Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maras are not op and here is why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Maras are not op and here is why...

Otchiver
02.27.2018 , 11:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by criticalhd View Post
I've been here since the alpha-beta stage of the game so you should definitely listen to me (or else). Firstly muraders are the only class in the game w/o self-healing so there's that.
Secondly, they're melee, BOOM not op, you can't deal damage if you're not in melee range, so you shouldn't stay still like a mannequin and tank muraders damage you should constatly move away from him.
So leave my favorite class alone ,I barely get invites in team ranked because the top dogs know the class is rubish and w/o self-heals and i respect that . So there . Leave us alone!
I'm sorry, but who in the blue hell are you

No really... who the **** are you?

KendraP
02.27.2018 , 12:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Fury maras have the highest numbers among players, but there are plenty of Carnage and Anni's around. You see these 2 in Team Ranked more than in Solo Ranked.
If someone is playing annhi or carnage then they're probably dedicated to that spec. I could say the same thing about dps guardians, PTs, or sorcs, all of whom have a reasonable presence despite being squishy. So I'm not entirely certain that maras have a "more dedicated player base" than guardians or sorcs, who are also classic star wars archetypes.

Also, I'm not here for mara nerfs. Honestly I think maras are fine., certainly dps wise. I'm just pointing out that other classes do in fact have "dedicated fan base(s)" too. It's a logical consistency issue: "my class should be best because I like it!" Is not a logical argument.

DavidAtkinson
02.27.2018 , 12:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
If someone is playing annhi or carnage then they're probably dedicated to that spec. I could say the same thing about dps guardians, PTs, or sorcs, all of whom have a reasonable presence despite being squishy. So I'm not entirely certain that maras have a "more dedicated player base" than guardians or sorcs, who are also classic star wars archetypes.

Also, I'm not here for mara nerfs. Honestly I think maras are fine., certainly dps wise. I'm just pointing out that other classes do in fact have "dedicated fan base(s)" too. It's a logical consistency issue: "my class should be best because I like it!" Is not a logical argument.
The idea is.. that all these nerf threads have been going on since probably day one.

Six year have passed and where is our class balance after hundreds of nerf whiner threads ?

Yes, as you can see.. there is no class balance and there never will be.

As for how dedicated someone is to his class, its hard to judge. Juggs are one of the most popular classes in the game from what I've seen. And regarding marauders, Bioware have made a mistake by nerfing Anni and Carnage. that was never needed and that's why Fury looks so god mode compared to those 2. I fail to find any logical reason as to why they nerfed the other 2 specs and why they had to nerf Deception sins. Again, the nerf od deception has contributed to Fury looking even more god mode.

And let's say they nerf Fury DPS, and I ask the question: what the fink was the point of all that messing around with DPS nerfs ? You nerf every DPS spec except Fury and then you realize you have to nerf Fury too because It seems to OP now as it's untouched.

Probably Developers don't play their game, and this is the consequence.

KendraP
02.27.2018 , 01:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
The idea is.. that all these nerf threads have been going on since probably day one.

Six year have passed and where is our class balance after hundreds of nerf whiner threads ?

Yes, as you can see.. there is no class balance and there never will be.

As for how dedicated someone is to his class, its hard to judge. Juggs are one of the most popular classes in the game from what I've seen. And regarding marauders, Bioware have made a mistake by nerfing Anni and Carnage. that was never needed and that's why Fury looks so god mode compared to those 2. I fail to find any logical reason as to why they nerfed the other 2 specs and why they had to nerf Deception sins. Again, the nerf od deception has contributed to Fury looking even more god mode.

And let's say they nerf Fury DPS, and I ask the question: what the fink was the point of all that messing around with DPS nerfs ? You nerf every DPS spec except Fury and then you realize you have to nerf Fury too because It seems to OP now as it's untouched.

Probably Developers don't play their game, and this is the consequence.
Again as for as maras I think they should he the top dps class, as the melee class thst literally can't do anything else.

Also again, I really haven't said anything about maras. The guy we got started over was talking about a post that made little sense. My discrepancy with what I believe to be his logical process is that maras have a "more dedicated playerbase" than other classes. As your own example look at juggies. Despite the fact that mara is better in literally every way there are a large number of people who stick with dps juggie. Because they are a "dedicated playerbase." More than mara? Who knows. It's impossible to tell and certainly not a point to be argued to either class' benefit.

As far as the plethora of nerf threads, half the recommendations on them make no sense of would absolutely destroy the class they're aimed at. I do wish the devs would come up with actual balance rather than ignoring issues or nerfing/buffing into oblivion.