Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

NuSeC

It feels a lot like the old movies all over again. Reskinned it a bit.

That being said I did enjoy some of the scenes, although to me the scenes with Finn and Rose felt a bit forced and not really adding something extra to the story.

The Finn and Rose parts feel to me like RJ showed everybody his finished script and then somebody reminded him that there was that ex-stormtrooper character and he didn’t write any scenes for him. RJ was all “he can stay in that bacta tank for all I care!” And the producers told him he had to put him back in it.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels a lot like the old movies all over again. Reskinned it a bit.

That being said I did enjoy some of the scenes, although to me the scenes with Finn and Rose felt a bit forced and not really adding something extra to the story.

I first saw the Finn and Rose scenes to be a waste of time, but from closer look, they might actually have given a lesson for Finn in the form of DJ: He showed Finn how not everyone aren't simply good or bad but how there are those who are willing to stay in-between - and profit at same notion. A sort of harsh reality maybe and shows

The Finn and Rose parts feel to me like RJ showed everybody his finished script and then somebody reminded him that there was that ex-stormtrooper character and he didn’t write any scenes for him. RJ was all “he can stay in that bacta tank for all I care!” And the producers told him he had to put him back in it.

Lol... I totally get that. And, really, it would have been a little more interesting for them to leave Finn in a bacta tank for entire movie. They could even have made a suspenseful moment trying to evacuate him from the ship.

Lol... I totally get that. And, really, it would have been a little more interesting for them to leave Finn in a bacta tank for entire movie. They could even have made a suspenseful moment trying to evacuate him from the ship.

I agree, the way they used him in the movie was a little ridicules, especially with this love interest that some how loves him because they spent like 13 minutes with each other. His character had a lot of potential, more so than to be left on some side mission that ended up not counting for anything anyways.

#Finn-theforceuser

To me, that whole side story/love-story felt as forced as Leiah's superman moment.

I agree, the way they used him in the movie was a little ridicules, especially with this love interest that some how loves him because they spent like 13 minutes with each other. His character had a lot of potential, more so than to be left on some side mission that ended up not counting for anything anyways.

#Finn-theforceuser

To me, that whole side story/love-story felt as forced as Leiah's superman moment.

And just imagine the moment when he would wake up and find out that nearly the entire Resistance is gone. He'd freak out! I'm telling you, they missed a golden opportunity with that.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching TLJ and i liked it, well i liked everything except the recycled SWTOR content aka see list below:

- the huge cannon outside Resistence base

- King's Cannon on Voss/ Omnicanon on Gravestone

- Princess Leia saying " my son is gone"

- Senya saying " my daughter is gone"

gone as in "lost to the dark side" in both cases

- Kylo Ren killing Snoke then blaming Rey for it

- Arcann killing Valkorion and blaming the Outlander for it

- Snoke's arrogance

- Valkorion's arrogance

- Kylo Ren being a vengeful mentally unstable force sensitive

- Arcann being a vengeful mentally unstable force sensitive

I hope you got the idea :D