Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

Jonoku
04.28.2012 , 05:43 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by sidiouswumpscut View Post
You will be paying to go to the server of your choice don't be fooled people. "Free" transfers will be limited to a list bioware will limit these transfers to. The fact that every sub isn't being offered free one time server transfer per character over xxlvl, is simply them telling me to cancel my subscription. The game is pretty damn good, dont get me wrong, but bioware must have thier head's up thier #*@, with GW2 and Diablo3 coming out it's gonna be very easy for those of us on the fence about staying and "dealing with" the server population issues to just cancel. Use your brain tho, it's called "spin" if you aren't media savy. By simply putting the word "free" out there in the article, that key word can be latched onto and argued by morons to divert the attention away from the subject matter, despite not arguing about what is actualy being given free.
Ya if I don't get the free transfer to transfer to the server I want then I'm just going to take a break from the game until something big happens in this game, my hopes are in GW2. I'm not paying for transfers, its bioware's fault population is dropping, BIOWARE'S FAULT.

HeavensAgent
04.28.2012 , 05:50 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Ya if I don't get the free transfer to transfer to the server I want then I'm just going to take a break from the game until something big happens in this game, my hopes are in GW2. I'm not paying for transfers, its bioware's fault population is dropping, BIOWARE'S FAULT.
But population is only marginally dropping, and at a much smaller rate than is expected in the industry from historical data. So ... you're actually stating Bioware is doing a good job.

TheMunny
04.28.2012 , 05:57 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by ViperI View Post
"Early Summer?" Sorry, too little too late.
Yup, "early summer" means August lol. I will be looooooong gone by then.

TheMunny
04.28.2012 , 06:03 PM | #254
You will be paying to go to the server of your choice don't be fooled people. "Free" transfers will be limited to a list bioware will limit these transfers to. The fact that every sub isn't being offered free one time server transfer per character over xxlvl, is simply them telling me to cancel my subscription. The game is pretty damn good, dont get me wrong, but bioware must have thier head's up thier #*@, with GW2 and Diablo3 coming out it's gonna be very easy for those of us on the fence about staying and "dealing with" the server population issues to just cancel. Use your brain tho, it's called "spin" if you aren't media savy. By simply putting the word "free" out there in the article, that key word can be latched onto and argued by morons to divert the attention away from the subject matter, despite not arguing about what is actualy being given free.

"is swtor the WoW killer"....."no, swtor is the swtor killer"
/Applaud!!!

Someone else actually gets 'it'. Buzz words such as 'Free!' is all the average consumer will get from that Statement lol. In 3 days they will be arguing over the "Free" portion and forget all about the real underlying issues....

sidiouswumpscut
04.28.2012 , 06:04 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
But population is only marginally dropping, and at a much smaller rate than is expected in the industry from historical data. So ... you're actually stating Bioware is doing a good job.
My fellow citizens, there is no basis to these rumours of an alien attack, the missile silos are perfectly safe.....

My fellow subscribers, there is no basis to these rumours of low population servers, the game is perfectly fine.....

Funny how there are people in real life who fall for such simpleton propaganda, when all they have to do is look around themselves and use thier eyes, and not listen to the machine distorting reality....

celebrei
04.28.2012 , 06:19 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
You're kidding right? Either you jest or ur a Bioware employee in disguise

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 06:24 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by celebrei View Post
You're kidding right? Either you jest or ur a Bioware employee in disguise
So if you complain and use hyperbole and claim that subs are falling based on NOTHING empirical, you're cool, but if you state things exactly as they are objectively, without "interpreting", you're a BioWare employee.

Gotcha.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

celebrei
04.28.2012 , 06:37 PM | #258
The problem with the character transfer service is that it should have been present much much earlier like February since that was the starting month of the marginal drop in subscribers after the one month free game time upon purchase of SWTOR, TERA online will have these service READILY AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH while SWTOR pushing 5 months since rocket launch has yet to implement this service save for the one time free and convoluted Asia Pacific server transfers.

Oofpez
04.28.2012 , 07:00 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by celebrei View Post
The problem with the character transfer service is that it should have been present much much earlier like February since that was the starting month of the marginal drop in subscribers after the one month free game time upon purchase of SWTOR, TERA online will have these service READILY AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH while SWTOR pushing 5 months since rocket launch has yet to implement this service save for the one time free and convoluted Asia Pacific server transfers.
Tera was released a year and a half ago. (well, a year and three months, but meh...) So they've had time to add character transfers and a LFG system, not to mention, they only have like 8 servers, so repetitive names aren't that much of a problem..

I'm glad that they're finally releasing character transfers, and that they'll be free (to a point). Hopefully, the free transfers will allow people on low pop servers to transfer to standard pop servers (because obviously, high and full servers should NOT be allowed to be transferred to). They should also allow free transferring off full servers (say, Fatman) to standard pop servers to alleviate some of that queue time (because there are many people who rerolled on Fatman).

After they roll out those transfers, they should start to close down some of the light dead servers (because yes, there are some out there) and merge them with the lower pop standard servers.

HeavensAgent
04.28.2012 , 07:19 PM | #260
My fellow subscribers, there is no basis to these rumours of low population servers, the game is perfectly fine.....

Funny how there are people in real life who fall for such simpleton propaganda, when all they have to do is look around themselves and use thier eyes, and not listen to the machine distorting reality....
I'm not denying the population issues being experienced on empty servers. That said, there's no evidence that the game has experienced any substantial losses in player population since the launch-bubble burst. In fact, there is considerable evidence demonstrating that the population has remained fairly steady since that point, both presented by Bioware and collected independently by the player community.

If you wish to speak of "machines distorting reality," I'd recommend that you first find some way of verifying your own words. Mine are substantiated by numerous sources. Yours, however, are nothing more than baseless claims and beliefs.