Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

Kabaal
04.28.2012 , 02:55 AM | #141
I doubt they'll let us move free to any of the current heavy pop servers as it would just overload them. I'm thinking that if i'm still here i'll hang back once the transfers happen and keep an eye on the ones they give as a choice to see which become the more populated then make a decision. If none of them end up with a heavy population i'll either pay to move to a decent one or i'll be gone, it will just depend whether it happens sooner rather than later.

recsa
04.28.2012 , 03:00 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Really? You know which servers will have to pay to get to which servers? No? Then no one has any room to talk here.
Have you, biodrone, even read Dev's reply?? the free server transfers will be only available to Promotional servers, obviously those will not be FATMAN (US), TOMB OF FREEDOM NAD (EU), ... and such
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:01 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
I doubt they'll let us move free to any of the current heavy pop servers as it would just overload them. I'm thinking that if i'm still here i'll hang back once the transfers happen and keep an eye on the ones they give as a choice to see which become the more populated then make a decision. If none of them end up with a heavy population i'll either pay to move to a decent one or i'll be gone, it will just depend whether it happens sooner rather than later.
Even if it was free, why the hell would you want to?? Well, it doesn't matter. RIFT already proved that most MMOers are smart enough not to transfer to a heavy server.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:01 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
Have you, biodrone, even read Dev's reply?? the free server transfers will be only available to Promotional servers, obviously those will not be FATMAN (US), TOMB OF FREEDOM NAD (EU), ... and such
Thank gawd. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some that were dumb enough to do that...
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Shamballa
04.28.2012 , 03:03 AM | #145
Really? You know which servers will have to pay to get to which servers? No? Then no one has any room to talk here.
As others have said as well, it seems like a pretty safe bet to assume we will not be allowed to freely transfer to high population servers. Those servers do not need more players. The promotional or targeted servers will likely (logically) be low population and likely several other low population servers will get the chance to all move to and consolidate on it, effectively the merger I am arguing for.

Any other course of action by Bioware would be....highly illogical IMO or represent a serious deviation from the plan laid out in the quotes from the dev that started this thread.

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:04 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Shamballa View Post
As others have said as well, it seems like a pretty safe bet to assume we will not be allowed to freely transfer to high population servers. Those servers do not need more players. The promotional or targeted servers will likely (logically) be low population and likely several other low population servers will get the chance to all move to and consolidate on it, effectively the merger I am arguing for.

Any other course of action by Bioware would be....highly illogical IMO or represent a serious deviation from the plan laid out in the quotes from the dev that started this thread.
Light to Standard is my bet. That'd be the smartest move. Which presents the player with a LARGE list of servers.

Thus, no paying.

Kabaal
04.28.2012 , 03:06 AM | #147
Even if it was free, why the hell would you want to?? Well, it doesn't matter. RIFT already proved that most MMOers are smart enough not to transfer to a heavy server.
The better question would be, why wouldn't I? I don't do PvE and spend my time solely in Warzones, the less time standing around doing nothing waiting for matches to pop the better.

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:10 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
The better question would be, why wouldn't I? I don't do PvE and spend my time solely in Warzones, the less time standing around doing nothing waiting for matches to pop the better.
Yes. Absolutely. Once you pass the 3 hour queue to log in, right?

recsa
04.28.2012 , 03:11 AM | #149
Thank gawd. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some that were dumb enough to do that...
Have you even stop to think most of us rerolled on those servers weeks ago? right now we have lvl 50 toons working on end game content on those high pop servers, and coming from a dead server it is like paradise, so now we have to definitively say good bye to our "old toons and legacy" or pay ... maybe its ok for you, sure you are not in that situation, but its not ok for me.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

JeramieCrowe
04.28.2012 , 03:13 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
Have you even stop to think most of us rerolled on those servers weeks ago? right now we have lvl 50 toons working on end game content on those high pop servers, and coming from a dead server it is like paradise, so now we have to definitively say good bye to our "old toons and legacy" or pay ... maybe its ok for you, sure you are not in that situation, but its not ok for me.
I remember all the threads last week of people begging others to stop rolling on Fatman. I also remember seeing quite the queue on that server for several days.

You really wanna repeat that?