Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

Loska

Is this related to the effect error I've been getting for over a week now when trying to give certain companion gifts to my companions? I've lost a few thousand credits on that so far and not sure why they don't work properly? Had it happen again Sunday night. :rak_09:

Doubt it. From the descriptions of the problems, the game server isn't talking to the database server where the game data is stored.

If by "certain companion gifts" you mean courting gifts, that's been a known issue for a very long time now. I don;t even recall it being acknowledged.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it. From the descriptions of the problems, the game server isn't talking to the database server where the game data is stored.

If by "certain companion gifts" you mean courting gifts, that's been a known issue for a very long time now. I don;t even recall it being acknowledged.

Nah they were various types as in Technology, Military, Weapon, etc. Courting gifts seem to be a waste since none of my companions have yet wanted anything to do with them, except for the droid ~LOL~ It started after last week's update and is just a tad annoying! :rak_03:

Server: 1

Player base: 0

2 years ago:

BWA employee: "We'll buy these servers on sale"

Store clerk: ""Well, they're on sale because they may not be reliable. But you should get a few years use out of it"

BWA employee: "Ok, I'll just buy one and we'll set it to the largest server"

Store clerk: "You sure?"

BWA employee: "Yep, it will be EXCITING"

Store clerk: "ok, thanks for your purchase Mr Irving"

2 years ago:

Store clerk: ""Well, they're on sale because they may not be reliable. But you should get a few years use out of it"

I am pretty sure they didn't just buy them from a store.

I've seen pictures of mmorpg servers, you're looking at a floor, if not a small building.

Oh, and it's probably a 3rd party dataserver, even Blizzard doesn't use 100% of their own servers (it's just not always viable).

Edited by AshlaBoga

2 years ago:

More like.

BWA employee #1: We need some new servers but they say we can't spend money on anything other than cartel.

BWA employee #2: No problem, I got a friend who has servers in his garage but they aren't exactly reliable.

BWA employee #3: As long as they kind of work, who cares? maybe we can get overtime from all the maintenance we'll be doing.

• Dev Post

Alright, got a few updates!

What happened? During maintenance today we did extensive back-end database maintenance to the Harbinger. These issues are a side-effect from that maintenance.

How much longer? We have isolated a fix for the issue and are working on it as I type this. We estimate about an hour from now to get the fix implemented. Then at that point we will need to verify the fix, etc. So we are a looking at more than an hour still, but we are well on the path to getting it resolved.

What will happen to my characters? If you haven't logged in since today's maintenance, there will be no impact at all. If you did login today, it is still likely that you will not be impacted (there is no rollback). There are some circumstances which could cause you to be missing an item or two once we are live again. We are isolating the impacted characters and what items are missing so we can restore them. Our goal is to have that happen without the need for you to contact CS. I will update you once I have more information.

TLDR - We are looking at an ETA of over an hour still and there shouldn't be impact to most characters. More to come!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

*sighs* Poor Aric. First he becomes a widower overnight and I disappear for five years due to carbonite freezing and now the server goes down and he might just become a widower again. Poor kitty never gets a break!

Also, the server sale or garage theories are way off. They were built by WoW playing aliens! They only work in a certain galaxy far, far away and it's obviously not this one! ~LOL~

Hey, at least they're trying to fix the issues. Shame it's always Harbinger that gets hit. Hopefully it'll be back before Aric joins the Foreign Legion on Alderaan and gets blown to bits!

Now, where are all these cookies I've heard so much about?????? :D :D :D

Edited by Dahlyia

As soon as I can log, I'm submitting a ticket for the five alts that've completely lost their BiS endgame top tier gear to be replaced.

...of course, I won't mention that the five alts lost the top tier gear as of 5.0, when we had to grind hundreds of hours to regain the level of progression we were already at in 4.0, with no new group content to use the gear on anyway.

Edited by Markark

What happened? During maintenance today we did extensive back-end database maintenance to the Harbinger. These issues are a side-effect from that maintenance.

How much longer? We have isolated a fix for the issue and are working on it as I type this. We estimate about an hour from now to get the fix implemented. Then at that point we will need to verify the fix, etc. So we are a looking at more than an hour still, but we are well on the path to getting it resolved.

What will happen to my characters? If you haven't logged in since today's maintenance, there will be no impact at all. If you did login today, it is still likely that you will not be impacted (there is no rollback). There are some circumstances which could cause you to be missing an item or two once we are live again. We are isolating the impacted characters and what items are missing so we can restore them. Our goal is to have that happen without the need for you to contact CS. I will update you once I have more information.

TLDR - We are looking at an ETA of over an hour still and there shouldn't be impact to most characters. More to come!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank you so much for the updates. It's appreciated.

As soon as I can log, I'm submitting a ticket for the five alts that've completely lost their BiS endgame top tier gear to be replaced.

...of course, I won't mention that the five alts lost the top tier gear as of 5.0, when we had to grind hundreds of hours to regain the level of progression we were already at in 4.0, with no new group content to use the gear on anyway.

Did you read Eric's post at all?

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for the updates!

Really hope items have not been lost! because ppl have mentioned full legacy sets of 248 going missing,

Seems awfully convenient that these poor souls had min maxed 248s on ten toons that need to be restored :rolleyes:

Lol, im sure its not 10, but there are ppl who could be looking at 1 set of 9 legacy parts missing.