Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

Pantheros
04.30.2012 , 01:57 PM | #651
4 months late and a dollar short

rakuenCallisto
04.30.2012 , 01:58 PM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by Pantheros View Post
5 months late and a million dollars short
Fix'd.
[|||ē||||]

HeavensAgent
04.30.2012 , 01:58 PM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by rakuenCallisto View Post
No you don't.

They will be right there if you decide to resubscribe.
By that argument, they would be if he simply rerolled, too.

Torcer
04.30.2012 , 01:59 PM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Reroll on a more populated server or pay to move to one. Not all of us want 1000s of people ninja'n everything. Some of us prefer a lightly populated server. There are plenty of standard to heavy ones just pick one and join a guild there. You expect them to totally re-write the game for you and change all the zones etc? I mean come on. Also if you came here expecting WoW no wonder you are disappointed.
I canít figure out your hostility? I never stated that I wanted them to rewrite the game; Iím not sure where youíre getting that from? Iím not QQing about how TOR sucks, itís a good game and I want it to be successful. A healthier sized population will help sustain a community, increase the long term viability of TOR and make for a more pleasurable and fun experience. Without the people, TOR is just a single player game and those never last long.

As for rerolling, on a more populated server, thatís not really a solution after 5 months of building up characters on this one. TOR is self consciously a Casual oriented MMO, asking people with full time jobs and families to restart a game theyíve spent five months playing isnít a reasonable request since few casual players will do this before they just quit. By contrast, Server Transfers fix directly address the low population problem without expecting people start from scratch and reinvest five months of their time.

I have no doubt that some Guilds prefer low population since they donít have to compete for access to content. Keeping the servers low Population in order to please a handful of top tier guilds isnít a good enough reason to avoid server mergers for a game designed primarily for casual players. Large guilds are simply not for most players for various reasons (I've been in large guilds before, will avoid derailing by elaborating).

As for WoW, canít say I ever expected WoW, I only brought up other MMOs in regard to zone and server population.

MefuneAkira
04.30.2012 , 01:59 PM | #655
As it stands from the current announcement...

When the transfer options starts...

You can either let BW pick what server your characters get transferred to
or
You can pay to chose what server you would like your characters to be transfer to.

Not that complicated, even with the finer details to come.

My issue is that new players, once the transfer option has started and severs begin to fill up, will get to chose their initial busy server and the rest of us loyal players who have been here since the beginning, will have to pay to chose ours....and I think that sucks!

Should be all round free for a limited time!

rakuenCallisto
04.30.2012 , 02:00 PM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
By that argument, they would be if he simply rerolled, too.
??? Are you on the same page as me?

If I unsubscribe and go away for a few months, just like any mmo ever, my toons and everything they had will still be there. Same with Legacy.

Otherwise people would never resubscribe back to any mmo.
[|||ē||||]

Quinlynn
04.30.2012 , 02:01 PM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
Of course, doing what you recommend never solves faction imbalance, either.
Can't tell if serious.

merging a high Repub server with a high Empire server does provide something closer to faction balance.

How does it not?

HeavensAgent
04.30.2012 , 02:02 PM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by Torcer View Post
As for rerolling, on a more populated server, thatís not really a solution after 5 months of building up characters on this one. TOR is self consciously a Casual oriented MMO, asking people with full time jobs and families to restart a game theyíve spent five months playing isnít a reasonable request since few casual players will do this before they just quit. By contrast, Server Transfers fix directly address the low population problem without expecting people start from scratch and reinvest five months of their time.
Sure it's a solution. People in this exact situation continue to reroll even now. Alternatively, you can wait until they get the hardware in place and can offer transfers.

HeavensAgent
04.30.2012 , 02:03 PM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by MefuneAkira View Post
My issue is that new players, once the transfer option has started and severs begin to fill up, will get to chose their initial busy server and the rest of us loyal players who have been here since the beginning, will have to pay to chose ours....and I think that sucks!
This is different than the normal operation of an MMORPG title how?

HeavensAgent
04.30.2012 , 02:05 PM | #660
Quote: Originally Posted by rakuenCallisto View Post
??? Are you on the same page as me?

If I unsubscribe and go away for a few months, just like any mmo ever, my toons and everything they had will still be there. Same with Legacy.
The same is true if you reroll servers. The characters and legacy remains intact on the old server. Perhaps you're the one that doesn't understand what I was responding to?