The lack of response from SWTOR team on stream

BallisticKaine

So here it is, I asked Chris Schmidt a legitimate question during the stream and I got banned for 9 minutes. So know I come to the forums and ask Eric Musco, Keith Kanneg, Charles Boyd, and Chris Schmidt yet again. We haven't heard more regarding unranked PvP deserter lockout. The community has voiced their opinion on it and the only response we have really gotten is that we will try it and see how it works. Personally that is a terrible business model and horrible way to listen to your players. That is supposed to be implemented next week on July 28th patch. That is a week away and we haven't heard anymore. The community is speaking out against this. Are you guys willing to sacrifice players if this goes live?

I've gotten exactly one reply from making comments during a livestream. I was making an obnoxious comment about the level of bugs that generally accompanies their patches, which elicited a suggestion i bring my entire guild to pts.

You really expect a reply about any kind of actual issue?

Edited by KendraP

Deserter lockout is fine. People have 20+ toons anyway

No it's not fine, my subscription run out in 2 days and I won't re-sub until 2 things:

1 - deserter debuff is gone

2 - option to disable Huttball.

Even having alts I don't want to deal with the INCONVENIENCE of putting all my gear on the bank, log on my alt to get all the gear then re-join the party and re-queue. Can you see the bigger picture here instead of just saying "people have alts"?

Chris Schmidt

Chris is doing an amazing job responding to community members. He hops in streams, he is in many SWTOR discords, and he acknowledges many different issues related to the game. Out of any community member Chris has connected the most with the players. He is fantastic.

We haven't heard more regarding unranked PvP deserter lockout. The community has voiced their opinion on it and the only response we have really gotten is that we will try it and see how it works.

A quote from Chris in the TheoryCrafter's discord:

https://discord.com/channels/613633744246407178/715836713037070406/732703488970064024

I'm willing to try things to see how they affect behavior. If we don't like what's happening, we can remove the change fairly quickly. We're committted to being flexible, but don't want to be afraid to try something new.
Edited by septru

No it's not fine, my subscription run out in 2 days and I won't re-sub until 2 things:

Even having alts I don't want to deal with the INCONVENIENCE of putting all my gear on the bank, log on my alt to get all the gear then re-join the party and re-queue. Can you see the bigger picture here instead of just saying "people have alts"?

you promise to unsub?

Quote:

I'm willing to try things to see how they affect behavior. If we don't like what's happening, we can remove the change fairly quickly. We're committed to being flexible, but don't want to be afraid to try something new. "Chris Schmidt"

Why try something the community is voicing that it isn't needed or wanted in unranked PvP? And the response of it can be removed quickly is a joke. They never remove things quickly or fix things quickly. Until they allow us to choose maps, not be grouped with people in PvP due to lack of participation or toxic behavior, and fix the algorithm for how teams are formed. No one asked for this and the majority don't want it. The community has openly spoke out against this. This has disaster written all over it.

Edited by BallisticKaine

Why try something the community is voicing that it isn't needed or wanted in unranked PvP?

I for one, am not completely against the changes. I think players that against it are more against change in general, than actually have a valid reason to be against the deserter que.

Why do players have to leave matches?

1) You backfill into games that are already half way finished and is most likely a loss.

Well this backfills aren't going to happen much anymore because people will leave less games to begin with.

2) You are against a premade/getting their *** kicked.

I remember a day when regs were decently competitive. When the average pug could stand a chance against premades. Maybe this concept is so out of the world because in the past years the culture of regs players is to leave every game that they have the smallest chance of losing, but I for one enjoy games that are hard. If every pug and less experienced reg player stayed in matches when they got their *** handed to them maybe they would actually learn and get better.

3) You dislike the map.

The devs already said they are getting rid of Quesh and Vandin Huttball and lowering the pop rate of OPG, the three most hated maps. Maybe you hate Voidstar, maybe you hate Yavin Ruins... they can't accommodate for everyone.

At this point players need to get their head outa their *** and realize that deserter que might actually help the game.

Edited by septru

The handful of people on the forums complaining about it is hardly the "community." And there's been just as many threads over the years asking for a lockout, so it goes both ways.

Stop being salty and just finish the match and you wont have to deal with the lockout. I had a match just now in queshball where it was nothing but a team of skank tanks and healers. I just dealt with it and moved on.

Edited by Raansu

The handful of people on the forums complaining about it is hardly the "community." And there's been just as many threads over the years asking for a lockout, so it goes both ways.

