Positive Ranked Experience

Shadrachwacker

Hello, new player here. I just wanted to share my experience so far with ranked. After queueing a lot in preseason I decided I would give season 13 a whirl. Well i have had an absolute blast so far playing ranked. I have a small sample size right now (I am 8-10) around 1100 rating, but it has been a lot of fun. I'm a very competitive person so the challenge of getting better and trying to win has sparked my ranked thirst.

So far the players i have played with have been good. Very minimal toxicity. Im very inconsistent right now, and players have done a good job pointing out what im doing wrong and i usually am able to fix them the next round. Of course I've had rounds where I've done poor DPS (usually cause I'm trying to taunt the right target and off guard) or get killed without popping cloak even once. This has led to me catching some flak for it, but i haven't gotten told to leave ranked or to KMS and honestly if this happens I deserve to receive a little flak because I played poorly. Some games/rounds weve lost people just automatically blame it on the new player, but ive had players stand up for me and also compliment me when I do something good. TBH most of the time there is hardly any talking good or bad. I dont know any of the players in the ranked community so I can't say oh yeah I've played with so and so and he is so toxic, but so far no one has really been toxic to me and I have been thoroughly enjoying ranked and I would say I am getting a lot better already.

So for any new players that are getting turned off by all of the negative forum posts about ranked, I am here to tell you that you can have a positive experience and I would say the majority of the time you are going to have an enjoyable experience.

nice to hear u are having a good time.

Most of the time when people are toxic its cause they lose but u don't have to take it to heart and just try to improve and most of the time when those people see improvement they will tell u too.

For all those people out there who say ranked is toxic , u shouldve played Season 8 , wich was the top of toxicity and the biggest boost to improve ever.

nice to hear u are having a good time.

Most of the time when people are toxic its cause they lose but u don't have to take it to heart and just try to improve and most of the time when those people see improvement they will tell u too.

For all those people out there who say ranked is toxic , u shouldve played Season 8 , wich was the top of toxicity and the biggest boost to improve ever.

Yes, season 8 was cancer . That was my first ever ranked season and of course I wasn't , let's say... that ready for it , even thought I though I am.

I can understand people's frustration when losing, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. I mean if you are some kind PVP god, losing with noobs on your team shouldn't impact you , because in the long run, you will climb anyway cause you're that good, right ? ;)

It was so bad that the fingers on both my limbs are not enough to count how many times I was asked to ***ll myself , my family was wished they/d die of cancer, some players absolutely harassed me via emails or every way possible after matches.

And please don't delude yourselves people. On Darth Malgus , ranked is not that toxic anymore due to the fact the population has declined significantly since season 8 . If we had pops like back in those days, almost all day long, the toxicity would be almost the same because more players means bigger chance of someone being toxic. ;)

My experience is that if you are decent, people won't be toxic towards you. ;)

Edited by DavidAtkinson

So for any new players that are getting turned off by all of the negative forum posts about ranked, I am here to tell you that you can have a positive experience and I would say the majority of the time you are going to have an enjoyable experience.

All sounds right to me. Glad you're having fun. What server are you playing on?