Sick of the knockbacks

Sharpiie

So every class pretty much gets a knockback. What's really getting annoying is how I charge in and get knocked back right away, so then I have to walk aback to this person, by that time im already like 60% health, I just think that this is stupid how everyone gets a knockback, take some away or something.

I just wanted to QQ because this was pissing me off.

Train 12 points into the Vengeance tree for Unstoppable: 4 sec CC immunity and 20% less dmg taken after every Force Charge. With the new Force Push change.. that's essentially 8+ seconds at the start of a fight every minute where we are un-CC-able.

Also works well for scoring huttball goals. Charge a guy on the ledge, push him into the goal line... charge again. All while CC immune and taking 20% less dmg.

Train 12 points into the Vengeance tree for Unstoppable: 4 sec CC immunity and 20% less dmg taken after every Force Charge. With the new Force Push change.. that's essentially 8+ seconds at the start of a fight every minute where we are un-CC-able.

Also works well for scoring huttball goals. Charge a guy on the ledge, push him into the goal line... charge again. All while CC immune and taking 20% less dmg.

This works great if you are a Jugg. Those of us that play Mara's are pretty much hosed over entirely by knockbacks and frankly knockbacks are so prevalent and on such short CD's I spent half my time of every WZ slowly trying to walk back to my target after being knocked back repeatedly and chain snared. With a single CC break on a long CD we get kited pretty hardcore in WZs.

Juggs have the tools to deal with this, Maras don't. :(

Knockbacks, Knockdowns, Stuns, CC's... all of it largly just ruins pvp for me, they are too prevelant and the durations are too long. Resolve is bad, and its easily gamed by oppenents to get around. The Resolve system should be pitched for a normal recourse system like any other game has used ever. My pvp time has dropped dramatically simply because I get tired of dealing with the CC fest of SWTOR combat.

I'm a mara, and what do you want me to do run towards them with no rage and auto attack him? While he can still do damage to me at a distance.

That is the best tatic if you're not liking getting knocked off.

Also auto attack people along the way if you can. Or just go on someone else.

Because from what I've know when you get on the target it's like **** helpz helpz i r being deeeeps dead.

This works great if you are a Jugg. Those of us that play Mara's are pretty much hosed over entirely by knockbacks and frankly knockbacks are so prevalent and on such short CD's I spent half my time of every WZ slowly trying to walk back to my target after being knocked back repeatedly and chain snared. With a single CC break on a long CD we get kited pretty hardcore in WZs.

Juggs have the tools to deal with this, Maras don't. :(

Try to obliterate right went they push you. Do it at the right time and you won't go flying.

Knockbacks, Knockdowns, Stuns, CC's... all of it largly just ruins pvp for me, they are too prevelant and the durations are too long. Resolve is bad, and its easily gamed by oppenents to get around. The Resolve system should be pitched for a normal recourse system like any other game has used ever. My pvp time has dropped dramatically simply because I get tired of dealing with the CC fest of SWTOR combat.

^This. CC is out of control in this game. Resolve needs to be scrapped and CC immunities for each type of CC added with long timers.

^This. CC is out of control in this game. Resolve needs to be scrapped and CC immunities for each type of CC added with long timers.

How about they take away the mechanics that range class's don't need like a stun or a knock back or a slow or any of the numerous mechanics they have and give some up to the melee for a change.

Every time I see a Vangaurd Force Pull me I rage that a range class has a melee mechanic.

Don't just mindlessly charge people if you know that they will knockback you, if my target hasn't targetted me then I simply walk up to the guy and start bashing, and when that target uses his/her knockback then I use my charge, if I'm being targetted and cannot charge then I simply use camoflauge and walk up to my target to bash some more.

How about they take away the mechanics that range class's don't need like a stun or a knock back or a slow or any of the numerous mechanics they have and give some up to the melee for a change.

Every time I see a Vangaurd Force Pull me I rage that a range class has a melee mechanic.

Good, good. Use the range and the hate to fuel the power of the Dark Side.:D

On the more serious note, I agree. A class with a lot of ranged options getting a baseline pull over a class with severely limited ranged options - what's up with that... I want a krakking pull - even if it's a 31-point Defense\Immortal.

Knockbacks should be unuseable in PVP.

Unless you are rage specced you are pretty much boned after u charge in and in huttbal it's awful just really awful. CC was bad enough but knockbacks too yeh fckin Bioware.

Disagree. I love knockbacks, especially when it comes to playing terrain. I can either insta-kill, or throw a single enemy out of the fight for enough time to either reduce\negate their advantage in number, or create such an advantage for my group.

However, there's just too many knockbacks flying around in melee zone. They need to give them a much longer cooldown - 1 minute would suit an AoE knockback just fine. Of course, classes that are affected by it be compensated, but not with another instant root, or whatever.

What I don't understand is why knockbacks have to have a slow or root attached to them. I don't care if you have to spec into it, but being knocked back is bad enough without being immobilized or slowed. It just becomes game breaking.

apologize for bad English

dont use Force Charge/Force Leap on cooldown, because FC/FL emergency gap closer. Allow the enemy to use knockback before you need FC/FL..

btw it does not help you, because Jag broken. The best thing you can do, running taunt / root everything. You can play, but there is nothing that the assassin / PT could not do better than you.

again sorry for the bad language

What I don't understand is why knockbacks have to have a slow or root attached to them. I don't care if you have to spec into it, but being knocked back is bad enough without being immobilized or slowed. It just becomes game breaking.

Actually, yeah, a valid point. They aren't that bad on their own. But roots (even talented), are a bit too much.

I have to agree the knockbacks in this game are frustrating at times.I dont mind cc even though it's pretty frequent in this game cause i also have that cc to use in times.

Knockbacks are most annoying in huttball of course.You will start to learn some things though the more you play your class and have awareness.

Like dont use force charge right away cause they'll knock you back as soon as you hit them(unless your a jugg/guard with the immune tactic after charge).

I try to position myself so if they do knock me back ill stay on the platforms in huttball.

There is nothing more annoying than the Talz on Ilum that knock you down and back and then they just keep coming. I once got knocked by a group into another group that kept bashing me and keeping me down on the ground until I died, I couldn't stand up (unleash already used once) or do anything.

This is more of a designflaw on Ilum than anything else though, there should be a strong diminishing return on whatever skill they use.