Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PTS server on swtor.com not showing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS server on swtor.com not showing?

BingyDingy's Avatar


BingyDingy
07.24.2019 , 09:38 PM | #1
in the account settings on swtor.com the PTS copy main charter not showing to use? there

even the wording is gone for it, I had three mains toons in the PTS server they no longer there to try new things!
the location should be swtor.com/ account/ pts main toons copy pts servers!

pts is up and running but only playable new worlds, there no copy charters to I see, it been removed!
Do use Teamspeak play online with! Disord: chiefadfp
twitter: @chiefadfp Skype: chiefadfp
friends invite to all "Click-Here"

Rain_man_devo's Avatar


Rain_man_devo
07.24.2019 , 10:29 PM | #2
copy character is disabled for this round of testing.
Chase'Leary lvl 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Void with the weird O

where did I put my aggro dump again? oh yeah on your face. BURRRRN.

BingyDingy's Avatar


BingyDingy
07.24.2019 , 11:40 PM | #3
[Update] after trying log-in and out 4-5 times all my old toons i copy to the PTS finally show up, that were already there. before shown none in the PTS at all

still swtor.com / account setting don't show option to copy main toon to add PTS at all.

but i'm happy all my copy toons are back again

Quote: Originally Posted by Rain_man_devo View Post
copy character is disabled for this round of testing.
thanks didn't know they do that, thanks for the heads up
Do use Teamspeak play online with! Disord: chiefadfp
twitter: @chiefadfp Skype: chiefadfp
friends invite to all "Click-Here"

Rain_man_devo's Avatar


Rain_man_devo
07.24.2019 , 11:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BingyDingy View Post
[Update] after trying log-in and out 4-5 times all my old toons i copy to the PTS finally show up, that were already there. before shown none in the PTS at all

still swtor.com / account setting don't show option to copy main toon to add PTS at all.

but i'm happy all my copy toons are back again


thanks didn't know they do that, thanks for the heads up
They sometimes do and they'll be doing more focus testing with similar limitations in the future for Onslaught.
Chase'Leary lvl 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Void with the weird O

where did I put my aggro dump again? oh yeah on your face. BURRRRN.

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
07.25.2019 , 11:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rain_man_devo View Post
They sometimes do and they'll be doing more focus testing with similar limitations in the future for Onslaught.
That would make things easier for me to test my other Classes, even though the Devs want to focus on Sith Warrior and Sorcerer classes now.

Update: I tried to transfer, and it says Character transfer not available right now.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

Yamahara's Avatar


Yamahara
07.25.2019 , 11:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
That would make things easier for me to test my other Classes, even though the Devs want to focus on Sith Warrior and Sorcerer classes now.

Update: I tried to transfer, and it says Character transfer not available right now.
Just make whatever class you want, level it to 10 on the starter planet, then go to fleet and take the shuttle to korriban and use the auto level 75 thing to get to Odessen. Then you can gear and test the class. There is general gear set bonuses for all classes and tact items as well. I have a 75 PT and Op on there right now. They provide everything you need to gear and aug so there is no need for the PTS copy. It'd be nice to have all of our buffs though to be honest. ;l
Lukewarm Tauntauns

JonasCarlson's Avatar


JonasCarlson
07.31.2019 , 06:49 AM | #7
Does anyone know when the next round is open to transfer characters to the PTS? I've been trying to do it for about 10 days. Thanks.

DzastinBiberi's Avatar


DzastinBiberi
08.14.2019 , 04:34 PM | #8
How to install PTS now?

Last year it was a no brainer, but now I can't even find the download option in the main launcher.

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
08.14.2019 , 05:28 PM | #9
I don't think the PTS is up at the moment. Although, last time it came up the message wasn't stickied. So if they did that again, then it's possible it's one of the messages from the last day or so further down the list.

As far as how to download it... in the launcher, AFTER you login, but BEFORE you click the "Play" button, go to a little button in the lower left corner. Click on that and it will let you switch to the PTS. Then it will proceed like a normal "update", downloading the PTS update if there is one. Note you have to re-switch to the PTS every time you start the launcher again. It doesn't remember (at least not for me).

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
08.14.2019 , 05:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JonasCarlson View Post
Does anyone know when the next round is open to transfer characters to the PTS? I've been trying to do it for about 10 days. Thanks.
Last I knew they turned off transfers. You have to create a new character when you login, and then there is a terminal to jump you to max level. And then another terminal to get millions and millions of creds, with which you can buy all the new gear.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF