Armstech

Filodendron

This is probably the most useless crew skill in game atm. Not only it addresses about 25% of population (since 75% are jedi/sith) but even the mats required/schematic by this crew skill sell at GTN for slightly more than vendor price.

With all this i wonder why you gave grenades to Cybertech?

I only just recently hit 400 in Armstech and the first thing I noticed was that unlike most other crafting Crew Skills, there was nothing that appeared to be at the "Rakata" level from the trainer - I'm sure it's been asked and answered months ago, but could someone explain how one goes about making higher end weapons with Armstech? Is it all schematics that drop in HMs and Ops? Seems like Barrels and Augments being our only real craftable items at 50 is a touch "Ho hum.."

Armstech is:

- The only reliable source of barrels. Barrels are used by 4/8 classes, and by a majority of companions (now that Techblades and Techstaves use barrels)

- The only current source of augmentable guns

- Produces augments not available to other crew skills

- The only reliable source for special off-hand weapons (Scatterguns, Vibroknives) and specialty companion weapons (less so with 1.2, but it's there)

I could keep going. I really love Armstech :)

EDIT: In terms of end-game benefit, you get end-game augments and augmentable guns.I don't believe you can craft end-game barrels as of yet.

Edited by JoyProtocol

This is probably the most useless crew skill in game atm. Not only it addresses about 25% of population (since 75% are jedi/sith) but even the mats required/schematic by this crew skill sell at GTN for slightly more than vendor price.

1. At least on my server I'd disagree with 75% of the population being force users.

2. Even if 1 is true, ~90% of the companions use armstech barrels/weapons, and ALL the healer ones I'm aware of do.

I just unlocked the 3rd tier of my lvl 50 Vibroknife today, it was no small feat. And was astonished to see (probably shouldn't have been) that it was weaker in both damage and tech power than the "recruit" vibroknife from the pvp vendor.

So a rather large ammount of crafting materials & RE attempts < an 11k credit vendor freebie.

/sadface

Edited by wydrune

Armstech is:

- The only reliable source of barrels. Barrels are used by 4/8 classes, and by a majority of companions (now that Techblades and Techstaves use barrels)

- The only current source of augmentable guns

- Produces augments not available to other crew skills

- The only reliable source for special off-hand weapons (Scatterguns, Vibroknives) and specialty companion weapons (less so with 1.2, but it's there)

I could keep going. I really love Armstech :)

EDIT: In terms of end-game benefit, you get end-game augments and augmentable guns.I don't believe you can craft end-game barrels as of yet.

My lev 25 alt can do all of the above... Could have done it at level 8 - but I decided to level a bit.

They have the most popular augments. Crit, Fort and Surge.