Stop being salty and just finish the match and you wont have to deal with the lockout. I had a match just now in queshball where it was nothing but a team of skank tanks and healers. I just dealt with it and moved on.

Why play anything else? ;)

But to your point, there are some broken mechanics that just make any match a completely 1-sided affair. You just have to eat it sometimes. It's frustrating when you get match after match after match this way because of team of tank-healer-AP PT and dps queue together. And then the only thing you can do is quit and hope to get "out of sync" with them.

Edited by StrikePrice

It's just not on the forums though. Twitter has been flooded with this also about not adding the deserter lockout to unranked.

Imagine how good matchmaking would be if people didn’t leave matches every queue.

That said, I hope there are fewer huttballs going forward.

Imagine how good matchmaking would be if people didn’t leave matches every queue.

No see, that's backwards thinking. If you're in a queue sync with a premade, the only way to get out of it is to leave the match and try and get another match. If you play it out, you get the same premade over and over and over again. And, thanks to broken mechanics, a premade of 4 is enough to handle any team of 8.

Imagine if the algorithm actually made matchmaking fair. Or if you didn't get the same map over and over and over again.

No see, that's backwards thinking. If you're in a queue sync with a premade, the only way to get out of it is to leave the match and try and get another match. If you play it out, you get the same premade over and over and over again. And, thanks to broken mechanics, a premade of 4 is enough to handle any team of 8.

That’s why you wait a min or 2 before queuing again to get out of that “first come first serve” cycle. The game matches people based on their “hidden elo” and on how long they’ve been queued. When you leave a match, the game back fills any rando (or seems to).

Secondly, if you run in a premade that wins all the time, you’re going to have a bad time when you solo queue. Your elo will be high af.

Finally, I heard that if you stare into a bathroom mirror with the lights off while holding an unlit black candle, then say “Musco” three times, you gain +100 to all RNG/matchmaking rolls for an hour.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

That’s why you wait a min or 2 before queuing again to get out of that “first come first serve” cycle. The game matches people based on their “hidden elo” and on how long they’ve been queued. When you leave a match, the game back fills any rando (or seems to).

Secondly, if you run in a premade that wins all the time, you’re going to have a bad time when you solo queue. Your elo will be high af.

Finally, I heard that if you stare into a bathroom mirror with the lights off while holding an unlit black candle, then say “Musco” three times, you gain +100 to all RNG/matchmaking rolls for an hour.

Why would it allow groups to queue into solos anyway? It should disallow that and randomize people who queue close to the same time to make sure teams don't get in together.

EA Bioware not responding to players? That is new!

No. I haven't seen worse community management than this game. Just play the game for what it is, avoid the part you don't like, and don't forget to sing prase to our Lord the omniscient Bioware when they grace us with New Content that we Need but we Didn't Know.

They won't do either. if they remove the deserter debuff, people will just abuse the system more. Not saying it's a great system, but till something better comes along it's all we have.

they'll never get rid of hutt ball, look how long it took for them to admit there was something wrong with the two new maps, which they've finally pulled, until fixed, they will be back though. Huttball is someones baby, and they are protectng it like a mother hen, we'll never get an option to disable it, even if it kills PvP.

They won't do either. if they remove the deserter debuff, people will just abuse the system more. Not saying it's a great system, but till something better comes along it's all we have.

they'll never get rid of hutt ball, look how long it took for them to admit there was something wrong with the two new maps, which they've finally pulled, until fixed, they will be back though. Huttball is someones baby, and they are protectng it like a mother hen, we'll never get an option to disable it, even if it kills PvP.

lolwut. They're implementing deserter debuff in the next patch. It's not in place yet for regs and pretty sure he's not talking about the one in ranked.

They are lowering the chance to get huttball by setting up the queue by match type, so huttball is only as likely to pop as any of the other types, but not more likely.

lolwut. They're implementing deserter debuff in the next patch. It's not in place yet for regs and pretty sure he's not talking about the one in ranked.

They are lowering the chance to get huttball by setting up the queue by match type, so huttball is only as likely to pop as any of the other types, but not more likely.

if you read his post, you will see he said "1 - deserter debuff is gone" which is what I answered. They won't get rid of it

And his second point was 2 - option to disable Huttball. Which again is what I answered, it's some thing they are never going to do. So before you jump down my posts at least have read them first.