hit as lethality. How?

-Holmes

Stealth-boosted Crit Lethal Strike full expertise +2% damage from set bonus +15% damage from warzone buff double relic proc on a guy with minimal expertise and low armor (currently affected by tech debuff, armor debuff and elemental debuff). Edited by TACeMossie

Yeah not really sure how that happened. I could understand a lucky crit if you were concealment, but lethality... I would be asking myself the same question. I have no answer for you. Stars aligned, everything proc'd, opponent was under geared sorc, lethal strike from stealth. Even then that damage comes in 2 hits. I don't know. Hardest I've ever hit in lethality is 6k since patch with a single hit. Edited by Saikochoro

Yeah not really sure how that happened. I could understand a lucky crit if you were concealment, but lethality... I would be asking myself the same question. I have no answer for you. Star aligned, everything proc'd, opponent was under geared sorc, lethal strike from stealth. Even then that damage comes in 2 hits. I don't know. Hardest I've iver hit in lethality is 6k since patch with a single hit.

Sometimes when something hits someone it counts both hits as one, e.g. Titan 6's huge grenade in nightmare mode hits you 15 times, but if it kills you it just says that it killed you with huge grenade with [sum of total damage]

Sometimes when something hits someone it counts both hits as one, e.g. Titan 6's huge grenade in nightmare mode hits you 15 times, but if it kills you it just says that it killed you with huge grenade with [sum of total damage]

So is that a one in a million kind of thing, or is it meant to happen every lethal/cull I do? I don't see lethal strike hitting 14k, but maybe a really buffed up cull...

I have hit 12k on a consistent basis as concealment, around 10k-11k for backstab crit from stealth and 12k from volatile substance crit. It would not be hard for me to believe with both dps relics at the same time with the set bonus 2% and guaranteed VS critical hit, with Bloodthirst or Unlimited power an operative could hit 14k. It is very circumstantial, don't get me wrong, but it is far from impossible. And you would be more likely to do so with VS as it is internal damage so ignores armor plus has a higher base amount of damage, whereas backstab from stealth in a fight you would only use once or twice, and without stealth my backstab hits for around 7k-8k on a crit.

Lethality on the other hand, possibly lethal strike but that's a long shot, I doubt it could hit that much, seeing in stealth usually you don't have any relic procs as we don't attack in stealth so cannot proc them. Without the armor penetration from acid blade, I find the idea of any knife attacks even hitting 12k remote, if not just impossible. And our version of cull on a crit for me is either 4k-6k, so no way thats gonna hit 14k.

I can see Cull hitting that hard, altogether, but it's weird because the game only counts each individual hit of cull as its own thing.. I'd regularly do 6-700k damage with a good amount of kills and only have a 4k biggest hit pre 3.0, cause of that, but I seriously don't know what would hit that hard for you. I'd guess a super lucky double relic proc + tech/internal debuffs on a squishy target with Lethal Strike.

There is absolutelly no way that a lethality operative can EVER hit that high(like, EVER!). I have played extensivelly both speccs with my fully Optimized dark reaver OP and the best i have seen so far was 13.8 Volatile substance. Lethality DOES NOT currently have a single ability that hits as hard in one strike. Lethal strike hits two times which means the damage will never register as a single hit at the charts. Same thing applies to CA which hits 2-3 times. Conclusion Either this is some sort of cheat or a private server of sorts. Or some weird freak bug of the Chart.

Concealment is the only OP specc that can hit that high and even then i still havent noticed a hit beyon 13.8.

There is absolutelly no way that a lethality operative can EVER hit that high(like, EVER!). I have played extensivelly both speccs with my fully Optimized dark reaver OP and the best i have seen so far was 13.8 Volatile substance. Lethality DOES NOT currently have a single ability that hits as hard in one strike. Lethal strike hits two times which means the damage will never register as a single hit at the charts. Same thing applies to CA which hits 2-3 times. Conclusion Either this is some sort of cheat or a private server of sorts. Or some weird freak bug of the Chart.

Concealment is the only OP specc that can hit that high and even then i still havent noticed a hit beyon 13.8.

Yes, I'm a hacker. Report me please.

What skill or combination of skills would allow a lethality operative to hit 14.7k in a single hit?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45118787/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-12-13_20_32_30_914154.jpg

I can't reproduce it.

I had this exact hit (14.7K) on my lethality operative but I did not see it happen. Post match I was looking at my stats and hovered for biggest hit and it said 14,700....I was like what?? When??

Ive hit near that with volatile substance. I imagine it is the old scoreboard bug that did that.. IE it combined the hit from all of a cull and a dot tick or two. On my old computer I have a screen shot on my mara, pre-2.0, of a 12k+ hit. Which was impossible at the time. It had combined an annihilate crit, a retaliate, and a deadly sabre tick. They all hit pretty much at the same time, and killed the target.

Volatile substance can totally hit for 14.7k if you have full expertise and you hurt someone with pve gear, both your relics proccing. I'm undergeared and it's hitting for 12k in pvp.

As for lethality, I imagine it's a cull that had every several pieces of it crit (with the toxic blast procs critting as well), but that's what I imagine at least.

edit

Looking at the math, the basic damages of my cull are 3k + 1k for each toxic effect. Then Toxic Shot adds 0.5k for each cull damage. We end up with 3k + .5k + 1k + .5k + 1k + .5k = 7.5k with none of the six pieces critting.

This can get boosted by several things:

• Crits, assuming 70% surge rating, boost damage by 70%. Assuming all 6 pieces crit, you can deal 12.75k
  • Targets at 30% health can take 15% increased damage.
  • Targets without pvp gear can take up to 60% extra damage from you.

Conclusion: We can probably do even more than 15k with cull on a player. Your testing on another player not yielding the damage is probably not taking advantage of 30% health, and even if it was, the chance to crit all 6 shots is about CRIT CHANCE^6.

So if you have 20% crit chance, you have a 0.032% chance to crit all six shots.

On a final note, this is all assuming that the "highest hit" accounts for attacks like cull that have 6 pieces that do damage individually as all one attack.

Which contrary to what people are saying in here, yes, that does happen.

Edited by ShadowShrike

I've hit 13086 backstab from stealth. A few matches later (lvl 60) another op got a 15k crit. Asked him if it was volatile or backstab, but he never answered. I'm guessing volatile. Most of my backstab from stealth and volatile crits are between 10 and 12.5k. Though I'm not fully optimized or augmented yet. Close but not all the way.

Edited by Saikochoro

I've hit 13086 backstab from stealth. A few matches later (lvl 60) another op got a 15k crit. Asked him if it was volatile or backstab, but he never answered. I'm guessing volatile. Most of my backstab from stealth and volatile crits are between 10 and 12.5k. Though I'm not fully optimized or augmented yet. Close but not all the way.

That's great! Now do that in lethality.