Chrysopaz

SalaciousGoodwin

I need Chyrsopaz which is a grade 2 gemstone to craft most of my stuff for my Jedi sentinel. But how come I send my companions on grade 2 gemstone missions THEY NEVER COME BACK WITH ANY!!! They always come back with marilite or nextor crystals or anything else I dont need. And I can't afford $7,500 on the GTN just for 1 chrysopaz crystal. This is just ridiculous. Is this a bug?

I need Chyrsopaz which is a grade 2 gemstone to craft most of my stuff for my Jedi sentinel. But how come I send my companions on grade 2 gemstone missions THEY NEVER COME BACK WITH ANY!!! They always come back with marilite or nextor crystals or anything else I dont need. And I can't afford $7,500 on the GTN just for 1 chrysopaz crystal. This is just ridiculous. Is this a bug?

I expect they are coming back with marilite, as if it were nextor crystals then you're sending them on the wrong missions.

But anyway, back to your point. No, it isn't a bug. Rare materials are only returned on critical successes. These are uncommon.

H.

Treasure hunting crit bonus companions are rare, if at all. If you have enough credits (doesn't sound like you do), the ship droid can get an added bonus now by buying an upgrade.

Other than that, improve chances by improving their affection. If you're trying to craft yourself purple gear while levelling, I'd say save your credits unless you're making them back by other means (e.g. space missions).

You need to crit on the mission and the mission needs to be above Moderate. Send whatever campanion has a crit bouns and/or the higest affection as this affects your crit chance. Also use the mission with the highest cost. My 4000 affection companion gets them about 5%-10% of the time. When trying for purple mats, I only run Rich and Bountiful missions. Edited by Owsley

Your best bet is to gear your alts with augmented blues rather than purples. Better to sell the purples on the GTN in order to get some of your credits back. Purples are nice for status, but aren't an effective use of your creds. Leveling alts will outgrow the gear pretty quickly.