Ancient Pylon : HOW TO THREAD

Hey guys...I just wanted to post this in a seperate forum and will post the same in the other Ancient Pylon threads. My guild has successfully killed/solved this without any bugs for the past 4 weeks using the same mechanic. I made a video explaining how and showing how it had to be done in normal mode with a brief explanation in the description for how to do the fight in Hard Mode. Please watch the video as it should answer your questions. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks! :D

Side note...if you want to know any other boss strats please PM me either here or on youtube and I will make a video, post it and link it to you. Have a great one peeps!

Edited by Underskilled

Got pugged into a Guild run last night. I quit after 45 min of this bugging out. Watching this video makes me sick how easy it actually is.

Why couldnt you post this yesterday????

Thanks for hte Vid.

Edited by Wrenise

Why couldnt you post this yesterday????

I put it up on youtube yesterday but I didnt post to the forums until today...my wife was dragging me away from the PC so I had to wait until today...sorry -_- lol

Yeah this bugged for us for prlly the first 2-3 weeks with some successful attempts but merely pure luck...we kept getting to the point where either we couldnt click to spin or we would get a random mob spawn with 6 of the BIG guys that would **** us -_-

I have yet to try nightmare mode...however on hard mode this strat DOES work...the only difference is that you have to have 2 people alternate clicking...otherwise it is a race against the clock because the longer the encounter goes on the more unmanageable the mobs become

hence why we got 6 adds our first multiple attempts in hard mode because we took our time with clicks and actually clicked one time and noticed that the mobs just spawn on a timer

I have yet to try nightmare mode...however on hard mode this strat DOES work...the only difference is that you have to have 2 people alternate clicking...otherwise it is a race against the clock because the longer the encounter goes on the more unmanageable the mobs become

hence why we got 6 adds our first multiple attempts in hard mode because we took our time with clicks and actually clicked one time and noticed that the mobs just spawn on a timer

While it may have worked for you, I'm not going to argue with that. All I can say, the only sure fire way we've seen it not bug out is to complete the south turns first without clicking, then do the north (do that for all 4). Also make sure the top pillar is not a one turn solve on either puzzle. We've done this weeks in a row with no bugs.

While it may have worked for you, I'm not going to argue with that. All I can say, the only sure fire way we've seen it not bug out is to complete the south turns first without clicking, then do the north (do that for all 4). Also make sure the top pillar is not a one turn solve on either puzzle. We've done this weeks in a row with no bugs.

Yeah I mentioned that in my video...again...we have weeks where south has to be solved first on wheel 2 and 3 and other weeks where it doesnt matter. I think honestly it will be awhile before we get a 100% sure fire answer. If it works for you then NICE...if it aint broke dont fix it :D I just noticed that there are tons of threads on here and a lot of theories...I recall the first time we kept having this boss bug...we ended up killing it by luck...not based on anything we read...like I said almost seems to be coincidental at times -_- I hope I got a fix and it works for ppl

Are you saying that North shouldn't start clicking until south has completed?

Also, I don't know if this video provides any more information than what everyone already knows. Seemed like a very basic how-to.

We tried doing this on HM for a good 30-45 mins with it bugging every time. We tried numerous "tactics" like NSSN, south finishes first every time, clicking the last turn of each row at the same time, and any combination in between. One of the sides would always bug out.

Are you saying that North shouldn't start clicking until south has completed?

If he is, it's not correct. I'm sure it can work that way but it's not necessary at all. Say each side needed 3 turns to solve a wheel...you'd do the first 2 on the North quick as you can (as they should be doing it on the South as well with both sides alternating clickers because of the debuff). You just want to wait on the last turn on the north until the south one has completed. Works every week.

The bug about the 4th wheel needing only one spin is legit though, just have to exit and reset the zone for a new pattern. Hopping up ledges on the left side of the jungle area will allow you to skip a lot of the trash as well.

If he is, it's not correct. I'm sure it can work that way but it's not necessary at all. Say each side needed 3 turns to solve a wheel...you'd do the first 2 on the North quick as you can (as they should be doing it on the South as well with both sides alternating clickers because of the debuff). You just want to wait on the last turn on the north until the south one has completed. Works every week.

The bug about the 4th wheel needing only one spin is legit though, just have to exit and reset the zone for a new pattern. Hopping up ledges on the left side of the jungle area will allow you to skip a lot of the trash as well.

^this

So you're basically saying, south always finishes first, if the top of either pylon only has one click to be solved, reset.

So you're basically saying, south always finishes first, if the top of either pylon only has one click to be solved, reset.

From reading other posts, you can do south always, or N/S/S/N...which makes sense since the only time the consoles seem to become unclickable is after you solve the 2nd or 3rd wheel, WHICH if we notice...a ha! Solving south first on those wheels in either strat.

And yes, if the top (4th) wheel of either pylon only requires one spin, exit area and reset until that is not the case.